Lofte

Do you like new tank gun aiming system (Poll)?

New tank gun aiming system - pro et contra  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like new tank gun aiming system? Think it is better than old one?

• Yes
    • No
    • "New tank gun aiming system"? What's that?

I do not know about the T34, KV1,  but the Tiger used hydraulics to move the turret, when the engine was running.  When engine off, and also to precise aim,  hand wheels are used

When you open the valve to go clockwise,  with the engine on,  a hydraulic motor spins a gear on turret ring.  If you close that valve,  it stops,  it does not continue on anywhere near what we have in game now.   If you were to reverse the valve to go counterclockwise,  it would immediately go counterclockwise.    That is not what I am seeing in game.

With a hydraulic system, you can have hunting,  but those types of problems are for things that are moving at a lot faster speeds than this turret.  the hunting should be very slight, and the handwheel precise aim  ,  well, we don't actually have that right now.

Yes, you can use Joy to Key   and  get the  more precise/slow aim,   but I still haven't gotten that to work on the ridiculous hunting.   Besides the fact that we should not be forced to use third party software for basic control !

Lastly,  the turret traverse being wonky is one issue.   The Gun Elevation  was solely done with a handwheel, and gears,  not hydraulics, or electric motor,   so how is that explained  acting in the same way as the turret traverse ?     This is not a pintle mount weapon like in an aircraft turret !    I wish the TC developers would get off their can  and get the gun El, and the Turret TR  set up and bound so we can set up a Jstik Axis,  or Key combo, as each player prefers !  

Had the aiming controls not been touched,  I believe TC would have been much better off.    Maybe those of us here are missing the point ; perhaps the  new aiming system  simply came about so the  AC turret gunners had faster movement ?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WaNTRD said:

Had the aiming controls not been touched,  I believe TC would have been much better off.   

After much practice, much more irritation ..The new system really works very badly. For now ... not online anymore , otherwise I will not pick it up at all.

It's a big disappointment, TC is really a piece of relaxation for me .. but now it is all irritation .

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

Please don't make World of Tanks from the Tank Crew. The new aiming system is the only possible way to keep realism. I had opportunity to aim and shot 2S1 Gvozdika and DANA. And believe me there is no way to point the target and just wait for gun and turret till they automaticly move like in World of Tanks or War Thunder...  Remember good old Panzer Elite? You just have to move the turret left or right on target and than the gun up or down. Of course to be more realistic there should be an option to push the button to change from electric/hydraulic fast aiming to slower but more precise manual one and that's it - full realusm will be achieved. 

Edited by Kseremak
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I suppoty the new system, it's obviously lot more realistic BUT.. we need to to able to bind keyboard keys instead of mouse.

With mouse new realistic system doesn't stop moving the gun when we want it to stop, with keys it will work great like it worked in every single tank simulator.

• Upvote 4

Of course. There should be an option to use Mouse, button, joystick or gamepad. Of course joystick should be 0-1 when using electric drive (I'm not sure about German hydraulic) and smooth only on manual

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kseremak said:

Please don't make World of Tanks from the Tank Crew. The new aiming system is the only possible way to keep realism. I had opportunity to aim and shot 2S1 Gvozdika and DANA. And believe me there is no way to point the target and just wait for gun and turret till they automaticly move like in World of Tanks or War Thunder...  Remember good old Panzer Elite? You just have to move the turret left or right on target and than the gun up or down. Of course to be more realistic there should be an option to push the button to change from electric/hydraulic fast aiming to slower but more precise manual one and that's it - full realusm will be achieved. 

I'm sorry, but I simply don't understand what you are saying here. 

The old way: the gun moved via mouse control.  The turret rotation and gun elevation was limited to actual values. 

The new way: the gun moves via mouse control.  The turret rotation and gun elevation are limited to actual values. 

What has changed is where the view is centered during mouse movement. (I can't say unequivocally that the mouse speed was altered but it feels like it has).  The current method is extraordinarily disorienting unless one can massively slow down their mouse which can be done by going immediately to full zoom or with mouse dpi settings.  The unintended consequence, however, is the resulting need to change mouse dpi for various zooms and views.  Unless we're going to require actual tank controls be used I would think that mouse control would be fine for realism. 

1 minute ago, chuter said:

I'm sorry, but I simply don't understand what you are saying here. 

