EAF19_Marsh

After the Epic Update - confirmation of new a/c?

It has already been unofficially confirmed by me on the english forms that the next expansion might be the Battle of France.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They could also offer a late war Russian module with the existing late-war German planset - but have a slight discount if you buy both (since you are buying some aircraft twice)! Of course the price structure would have to take into account the map & campaign - so the discount couldn't be huge.

A late war German bomber as a collector plane could also be offered with pre-order, but would cost a lot ($30-35) if people don't pre-order... so, a strong incentive....

7 hours ago, sevenless said:

You are a tad bit too pessimistic. They could very well sell between 42 and 67 copies. Depending on if you ask Peter Rodeike or Jeffrey Ethell.

Ta152-1.jpg

Ta152-2.jpg

Yes, but most of those were still in the factory in May '45

16 hours ago, HerrBree said:

Not saying its the first obvious choice for a German premium, but was the Me 410 used on the eastern front at all i cant find any documentation of it. Additionally is there any confirmation that development of the next expansion is under way?

Looks like only the reconnaissance units had Me 410 on the Eastern Front like Aufklärungsgruppe 122, Fernaufklärungsgruppe 1 and 2. But I can't completely trust this source (russain book about Bf 110, Me 210 and 410).

10 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

It has already been unofficially confirmed by me on the english forms that the next expansion might be the Battle of France.

Possibly. But I have it from reliable sources that the next update will predate the BoF. It will feature both the RAF and the CAF. That's the Colonial Air Force from the American Revolutionary War. BOTA. Battle of the Americas. Some epic battles little known until this last 4th of July.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

I believe the correct response, tovarisch, is DA! DA! DA! DA! DA! DA!

I'm with you.

Yes. The end war needs to be done.  Battle of Berlin. Bagration etc.

Wasnt the Yak3 the one the Luftwaffe feared more than the Yak9? Off to look up both..

Yes. I hate to admit it but I wish theyd do one Yak9 and a Yak3.  Its the only Russian plane *at all* Im aware of the Luftwaffe told its pilots to avoid engaging below certain alts.

Also the comment thete may be more a/c on one side of the planeset than the other points HEAVILY towards either late war Europe east or west (many many alloed ac left most Germans are done) OR Korea (many Allied Ac, after the first 2 weeks the Koreans/Chinese etc basically used Mig15d and Po2s at night.  A korean title that included all the ex Soviet prop aircraft the DPRK used for about 2 weeks before they were eliminated would be silly to bother adding.

I do admit Id love to fly a twin mustamg but not enough to get. Korea title

Edited by Sublime

It seems to me that, based on product release, the map and campaigns are the choke point, hence the release of the planes before the map and the release of orphaned planes. I'm guessing that the maps are the really tedious portion of the production. I suspect that the better model would be to sell maps and campaigns separately from the planes, with "bundled" savings for purchases made together. However, I'd also guess that many of us consumers would be unhappy. Still, I bet it would improve cash flow over the long run.

Of course, this is all uninformed conjecture, so not to be relied upon in any way shape or form.

9 hours ago, 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R said:

Yes, but most of those were still in the factory in May '45

Yes, AFAIK that is the case. I am only aware of the planes that were  delivered and used by JG 301. IIRC some 15 machines. Reschke wrote about using them against VVS and RAF. Maybe someone has more details how many of the produced planes actually went into service. My guess is less than 30%.

Edited by sevenless

Here's a thought. Give the allies its own transport plane. Would be a great addition to campaign builders and coop builders. The C-47 Skytrain is long overdue in this sim. Put the gooney bird on the collector plane list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, AKA_Greywolf said:

Here's a thought. Give the allies its own transport plane. Would be a great addition to campaign builders and coop builders. The C-47 Skytrain is long overdue in this sim. Put the gooney bird on the collector plane list.

The intent has already been mentioned by the Dev's, Li-2/DC-3 /C-47 as possible  next project after Po-2

So hopefully... 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

I know we have the Spit V and IX but I would love a Spit XIV... Big griffon engine to help counter those pesky 262s... Also, it would be so cool to have a PR version of the Spit and somehow have it so you take a photo of a target and it is then available to others on your team for intel...

Fully appreciate that Spits aren't the be all and end all and I actually came here to fly the P-47 but I have flown the IX almosy exclusively since flying it the other day...

Loving this sim! 

