Jaegermeister

New American and British voices

I haven't seen any comments on the new voices, but I have to tell everyone that I really really appreciate the new English voices.

I laid out a test mission and took off this morning. As I taxied down the runway, my very own voice called out that I was preparing for takeoff. I'm not going to tell which one, but a big thank you to the devs for making that happen! 😁   

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

wait so you did record the voices?

they are already active

25 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

As I taxied down the runway, my very own voice called out that I was preparing for takeoff...  

Likewise, and my squad mates just LOVE it.  Actually they don't, but that makes it even more enjoyable.  🤣

The implementation has been done really well too.

von Tom

Edited by von_Tom

I like the voices. One thing I did notice, though, is that they seem a bit on the quiet side. It is almost like they are whispering in my ear. This is in multiplayer that I noticed it, if that makes any difference.

1 hour ago, von_Tom said:

Likewise, and my squad mates just LOVE it.  Actually they don't, but that makes it even more enjoyable.  🤣

The implementation has been done really well too.

von Tom

i haven’t heard a yorkshire accent voice yet though, only home counties 🤡

Edited by TP_Tufty

1 hour ago, /SF/Disarray said:

I like the voices. One thing I did notice, though, is that they seem a bit on the quiet side. It is almost like they are whispering in my ear. This is in multiplayer that I noticed it, if that makes any difference.

Yeah, same here in single player. I was planning on messing with the volume adjustments this evening when I get home.

I'm personally just crushed that we don't have Canadian voices.

"Cleared for take off, eh!"
"Check your six you hoser!"
And they could even apologize when they get wounded. That's how you get real immersion.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

wait so you did record the voices?

That's yours truly calling from the control tower that you're cleared for takeoff. :) 

• Like 1

I like the voices a lot. The only thing I wish is that the American lend lease planes could use English voices and not Russian over the Rheinland map. I hope that we can get some radio commands like in IL-2 1946 and CloD in the final release of Bodenplatte.

53 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

That's yours truly calling from the control tower that you're cleared for takeoff. :) 

Haha, so you’re that guy... we could make a fun game out of trying to figure out who is who since we all recorded all the parts. I am fairly sure it gets mixed up according to what plane type you are in.

If I could change anything, that would.be the radio background noises. The new voices sound a bit too clear, like someone who's right there sitting by your side. The previous voices did sound more like actual radio (though I could easily live without that desperate TYPHOOOOOONNNN! from the german ground control).

• Upvote 2

There is a unique “ethertube” crackling distortion to WWII radio transmissions that is missing, but in this day and age of digital voice comms, it would probably sound a bit out of place.

2 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

There is a unique “ethertube” crackling distortion to WWII radio transmissions that is missing, but in this day and age of digital voice comms, it would probably sound a bit out of place.

I would have liked some kind of minor distortion in my own calls I'm doing, but beyond my knowledge/ability with Audacity.

It should sound out of place. The radio traffic shouldn’t sound like it’s coming from an HD radio... 

I ran mine through a few effects, but not quite what Jaeger is talking about.

I should also say the voice work is darn good. Nicely done by you all. 

I also just noticed the voices appear to be randomized. I just reflew the same mission I did this morning and the voices were different. They were the same voice for the ground control and the flight leader, so that might need to get addressed at some point down the road.

Maybe it was just Luke talking to himself in the tower!

😳

3 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

Maybe it was just Luke talking to himself in the tower!

😳

😄😄😄

Kudos to all involved with doing the voices. I know the comms system is limited but everyone did a great job of making the best of it!

• Upvote 1