I took what he said as: No smooth aim control as in warthunder or world of tanks where you can move the sight diagonaly(up and down at the same time) and also no settings like: fast traverse mode/hydralic and slow manual aiming when you zero in the sight.
So like he said: You normally move the turret left or right, when you get it pointing near the target you go into manual mode and adjust sideways and then up or down.
This could be done with the keyboard like in panzer elite games.

With the old sight it was more arcadic and hard to overshot the sight as one might do in combat with hydralics turned on, example king tiger with maximum traverse, 360 traverse in 35 seconds when main engine is connected to the turret.

I would also like to add some tanks didnt even have hydralic traverse and various different speeds or limits which I would like to see so the sight is different and uniue to each tank, now they all have the same speed on the traverse.

• Upvote 1

My point is that aiming indicator like in War Thunder which you point at the target and just wait for gun to automatically aim is nonsense (kind of it is possible in Modern MBT's when Commander has hunter killer panoramic sight). And believe me it is possible to miss the target too much left or right if you use only fast electric traverse. That is why I suggested adding button to change from electric to precise manual aim. And yes you are right: mouse is not the best aiming device because it does not have intuitive "zero move point" like button or joystick.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

I took what he said as: No smooth aim control as in warthunder or world of tanks where you can move the sight diagonaly(up and down at the same time) and also no settings like: fast traverse mode/hydralic and slow manual aiming when you zero in the sight.
So like he said: You normally move the turret left or right, when you get it pointing near the target you go into manual mode and adjust sideways and then up or down.
This could be done with the keyboard like in panzer elite games.

With the old sight it was more arcadic and hard to overshot the sight as one might do in combat with hydralics turned on, example king tiger with maximum traverse, 360 traverse in 35 seconds when main engine is connected to the turret.

I would also like to add some tanks didnt even have hydralic traverse and various different speeds or limits which I would like to see so the sight is different and uniue to each tank, now they all have the same speed on the traverse.

Well ... ?

I thought he was saying the new system was more realistic than the old system in that maintaining gunsight view versus swinging view away from gunsight was more realistic.  I can understand that part but I fail to see any advantage either way.  After thinking about it while playing I guess what the real problem is is mouse speed.  When the mouse moves at a high rate without any visual indication it's easy to wind the turret up or rocket the reticule around the target.  To simply say this is more realistic is ridiculous as it's entirely a function of mouse dpi speed and is something I suffer from with a fast mouse setting (1000).   As it is, view movement speed is basically a function of zoom (my scrollwheel) and that works rather well for me in game for everything else at the moment, it's just the gunsight view that's messing up.  Switching to gunner view in full unzoomed state (ultra high speed mouse, I can literally circle the tank a couple of times just grabbing the mouse) and having to scroll the mousewheel a few times to get full zoom to get it under control while hitting kp5 to get back to zero doesn't seem realistic to me ... but, anyway.  Like I said earlier, I'm resistant to change my mouse because everything else in the game works so well for me.

As far as all tanks in game having the same traverse speed, you may want to check again.  The fastest turrets are the T-34s with the slowest, by far, being the Tiger and P3. 

New system is diffenately far more realistic but without an option to bind keys or joystick it is (unnecessarily) very hard to use. When they will add other binding options (instead of mouse) and electro/hydraulic fast turret rotation as separate control it will be great as it was in every single tank simulators to this day.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bies said:

New system is diffenately far more realistic but without an option to bind keys or joystick it is (unnecessarily) very hard to use. When they will add other binding options (instead of mouse) and electro/hydraulic fast turret rotation as separate control it will be great as it was in every single tank simulators to this day.

i think you really drunk my friend , i have give it a try for one hour … the tower reaction has its one life … when my mouse go to the left , my tower turns right ..when i moved my mouse down , my tower goos left and up …..diffenately far more realistic???????  Its a real mess !

Now whe have the same problems like the sherman with all the tanks , Halfway the turn , the tower turn back … when you try to change that it becomes a real mess in the aiming .

I really give it a big try , but again BIG irritation ,,, diffenately far more realistic ? … no realism at all ..a realistic mess do you mean ?

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

4 hours ago, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

i think you really drunk my friend , i have give it a try for one hour … the tower reaction has its one life … when my mouse go to the left , my tower turns right ..when i moved my mouse down , my tower goos left and up …..diffenately far more realistic???????

I think that your mouse either has such high DPI or you move it so much the target line is moved to the back of your tank and the shortest way for the gun is then to go right. One way to keep track of it: In bottom left corner where you see the direction of your tank, you have a yellow line that shows where you are pointing the turret or will point the gun. Keep an eye on it when you move the mouse and you can see and adjust the heading of the gun.
Made it easy for me to adjust and use the sight.