Edited by Badders46
  • Like 1

It would be nice to get some official news regarding the state of the C-47/Li-2. Because lets face it... the C-47/Li-2 would probably sell a lot more than a two more russian fighters that are probably only slightly different than the other russian fighters... I know that I personally wont be purchasing any of those new collector's aircraft, mainly because I have 0 interest in more russian fighters... I might buy the hurricane, but even that one doesn't hold a lot of interest for me...

Its like... why do we need even more 109s as well? We have OODLES of 109s... a metric TON of russian aircraft... but so few actual aircraft from Britain/The US/France/ect. And I feel like leading off the addition of western nation's aircraft, should be one of the single most successful and widely used transport aircraft of the allies. An aircraft I might add, that is STILL in service with some airlines in the world, even to this day.

Not having such an amazing piece of flying technology would be such a disappointment tbh... Especially for balancing out the aircraft type list for the allies. That, and a C-47 would be an instant purchase for me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sublime said:

Wasnt the Yak3 the one the Luftwaffe feared more than the Yak9? Off to look up both..

Yes. I hate to admit it but I wish theyd do one Yak9 and a Yak3.  Its the only Russian plane *at all* Im aware of the Luftwaffe told its pilots to avoid engaging below certain alts.

I’ve seen that mentioned in a fair few places, but no one has ever produced the report or order. Since you cannot tell a Yak-3 from a -9 until you are pretty close I suspect the advice was a general: “Their fighters are getting better, especially below 2,000m, so try to avoid prolonged  engagements below that height”

2 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

I’ve seen that mentioned in a fair few places, but no one has ever produced the report or order. Since you cannot tell a Yak-3 from a -9 until you are pretty close I suspect the advice was a general: “Their fighters are getting better, especially below 2,000m, so try to avoid prolonged  engagements below that height”

The advice specifies "prolonged engagement", which is basically go ahead and engage but don't stay there.  Different from Sublime's post which suggests that LW pilots were told not to engage.  "Don't turn fight with Russian fighters at low altitude" was pretty good advice all through the war, but more important as Soviet pilots got better, planes got better, and numbers got bigger.

• Upvote 1

Well, I will naturally buy any plane they throw at us, but as the latest expansion is the Bodenplatte and the western front I kind of expected the next collector planes to be related to that with new players coming in with that expansion etc, and everyone exited with the new great Rhineland map. It really would be nice to fill that only single seat top of the line fighter that is lacking there, namely the Spifire Mk XIV (sorry Typhoon - but your big brother is in so you will have to wait).

And for sure, a Mossie or a Me-410 would be nice as well. But - I kind of expected the new collectors to be the B-25 and the Spitfire Mk XIV.

After that we have the big and hard to fill hole of the PTO, the med stuff and the late VVS fighters. Or maybe they shock us with France 1940 or Spain 1936 ;) 

ANY new aircraft from the period 1938 to 1945 is an instant buy from me.  Bring them, all of them, and I will throw my hard earned money at you like so many leaves on a windy fall day.

Be sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

There is a static typhoon now.

IMHO Tunisia makes a lot of sense. Current aircraft set would just need some variants and a couple new AC like the hurri. Ditto for tanks.

Would love to jump hedge rows over the french country side in a razor back 47 looking for tanks to blow up!

5 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Hmm interesting. I never saw a report either now you mention it.

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

The advice specifies "prolonged engagement", which is basically go ahead and engage but don't stay there.  Different from Sublime's post which suggests that LW pilots were told not to engage.  "Don't turn fight with Russian fighters at low altitude" was pretty good advice all through the war, but more important as Soviet pilots got better, planes got better, and numbers got bigger.

Do you have the report?

I ask because wiki (i know..) Directly states that. Just curious

P.s. also by the tone of my post starting as a near question I wasnt tryinv to say thats how it was period. I almost feel like in your post Pat your implying Im misleading people intentionally

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

Hmm interesting. I never saw a report either now you mention it.

Do you have the report?

I ask because wiki (i know..) Directly states that. Just curious

No, but I have never heard of any fighter unit being told anything that suggests "do not engage".  Advise was given as to how to come out on top but you always wanted your fighter pilots to be aggressive.  In this particular example the idea was don't stay with Russian planes below 2K meters, which is different from don't engage them.  Heck, why not if you were faster than they were and above them.

Other examples: The Zero could outdo the Wildcat in most aspects of the flight envelope.  Wildcat pilots were not told to avoid combat.  They were advised to use team tactics to mitigate the WIldcat's disadvantages and to play to its advantages.  Same lesson was learned by the Flying Tigers in China.  They did pretty well in their P40s as long as they refused to play into their opponents strengths.

