Does anyone know how to turn the compressor on high in p51 ??? I know it will switch automatically but I can't do it manually😓😓😓

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, NORD80 said:

Does anyone know how to turn the compressor on high in p51 ??? I know it will switch automatically but I can't do it manually😓😓😓

Unfortunately I do not know but here we are talking on a completely different topic!

On 10/8/2019 at 1:09 AM, JonRedcorn said:

Managed to fix the stuttering by updating to latest Nvidia driver and deleting the startup.cfg file in the game folders, seems the file was corrupted or something, in game vsync was not working, was locking my framerate at 75 even though my refresh rate is at 60hz. So figured I'd delete that and everything is perfectly smooth again. Was about to nuke the game and reinstall it, glad that worked.

I did according to your recommendations and tested in the evening on the KOTA, despite the rather weak computer compared to some of you (i5-2400 3.10GHz, GTX 1050 2GB, 8GB RAM-1333) the game created for me "cfg" with high settings, which I left them a bit modifying. On the server, there was rather no stuttering as before, sometimes it was slightly cut, but this is due to the high graphics settings that I never use (I use medium). I still have to test in the mission singles with a large number of aircraft in one group fight. Thanks John!

Edited by 8ELT_Grzesiek

Nice try. But for me, unfortunately, deleting this file did nothing. I have 100fps on max settings and the smoothness of the game would add up to shit. Let the depths of this game get to work because I'm already shaggy ass😂😂😂😂😂

SOLVED PROBLEM
Hello friends, I managed to finish with the STUTTERS, lowering the graphics, I believe that after this new update something changed and the game became heavy.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-09 at 14.20.53.jpeg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

SOLVED PROBLEM
Hello friends, I managed to finish with the STUTTERS, lowering the graphics, I believe that after this new update something changed and the game became heavy.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-09 at 14.20.53.jpeg

How does it look on low ?

Most of our Squad started getting stutters after release of Arras map for FC. Even guys with fast Intel systems using high refresh GSync/FreeSync monitors.

Prior to 3.201 and Arras map i could get 110-140fps in FC and almost stutter-free, now with same settings its 80-100fps and bad stutters on cloudy maps with more than 5 planes nearby.

Found a solution that worked, however it does neuter higher refresh variable fps. (Thanks @1PL_Husar)

1. Fullscreen on

2. Target FPS = 80

3. Dynamic Res Factor = 0.7

Eliminated all stuttering but 80 fps is a bit meh when you're used to 100+. Thats with Ultra settings, plus 4k textures and max clouds. But Horizon at 100km and other distance settings moderate.

Next step to start pushing higher FPS/DRF to find quality vs stutter balance point.

Ended up with:

1. Fullscreen On

2. Target FPS = 100

3. DRF = 0.8

Can strongly suggest trying the above approach but ymmv. I don't like that the game doesn't allow me to make best use of vari-rate FPS (no probs in RoF btw), but trust devs will optimize over time.

System:

CPU: Ryzen R5 2600

GPU: GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB @3200mhz Cas14

Monitor: LG32GK850-G

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Most of our Squad started getting stutters after release of Arras map for FC. Even guys with fast Intel systems using high refresh GSync/FreeSync monitors.

Prior to 3.201 and Arras map i could get 110-140fps in FC and almost stutter-free, now with same settings its 80-100fps and bad stutters on cloudy maps with more than 5 planes nearby.

Found a solution that worked, however it does neuter higher refresh variable fps.

1. Fullscreen on

2. Target FPS = 80

3. Dynamic Res Factor = 0.7

Eliminated all stuttering but 80 fps is a bit meh when you're used to 100+. Thats with Ultra settings, plus 4k textures and max clouds. But Horizon at 100km and other distance settings moderate.

Next step to start pushing higher FPS/DRF to find quality vs stutter balance point.

Ended up with:

1. Fullscreen On

2. Target FPS = 100

3. DRF = 0.8

Can strongly suggest trying the above approach but ymmv. I don't like that the game doesn't allow me to make best use of vari-rate FPS (no probs in RoF btw), but trust devs will optimize over time.