8 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

I think that your mouse either has such high DPI or you move it so much the target line is moved to the back of your tank and the shortest way for the gun is then to go right. One way to keep track of it: In bottom left corner where you see the direction of your tank, you have a yellow line that shows where you are pointing the turret or will point the gun. Keep an eye on it when you move the mouse and you can see and adjust the heading of the gun.
Made it easy for me to adjust and use the sight.

Nothing is wrong with my mouse , it works fine ,,,but after a wile ..the mouse gets wild :wacko:   no normal reaction , the tower turns and turns like a wild horse …. never had that before ,,in action a real mess.

It looks like a demon gets in to my mouse :wacko::crazy::tease:  No reaction , at least not the expected response . The tower is then completely uncontrollable .. it turn in the wrong direction … when i push mij mouse to the left the tower goos left , but suddenly the goos to the right and get its own demon life ..its really unplayable ...and the strange thing is ,,, it not happens all of the time !  

Generaly it works fine ( exept the drunken mouse feeling :wacko::drinks::wacko: )  but after a while , suddenly its uncontrollable ….. it drives me crazy !

I had that before the update in the sherman tank , that strange feeling and suddenly  turning back the tower ,, now i got it in all of the tanks .

But that is of course easy to explain  , all the tanks now have the same system as the sherman ………… and get all the bugs of the sherman :dash:

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

I won't even entertain the notion of playing Tank Crew until I can bind turret traverse and gun elevation to my joystick axis.  So I vote both control methods are crap :)

• Like 1

It seems the new system is pretty much like what they had introduced with the 'new' T34's periscope. I guess now all the tanks, and all the sights, get a chance to 'enjoy' that 'feature'.

In normal, it seems they've added some useful yellow arrows, which unfortunately we don't get on the tank server.

Also it seems they's added more instability, when driving, and after coming to a stop. The guns swings stupidly. I think it's this new feature which Java Keben has described as 'drunk'.

It's extremely irritating. I don't know if it's a mechanical gun imbalance which is being simulated here, or the gunner's physiology, of not being able to hold the gun steady after suddenly stopping. At any rate, it's awful. It makes it a lot harder to shoot down the bleeding attack aircraft as well.

I wish they'd fix the bloody invisible trees instead of screwing up everybody's aim.

Increasingly it feels to me as if I was unknowingly taking part in a psychiatriatric experiment, to add frustration at every update, and determine the player's breaking point. Mine is up soon.

• Upvote 2

On 10/12/2019 at 10:57 PM, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

i think you really drunk my friend , i have give it a try for one hour … the tower reaction has its one life … when my mouse go to the left , my tower turns right ..when i moved my mouse down , my tower goos left and up …..

Yes, it is realistic but not using mouse - since mouse doesn't have any neutral position you can easily find, when in real tank you simply stop rotating the cranks :)

That's new system is realistic but it is usable only with keyboard or joystick or encoders or crank replicas or everything except the pc mouse.

With mouse you are not able to reliably stop cranking in any chosen moment, you are overcompensating all the time and you are not able to aim efficiently. It is meant to operate with keyboard keys or yoystick like all pc tank sims to this day.👍 Not by mouse like WoT.

Edited by Bies
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, stupor-mundi said:

It's extremely irritating. I don't know if it's a mechanical gun imbalance which is being simulated here, or the gunner's physiology, of not being able to hold the gun steady after suddenly stopping.

This is however a realistic thing as most tanks in ww2 besides versions of shermans: didnt have stabilisators so when on the move or when stopping/acceleration the gun will move up and down, even more so in tanks which is aimed by the shoulder as some british tanks had in early war years. More modern tanks have stabilasator and computers to keep the gun level at all times when on the move, but that is not the case for ww2 tanks, hence most countries had the doctrine of: always have the tank at full stop when firing the gun, never on the move.

21 hours ago, stupor-mundi said:

It seems the new system is pretty much like what they had introduced with the 'new' T34's periscope. I guess now all the tanks, and all the sights, get a chance to 'enjoy' that 'feature'.

In normal, it seems they've added some useful yellow arrows, which unfortunately we don't get on the tank server.

Also it seems they's added more instability, when driving, and after coming to a stop. The guns swings stupidly. I think it's this new feature which Java Keben has described as 'drunk'.

It's extremely irritating. I don't know if it's a mechanical gun imbalance which is being simulated here, or the gunner's physiology, of not being able to hold the gun steady after suddenly stopping. At any rate, it's awful. It makes it a lot harder to shoot down the bleeding attack aircraft as well.

