MaksimSavelev

The need for Force Feedback

Hello everyone!

I just recently finished my video, where I'm trying to pay everyone's attention to a problem of lack of force feedback devices in our days.

I had special guests in this clip, ILya "UIV" the head of VKBcontrollers and Andrey Solomykin "An. Petrovich" the leading engineer-programmer of "IL2-Sturmovik"

Hope someone will find this video interesting or/and will share his own thoughts on this topic.

Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

" Max, I'm going to make a joystick, could you please let me out of here! "

What a great, interesting video.  Thank you for posting.:salute:

Next time you see him tell Ilya I want to buy a new force feed back stick! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really hope the FFB Market will grow.

I cant imagine flying without FFB. Its just like when you play a race game with a steering wheel, try to disable the FFB and see if you have fun. The same goes for flying, at least our warbirds. For modern Jets there is no need for FFB.

To get full immersion= FFb Joystick, Jetseat and VR.

The quality of the FFb effects is another thing but at least there is something and the stick stiffens and get loose.

I whish the developer would work on the FFb effects even right now there is no real market for this.

I even would send them a MSFFB2 or a g940 if they dont own one :)

• Thanks 1

Thank you for this video! This was a great idea.

Let's hope that you have convinced VKB enough to develop this FFB idea,  the market will be bigger as maybe some people think. Combined with the JetSeat it would give us so much more immersion.

But..., this will also require some development at the software side... :huh:

The waiting has begun.:coffee:

• Thanks 1

Good FFB stick needs to happen, rather sooner than later. I'd be willing to pay  up to 300, maybe even 400€ for a decent quality device and that's pretty much the max I'd go. I have paid so much money for this hobby that the scale between enjoyment and frustration has been tilting dangerously towards the latter lately. This is one thing I'd like to point out, consumer friendliness > aesthetics.

• Like 1

A FFB stick with the quality/mechanics of actual VKB and VirPil 'high end" sticks made by then will cost twice this value.

For have a 300-400€ FFB stick is need be mass produced by conventional brands, and no one deserve another "G-940". 😜

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have 2 MSFFB2, 

1 spare in case the other breaks.

I couldn't be without them............

In Il2 46 they used to really start to shake right 'on the stall' which was a great help.

I would certainly pay £300-400 for a more up to date version.

• Like 1