After the Epic Update - confirmation of new a/c?

Going Pacific would fulfill a lot of wishes, but I seem to remember the devs stating it was further off than they initially thought. Transition to carriers and finding enough details to properly replicate Japanese planes was a major contributor. 

I hope the new aircraft have nothing to do with the next big thing. Since we already know what the planes are, we would also know what the nex BoX would be.

Edit: or rather, where the next thing would be. But if I understood correctly, those 2 new collector planes are "standalones" so to speak, they have nothing to do with the next big thing.

Edited by danielprates

There has not been any further news regarding the DC-3/C-47/Li-2 and that so far was the only thing at least being looked at by their partners, also rumours of Hurricanes and Yaks but nothing official yet. 

I really want a C-47 and a Hurricane so much.

I think Han mentioned somewhere not so long ago that any announcement on the way ahead would most likely come in November so I guess that would include collectors aircraft and the next module.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Jason also said that amount of planes for new project might be uneven between axis and allies.

Edit: This might mean another business model (5+5 planes + one map)

3 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

also rumours of Hurricanes and Yaks but nothing official yet. 

Well, no DD about it, but devs announced it on Russian forum and on an official event in Russia (I take it as "official" 😎)

Edited by PA-Sniv
1 hour ago, PA-Sniv said:

Apart from new collector planes already announced (Hurricane, Yak-9 & Yak-9T), they talked about BoBp release in October and new announcement in November.

Was the completely confirmed or a very strong rumour based on a remark? I was never quite sure which.

6 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Regarding these new quasi-official planes more specifically, quasi-official Hurricane II can be used in the BoM and BoS career and quasi-official Yak-9 in the BoK career only)

Thanks Black Six. More campaign material?

• 1CGS
38 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

More campaign material?

Sorry, I can't understand what do you mean about campaign material...

18 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

How about a quasi-official FW190-A9 please?

Easy addition to A8, over 900 produced and actually participated in Bodenplatte 😊

Any late German collector plane can block for us in the future the possibility to create late Eastern Front battle.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10
6 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Any late German collector plane can block for us in the future the possibility to create late Eastern Front battle.

Thank you, business is business I suppose.

Sad news indeed for those of us hoping for more German aircraft.

2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Regarding these new quasi-official planes more specifically, quasi-official Hurricane II can be used in the BoM and BoS career and quasi-official Yak-9 in the BoK career only)

Guess they've been promoted to "official", sans the "quasi-" then. Great to hear that.

Well nutz. Certainly not the collectors planes I was hoping for. As someone else said, I'll buy them to support the team and further development. Disappointing to me but I guess I'll just pout over in the corner until the Mosquito comes to be.... sooner than later hopefully.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Rjel said:

Well nutz. Certainly not the collectors planes I was hoping for. As someone else said, I'll buy them to support the team and further development. Disappointing to me but I guess I'll just pout over in the corner until the Mosquito comes to be.... sooner than later hopefully.

I'm sure the developers are aware that a Mosquito would be popular: I seem to recall Jason saying something about this somewhere. At a guess though, they may have arrived at the Hurricane/Yak 9 choices for the next collector aircraft because they wanted simple aircraft that could be completed relatively quickly and which filled in gaps in existing scenarios. As BlackSix has just stated in relation to late-war German aircraft, they may wish to keep the Mossie for a future expansion.

That is great news. I always hoped for a 44/45 module with Yak-3 and La-7 and other late war VVS stuff. Let us hope the future is not all too distant for this.

Very nice!

Edited by sevenless
1 minute ago, AndyJWest said:

I'm sure the developers are aware that a Mosquito would be popular: I seem to recall Jason saying something about this somewhere. At a guess though, they may have arrived at the Hurricane/Yak 9 choices for the next collector aircraft because they wanted simple aircraft that could be completed relatively quickly and which filled in gaps in existing scenarios. As BlackSix has just stated in relation to late-war German aircraft, they may wish to keep the Mossie for a future expansion.

I understand and it makes perfect sense. I agree the Mosquito will be a huge draw if and when it comes. I'll be content with the Mustang and Lightning for a long time to come. Both are more than I hoped for when the series first began.

4 minutes ago, Rjel said:

I understand and it makes perfect sense. I agree the Mosquito will be a huge draw if and when it comes. I'll be content with the Mustang and Lightning for a long time to come. Both are more than I hoped for when the series first began.

Yes I actually could see a Mossie and a Typhoon being intral parts of a 3/44-8/44 Normandy module extending the career timeline for another 6 months. I guess they might tell us about their future plans once BoBP is out of the door. Maybe we will learn in November this year.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

At a guess though, they may have arrived at the Hurricane/Yak 9 choices for the next collector aircraft because they wanted simple aircraft that could be completed relatively quickly and which filled in gaps in existing scenarios. 

This sounds reasonable.    I wonder if these planes are the latest product of the team that made the U2VS?   Perhaps another step in the learning process and more fruits from Jason's visit to the RAF museum with his camera and measuring tape?:)

4 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Did I hear that right? You guys are actually considering more GPW titlens? 

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! 

🕺

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Sorry, I can't understand what do you mean about campaign material...

Apologies, that was unclear. I meant that both give you excellent opportunity for your superb campaigns 👍

35 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Don't need to visit a museum to make the Hurricane.

Jason

😂

5 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Not saying its the first obvious choice for a German premium, but was the Me 410 used on the eastern front at all i cant find any documentation of it. Additionally is there any confirmation that development of the next expansion is under way?

2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

I'm all for the Ta-152

So long as they are only allowed to sell 13 copies.. 😎 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

You are a tad bit too pessimistic. They could very well sell between 42 and 67 copies. Depending on if you ask Peter Rodeike or Jeffrey Ethell.

Ta152-1.jpg

Ta152-2.jpg