System:

CPU: Ryzen R5 2600

GPU: GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB @3200mhz Cas14

Monitor: LG32GK850-G

Thanks, for me,  "Fullscreen On + Target FPS = 100 + DRF = 0.8" is very effective.
but I still don't understand why clouds became a fps killing machine after v3.201.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deleting startup.cfg didnt solve the problem for me. I used to have Full screen off, Vsync On (application controled in nvidia control panel) and 4k textures ON as per Jason`s advice post on forum (last time we have stuttersgate). So I will change some video settings (Vsync fast forced from Nvidia CP) but Im not sure if it will help. But I doubt it has anything with our (mostly medium to high) PCs. Its the poorly optimizied engine and netcode. Lets be honest.

BTW, this topic is closely related to my topic. You can find some good advices there and you can try them also.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

now it is playable for me, my pc i7 3770k 16ram and one gtx970 4gb

So now this game need better hardware than DCS and that is even without VR for which you need to invest a fortune into the PC which will run it decently. That is poor optimizaton right there.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Like 1

IIRC when DCS2.5 released last year, also had poorly performance, all we can do is keep calm and have patience.

Had stutters after patch, my res 3440x1440, after fiew adjustment (reducing draw distance) capping fps @80 whit full screen I have again smooth gameplay :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately you are right that the game is hopelessly optimized. I use i59600k and rtx 2070super and playing as if I had 10fps at times. So investing in a new computer will not solve the problem. I'm not interested in playing on low settings. I like how the game looks good and I enjoy it. So I suggest let developers finally get to work and fix it because it loses players.

I use gsync/freesync. I have the following settings- Ingame vsync off, fps 144 and in Nvidia control Panel vsync fast. Run smooth for me.

• Thanks 1

Seems like nobody upgraded their drivers that's still complaining about stutters, newest drivers, deletion of startup.cfg literally went from unplayable to completely smooth again. All on max settings, specs in my signature.

• Like 1

Anyone else have corn row clouds down low after update. I've had the stutters since I bought my new machine but that's because of the RTX 2070 I'm running. In case anyone is contemplating buying an RTX anything, don't.

1 hour ago, JonRedcorn said:

Seems like nobody upgraded their drivers that's still complaining about stutters, newest drivers, deletion of startup.cfg literally went from unplayable to completely smooth again. All on max settings, specs in my signature.

You assume wrong. Some of us tried that already and didnt help. Reducing draw distance and turning of 4k textures fixed for me but I need to test more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

There was a problem with how our Vsync worked (caused bad stutters in some situations) and we changed it. Some of you have not adapted your settings to it I think. I suggest you guys run in-game Vsync On, Full Screen On and FPS limited to your monitor's native refresh. That's what I did on my 1070 laptop (120hz) and what we tested in the office and frames are good and quite smooth with occasional hiccup.

About cities popping up, we explained this in the big update. Unavoidable if you want cities drawn far out. Try turning it off if you don't like it.

To push the graphical limits of our engine you're gonna run into such issues eventually. Try different settings and start low and work your way up to find that sweet spot. Not all machines can run our graphics on Max. Please be aware of that. Its why we have different settings.  You;ll be surprised how little a visual difference there is between some of our Max settings and less demanding settings. You're eyes will probably not notice.

Also may want to make sure your PC power is Maximum and vid card performance is on Maximum. This should also get you a few frames more. I don't recommend overclocking much if at all.  

Jason

Hello Jason, thank you for your attention, unfortunately I have tried all the options, my computer is an i7 3370k, 16 ram and a GTX970, before this major update the game runs almost fully at full 60fps, now after the update I see no fall of frames, but very micro freezes especially when moving the head, this bothers a lot, and gets worse flying online hopefully the team will resolve as soon as possible.
Salute from Brazil.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

Hello Jason, thank you for your attention, unfortunately I have tried all the options, my computer is an i7 3370k, 16 ram and a GTX970, before this major update the game runs almost fully at full 60fps, now after the update I see no fall of frames, but very micro freezes especially when moving the head, this bothers a lot, and gets worse flying online hopefully the team will resolve as soon as possible.
Salute from Brazil.

Germanwolf, I have a very similar system to you and I have the same problem. (High frame rate and stuttering despite following Jason's advice) I am thinking it's a CPU load issue, as when I for example play career with dense frontline activity. I consistently get slowdowns despite high frame rate. I find reducing the horizon draw distance helps a lot. 