I wish they'd fix the bloody invisible trees instead of screwing up everybody's aim.

Increasingly it feels to me as if I was unknowingly taking part in a psychiatriatric experiment, to add frustration at every update, and determine the player's breaking point. Mine is up soon.

I think there are some real fustraded custumers ….. :angry::scratch_one-s_head::blink::excl::dash:

My job is solving technical problems and keep customers happy … i think there are a lot customers NOT happy … It might just to be wise to put some settings back so this feed doesn't cost too many costumers .

Sometimes it is smarter to first test something properly and then release it ……. 

This is real …..:dash:   sometimes it works , then it doesn't work ..sometimes the mouse is drunk ..sometimes not , sometimes my tower turn to the right ,,but with the same movemend it turns to the left …

Stupor has a real good point , fix the trees and dont screwing  up the aim .

I really don't understand some things , the aim worked almost perfect ..only the sherman has some troubles ( thats why i never take a sherman )  ..so lets make a update and make all the aim like the sherman  :dash::dash::dash::blink::dash::blink::dash:

That make the custumers happy  !   ( who whas drunk ? )

If it wasn't that annoying i would almost laugh about it ..

I have always been very happy with every update , the team make really beautifull things .

The game is for years and years my big favorit , but this update ….

Planes  and the new map ,,wooouuuww  a piece of art !

But TC …. what a mess ..( and it whas so good )  … i really dont understand this aim update .

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN
  • Upvote 1

There are some that seem to think this new aiming is more realistic,   but don't provide any factual basis  for it.

The gun elevation swimming around, while the turret is being traversed, is a total fabrication of Tank Crew designers, not reality.  The traverse, whether hand crank, electric, or hydraulic is

a completely separate function of the gun elevation ( all tanks manual )  Sherman had a half-a@@ attempt at vertical stabilization that never worked.

A turret that is moved by hand  will only allow a hunt ( term for turret movement past intended ),  past the target/ point of stop to the degree of lash that there happens to be in the gears.

No more than that is possible,  and the gear lash is minimal.  When the turret is being traversed, the gun elevation is not changing, that is a separate function,  in reality.

Turrets moved by electric motor.  I don't have any specs on this subject,  but, I do know that electric drive motors have had , for a very long time,  brakes that are always on.  When power is applied to move, the same power releases the brakes.  When power is cut, the springs force the brakes back on.  This would prevent the turret from swimming past the target.  Any turret on a quality bearing ring, that did not use a braking system  would coast for a very long time not just 20 or 30 degrees,  and trying to stop it with a manual handwheel would probably end up with broken hand, arm etc.

Hydraulic turret control.  Probably not many here that have sat in a Tiger, and seen how this works.  Well,   maybe more than a few of us have seen, or used  a hydraulic log splitter.

You start a motor/ Tank Engine.  You move a lever on a valve one way and the bit starts to extend and split the log.  Same with Turret Traverse.  When you let go of the manual valve, and it returns to center,  the splitter bit, on the end of the cylinder rod stops.  The same happens on a Tiger.   The amazing thing about these 2,  is that the speed is probably virtually  the same,  very slow.   This is nothing  like what we have in game, and to say what we have is realistic,  IMHO  is a very naive or foolish statement to make,  or just a gut feeling that is not backed by any real world experience.

I would start a poll if I knew how !   How many think that a tank that weighs  55?  tons or so, Tiger going down a road, down a hill, etc etc, no matter how muddy it is,   a tracked vehicle,  that turns too sharp one way,  could possibly, in any reality do a 270 ?     It never could, and it never did, and it never would,  but somehow, exactly this happens in game a lot of times.  So  the "physics" model,   needs to go back to 4th or 5th grade math and relearn all of the basics,    a fix the turret and gun elevation while you at it.   While you're at it, stop the ridiculous AC  looping as well,   just like the tanks,  but somewhat closer to reality .

I tried today the mission of WaNTRD, but I gave up, because I had this same behaviour, the turret turning completely uncontrollable.

The Tiger is in my experience the german tank, that has the most issue with the turret since the last update. The Panzer III and IV are playable, not good, but I can manage to aim with them. But for the Tiger the turning of the turret seems additionally accelerated. Plus in four tries I had two times maingun damage after one or two hits. 