IMHO too much is made of conversations where reasonable respect was shown to an opponent's mount.  These conversations are often translated as a level of fear that IMHO was overblown.  They were talking about how to win (and also not lose) but not about how to avoid a fight.

19 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

It would be nice to get some official news regarding the state of the C-47/Li-2. Because lets face it... the C-47/Li-2 would probably sell a lot more than a two more russian fighters that are probably only slightly different than the other russian fighters...

I cant remember exactly where I saw it, or who said it (think it was one of the devs or maybe even Jason, but not sure so dont quote me on that), but apparently even though the U2 was "outsourced" to Yugra media, it took more of the core teams' time and effort to finish it than they had originally planned/hoped. So that might be the hold up the C-47/Li-2 - the original plan to get Yugra to build it after the U2  was not as straightforward as originally thought, and it will require considerable time and effort from the core team to do it, which they havent been able to afford so far. Having said that, now that the FC aircraft are done (these were also being done by Yugra AFAIK), maybe they have started work on the C-47/Li-2 after all. I hope so because its an aircraft I have really been looking forward to and an allied equivalent to the Ju-52 has been sorely needed for a long time now..

Edited by Flashy

I am kind of hoping that they ultimately build a C-47 rather than an Li-2. Reason being that the C-47 did serve in some numbers with the Soviet Union but the Li-2 didn't serve anywhere else. With the scope of the sim expanding, it'd be handy to have the almost ubiquitous transport aircraft available. Also I'd be pretty happy to be able to fly such a classic aircraft.

Not unless they can do both... in which case, ok cool :)

C'mon Devs give us next expansion announcement, we're only one patch away from BoBp (or BoR as some suggested) release!

Don't wait end of the month when i don't have money!

1 hour ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I am kind of hoping that they ultimately build a C-47 rather than an Li-2. Reason being that the C-47 did serve in some numbers with the Soviet Union but the Li-2 didn't serve anywhere else. With the scope of the sim expanding, it'd be handy to have the almost ubiquitous transport aircraft available. Also I'd be pretty happy to be able to fly such a classic aircraft.

Not unless they can do both... in which case, ok cool :)

They might want to keep the C47 for an potential normandy expansion in the future.

22 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

Its like... why do we need even more 109s as well? We have OODLES of 109s... a metric TON of russian aircraft... but so few actual aircraft from Britain/The US/France/ect. And I feel like leading off the addition of western nation's aircraft, should be one of the single most successful and widely used transport aircraft of the allies. An aircraft I might add, that is STILL in service with some airlines in the world, even to this day.

The product releasing policy don`t support it. Every GB product needs to have new axis content or it risks people not buying it, since they get the map for free anyway.

Besides, I`d rather pay a non premium fee for creating more 109 variants, than having to add them through game mods, which is not typical for German planes Rust-Bausatze/Rustsatze historic logistics anyway. There were many of them too. We currently do not have high altitude German (adapted) fighters, yet we have turbocharged and supercharged American planes.

Edited by Mac_Messer

16 minutes ago, Mac_Messer said:

We currently do not have high altitude German (adapted) fighters, yet we have turbocharged and supercharged American planes.

All German fighters have superchargers and the 109s already perform very well (as they should) at high altitude. The US aircraft are not modelled in a special way, merely as they were.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, BlackSix said:

Any late German collector plane can block for us in the future the possibility to create late Eastern Front battle.

I wish we had a "Battle Over Koenigsberg", featuring Normandie Niemen's Yak-3 !

• Upvote 1

Yup, that's about the only eastern front title I'd buy after the overdose I had with it in the last few years.

15 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

They were talking about how to win (and also not lose) but not about how to avoid a fight.

Certainly, but faith in an airplane's ability increases pilot aggressiveness. When the Spitfire IX started being deployed in Africa, it was a major confidence boost to pilots flying the Spitfire V who felt outclassed by the Bf-109Gs and, especially, the Fw-190As. Upon reflection pilots recognized that the difference was more to do with tactics and flying ability, but at the time flying Spitfire IXs felt like an equalizer.

A placebo often works even when the patient is told he/she is taking a placebo.

1 minute ago, cardboard_killer said:

Certainly, but faith in an airplane's ability increases pilot aggressiveness. When the Spitfire IX started being deployed in Africa, it was a major confidence boost to pilots flying the Spitfire V who felt outclassed by the Bf-109Gs and, especially, the Fw-190As. Upon reflection pilots recognized that the difference was more to do with tactics and flying ability, but at the time flying Spitfire IXs felt like an equalizer.