I was the last week not at home, that was the reason, why I played TC, transporting my new notebook is less of an issue than transporting joystick, rudder pedals an throttle quadrant. But tomorrow I will travel back home and go on flying. TC currently is no fun to me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WaNTRD said:

a completely separate function of the gun elevation ( all tanks manual )  Sherman had a half-a@@ attempt at vertical stabilization that never worked

I know cheftain and other tankers who makes excellent videos on youtube about the sherman and just about that subject would disagree :P Yes a rumor says it didnt work and other claims but the problem was the training and use of it: It was so secret a lot of those instructors didnt tell the crews how to use it and they hence never used it properly and as you said reported it as: broken. Another unit who did get teached on it and used it properly had 80% faster hit on their targets than shermans without using it and those crews loved using it.

Regardless of whether or not the gun elevation stabilization worked on the Sherman is not relevant to the issue with aiming in any of the other tanks in the game.  In MP,  very rarely do you see anyone driving a Sherman.   In addition to that, none of the other tanks currently modeled in game had this feature, whether it worked or not.

Making all tanks aim like the Sherman was a lazy attempt at something,  I just think that not many here know exactly what that something was.   The turrets and guns in all of the other tanks are in no way a simulation, representation of reality,  so to argue the Sherman's gun stabilizer may or may not have worked is irrelevant to the topic of the rest of the AFV's currently in game at this point.

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

I tried today the mission of WaNTRD, but I gave up, because I had this same behaviour, the turret turning completely uncontrollable.

The Tiger is in my experience the german tank, that has the most issue with the turret since the last update. The Panzer III and IV are playable, not good, but I can manage to aim with them. But for the Tiger the turning of the turret seems additionally accelerated. Plus in four tries I had two times maingun damage after one or two hits. 

I

When the game has real issues that have been brought up :

1)T-34 Periscope control issue

2)Tiger main gun damage happening all to often

3) Tanks spinning out on a left or right turn, which is not possible, to the degree it occurs, given the weight of the vehicles, their slow speed,  and tracks

4) All tanks steering, using the same clutch braking that the T-34 and  PZIV used and earlier tanks.  The Tiger, and the Sherman both had double differential transmissions I believe, and lost alot less speed in a turn than tanks that actually used clutch braking. The Tiger and Sherman should be able to turn in place, without having to drag a track, but have the ability to reverse one.

5)The complete and utter useless gunnery of the Panzer IV, Stug III, and Jagdpanzer IV  as an AI vehicle.    I have yet to be able to run any kind of scenario, mission or test that either of these 3 can get hits with AP rounds.   That in and of itself is very strange when if you place AT guns, Russian or German on the map they hit with astonishing accuracy

6) The turret returning to Zero Degrees when you switch out of the gunners position.

7) Tanks and AT guns, AI controlled being able to fire through objects without an actual Line of Sight, say a small hill or rise, trees, etc.

8)Invisible trees and objects , causing damage to tanks that hit them.  Tanks getting engine, transmission and track damage when hitting any object at very slow speeds.

Instead of working on any of these above issues, and any that I have not mentioned, the aiming system for all tanks is screwed up so that the game  is a mess and many here are not wanting to play right now until this issue is corrected.   Apparently in the world of development some have not learned the axiom, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".     Now if one tank or another had to fast, or 2 slow a turret traverse, engine on or off, then that issue should be addressed.

Edited by WaNTRD
add
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WaNTRD said:

The turret returning to Zero Degrees when you switch out of the gunners position

You don't even have to switch out of the gunners position. It is not even possible to go out of gunsight view as gunner to look in which position the turret is. As soon as you leave the gunsight view, the turret turns back to 12.

3 hours ago, WaNTRD said:

5)The complete and utter useless gunnery of the Panzer IV, Stug III, and Jagdpanzer IV  as an AI vehicle.    I have yet to be able to run any kind of scenario, mission or test that either of these 3 can get hits with AP rounds

Not only that they rarely hit anything, when I was playing your mission yesterday, I saw some behaviour, that is quite common for friendly AI tanks. They sometimes simply ignore enemy and drive on passing it without being shot by the enemy, too. The second 🐅, in one of my attempts simply took a ride to Spas without shooting and the enemy didn't care.

• Like 1

I don't like mouse control in any of its variants. It's ok for aircraft gunners or radio MG, but it feels arcadish (ala WoT or WT) for a tank sim IMHO.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

I know cheftain and other tankers who makes excellent videos on youtube about the sherman and just about that subject would disagree :P Yes a rumor says it didnt work and other claims but the problem was the training and use of it: It was so secret a lot of those instructors didnt tell the crews how to use it and they hence never used it properly and as you said reported it as: broken. Another unit who did get teached on it and used it properly had 80% faster hit on their targets than shermans without using it and those crews loved using it.

i trained a lot with the sherman , but Always the same problems … sometimes direct , sometimes after a hour … ..that stupid tower that get a own live .

mouse to the left ..tower to the right …… mouse to the right ...tower to the right ,,but sudenly it turn back end get his own will  ( like my two daugthers   :blink: )

Now it's in al the tanks , mouse and tower dont work together  :dash:  it drives me crazy  :crazy: 

when you guys have trouble with turret does it go back to 12 o clock if so you may have press T by accident witch  will automatically bring gun make to this position. I was playing with  the sherman earlier hadn't have any trouble controlling  the turret. 

The turret returning to relative 12  has been an issue that has been mentioned.  If you switch to commander from the gun, turret goes to center.   That would be a welcome fix if it remained where it was left.  

The gun aiming system  is not an issue for al players.  However, in response to Lofte's poll above  @58%  of those answering say they do not like it  as opposed to 21.7% that say they do like it. Perhaps for the smaller percentage, it is not a problem.  The larger percentage  seems to have some issue with the way it is now compared to how it was before.  Now what specifically that means can be open to speculation  but it at least says that the majority  do not in some part agree with the 21.7 that like it

I play online with the new aiming already 1 month. What I want to say - it stll looks awful to me. I used to use it for fine aiming, but for fast traversing - absolutely no. Strange, uncomfortable, having-no-analog-IRL system. Sad.

Don't understand - why devs can not do such system - IMHO much adequate and understandable (sorry for English mistakes):

travers.jpg.f39b481c69618d975bc400e739b7539d.jpg

Edited by Lofte
  • Like 1

I'm use joystick buttons to fast rotate gun on target, and then mouse to precise aim - new system works fine for me.

NHK295M: which key do you assign to the joystick buttons? I thought we could only use mouse to aim cannon?

14 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

NHK295M: which key do you assign to the joystick buttons? I thought we could only use mouse to aim cannon?

This one:

Spoiler

5LmjfHa.png

screenshot

48 minutes ago, gabuzomeu said:

Got it,

many thanks

I use Cobra M5 for left hand, with 3-way switch, then i in air - turn mode 1 ("BVR" on joystick) then on ground turn 2 "NAV". If you joystick don't support modes - you buttons can influence to pilot then you in flight, just note that. I hope sometime developers complete divide flight and ground controls...

Also, i try to set joystick axis for that action - and it did't work, dunno why, only mouse or buttons.

I definitely do not want point and click.  However, with the new system it becomes almost impossible to control the turret at times, which is no more realistic than point and click.  The system is not bad but the implementation needs work.  As mentioned above, using keys would probably produce much better results.  Reducing sensitivity would help.  Keep the concept but refine the implementation.

O.k.... I'll finally  dare to come  out  from  behind  my rock: What is the new aiming system? I always aimed moving the mouse, and it still seems to work that way ... what changed?

1 hour ago, No.322_Nocke said:

What is the new aiming system?

Just try to traverse main gun from 3 to 9 o'clock. Do it as fast as if your life depends on it (as it was in reality).

|s everything fine? Yore turret moves exactly where it have to and where you want to? If not - now you've got the point)

1 hour ago, No.322_Nocke said:

O.k.... I'll finally  dare to come  out  from  behind  my rock: What is the new aiming system? I always aimed moving the mouse, and it still seems to work that way ... what changed?

Lol ..welcome to the world Nocke  😉 

The gunner ( mouse ) feels like a drunk player .. you move the mouse to the right ( a little to fast ) and the tower moves to the left . You try to elevate your gun and the response comes seconds later . You can make it a little playable to set tour mouse on 2 in the game , but even then … it's  almost onplayable in fast actions .

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

1 hour ago, Lofte said:

Just try to traverse main gun from 3 to 9 o'clock. Do it as fast as if your life depends on it (as it was in reality).

|s everything fine? Yore turret moves exactly where it have to and where you want to? If not - now you've got the point)

Please believe me that I am not trolling - but yes, all is fine, the turret moves as I would expect it to move. Not very fast. As expected, it is heavy. But I have to admit I have no idea how fast they rotated  in reality. 

Maybe it is about mouse acceleration,  and yours  is just too fast?

But what really makes me wonder about this entire thread is that I haven't  seen any change by the last update. For me all feels like always. Strange ...