A placebo often works even when the patient is told he/she is taking a placebo.

No question that is true.  "It's the man and not the plane" only goes so far.  I still am not aware of any order/directive/whatever that directed pilots not to engage.  Advice on how to win, sure.  Things to be aware of, absolutely.  Prioritization, yes (i.e. focus on the bombers and that sort of thing).  But never anything that said avoid confrontation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ww2fighter20 said:

They might want to keep the C47 for an potential normandy expansion in the future.

That doesn't seem like a strategy that they would pursue. The only types that break out of the typical combat mold are Collector Planes (U-2VS and Ju52/3m). With the C-47 fitting that and it and Li-2 being similar, near identical types, its unlikely that they would build one as part of a "Battle of" title and then offer another as a Collector Plane. It would be without precedent with their strategy so far and I suspect part of the community would balk at a "non-combat" type taking up one of the slots from a Battle of series.

With Jason and team already stating that the concept was for them to work with Ugra (or Yugra) Media on the U-2VS and then, if all went well, to do the Li-2/C-47/DC-3 after. It would almost certainly come as a Collector Plane.

I like the idea of a C-47 for its historical significance. But when I think of other planes I could be driving instead, it loses its shine. I mean, give me the choice between a Mosquito (or even an Me-410) and the C-47, and I'll go with the combat fighter/bomber every time.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, BlackSix said:

Regarding these new quasi-official planes more specifically, quasi-official Hurricane II can be used in the BoM and BoS career and quasi-official Yak-9 in the BoK career only)

Did you by any chance fined if any Yak-9T squadrons also operated in Kuban after timeline for curent Kuban career.

Here its mentioned that in late 43 they hunt enemy ships on the Black Sea:

http://airwar.ru/enc/fww2/yak9t.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Did you by any chance fined if any Yak-9T squadrons also operated in Kuban after timeline for curent Kuban career.

Here its mentioned that in late 43 they hunt enemy ships on the Black Sea:

http://airwar.ru/enc/fww2/yak9t.html

Looks like it was navy regiment, perhaps 6th GIAP VMF as it had Yak-9D in late 43. 4th Air Army hadn't any Yak-9/9T from June 1943.

Anyway our career ends on Oct 10, 1943 and at this time there wasn't any Yak-9 or Yak-9T.

If I receive an order to add Yak-9T to the career it will be an unhistoric unit like Fw 190 A-3 for BoS or MC 202 for BoM.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:52 AM, CUJO_1970 said:

Thank you, business is business I suppose.

Sad news indeed for those of us hoping for more German aircraft.

Or good news for those of us hoping for a late war eastern front setting. ;)

Devs are clever. They know what most of their customers wants. New planes. Who cares for limited and buggy netcode and other things which should be fixed. Iknow, we, MP players are less in numbers. But we, along with the devs made this sim famous. WE pushed them to make it better and better. We can burry it too. Nobody will be happy though. Some of my squad mates already decided they wont be buying anything new unless they see important fixes for MP players.

Devs can ignore those issues and they can drawn themselves and us along in the way. You can laugh now but we will see what it will be. WW2 combat sim genre is already small and declining....

Oh btw, the new cheat appeared. prnt scrn or whataver they press and plane is invisible at close range. Like the speed cheat wasnt enough....

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

(Edit: removed some of my unnecessary sarcasm)

Tvrdi:

I play a lot of driving sims (Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, Automobilista) and each has its pros and its cons, but each are restricted by the size of their teams. Heck, the two big soccer franchises (FIFA and PES) each make huge compromises despite not being in a niche at all. Sometimes you need to take a step back and see what an achievement it is compared to where games were 10 years ago.

You have no way of 'burying' a game unless you're its entire audience and you're the sole future target audience too. You've every right to say "I really want to see some improvements to combat MP cheating before investing in more planes" but you speak for yourself (and apparently some of your MP clan). Hey, I personally would love to see some further AI improvements and changes to visibility and clouds, but I'm happy to accept that the game is already excellent and look forward to whatever (WWII) content may be added. And that without funding, there is no future development or further titles. And, if it is available to them, the devs have spent years proving that they reinvest this into improving the game.

Personally, I'm looking forward to whatever gets added to the previous titles and breathes new life into them. Look at what elements like SP career have brought, and new features (like the upcoming air marshal) are in development and bringing improvement each passing year.

I challenge you to go read through the thread of patchnotes from the last few years and say the devs don't make important fixes.

Edited by rodgerdavies
  • Upvote 1