I of course hope the game can continue to be optimised but I recognise that may not be possible so I may have to continue with 'operation convince my wife to let me buy a new computer'

Edited by 71st_AH_Barnacles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am in the same boat.  I get planes ghosting even at very high VR frame rates.  I have spent ten hours trying different mods and settings.  I can run VR career missions at 80-90 frames but still have planes blurring and ghosting.  This did not happen before the update.

2 hours ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Germanwolf, I have a very similar system to you and I have the same problem. (High frame rate and stuttering despite following Jason's advice) I am thinking it's a CPU load issue, as when I for example play career with dense frontline activity. I consistently get slowdowns despite high frame rate. I find reducing the horizon draw distance helps a lot. 

I of course hope the game can continue to be optimised but I recognise that may not be possible so I may have to continue with 'operation convince my wife to let me buy a new computer'

I already tried everything, I am installing the game again to see the results, 3 days to complete because it is only 200kb / s
sad ...

• Sad 1

Salutations,

It may not apply to your situation but I have improved download speeds 100-200 kbs to over 3 Mbs by unplugging my router for a few seconds and plugging it back in. Doing this apparently resets my internet speeds.

My ISP is Spectrum. Good luck. :coffee:

Edited by Thad
  • Like 1

I experience this too. I play on laptop and I used to have constant 60 FPS. The day the update came up, I played for few hours with new planes on new map and I had constant 60 FPS and no stuters. Went to sleep, next day to work and when I came back and started flying, I had app. 37 FPS and constant stuters. Thsi makes the game almost unplayable.

I wonder what caused it since first day after the update everything runned smoothly as before.

I hope it gets fixed.

13 minutes ago, maros295 said:

I experience this too. I play on laptop and I used to have constant 60 FPS. The day the update came up, I played for few hours with new planes on new map and I had constant 60 FPS and no stuters. Went to sleep, next day to work and when I came back and started flying, I had app. 37 FPS and constant stuters. Thsi makes the game almost unplayable.

I wonder what caused it since first day after the update everything runned smoothly as before.

I hope it gets fixed.

Yep, first day of the big patch was great.  I think my frames per second were initially better and with no stuttering.  It was the hot fixes that made everything worse than pre big-patch performance.  

1 hour ago, cmorris975 said:

Yep, first day of the big patch was great.  I think my frames per second were initially better and with no stuttering.  It was the hot fixes that made everything worse than pre big-patch performance.  

Thanks, I wasnt aware of the hotfixes. This means there is some hope for the fix. Great!

I tried to play this game. But unfortunately stuters prevented me from doing so. Although I have 100fps, the game is still broken and negative. I can't imagine such a situation in War Thunder or World of Tanks, for example, with developers taking such a long time to fix it. Especially that the game is not free and you have to pay. So pay, we hope that the game will work. Unfortunately, IL2 developers do not respect players' time. But it's no wonder considering the level of this studio. All this situation is disgusting and I hope I get a refund for the last purchased BATTLE OF BODENPLATTE.

Best Regards

NORD

OK last night I did some more testing on KOTA (75 players) and Combatbox (65 players). I had (still, after changing settings) very smooth gameplay. All I did was setting landscape horizon distance from 100 to 70km and turning off 4k textures (but I think horizon setting did the trick). I have in game Vsync ON, Full Screen OFF, FPS limit OFF, medium shadows and no SSAO and HDR. Im using ed traker pro (no VR). I hope it will stay like that.

I wonder what they do with their engine every time one big update occurs. Very often its introduces microstutters.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I have a 7700K @ 4,8 ghz, RTX 2080 and 32 gb of ram and was getting stuttering with the new patch (before it was perfect). I've read around that capping the FPS at 80 will do the trick and it really did, I don't have stuttering anymore. However, I have a 144 hz screen and I am not taking advantage of it in IL2 now so despite the 80 fps cap did the trick, I think that there are things to be fixed by the devs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NORD80 said:

I tried to play this game. But unfortunately stuters prevented me from doing so. Although I have 100fps, the game is still broken and negative. I can't imagine such a situation in War Thunder or World of Tanks, for example, with developers taking such a long time to fix it. Especially that the game is not free and you have to pay. So pay, we hope that the game will work. Unfortunately, IL2 developers do not respect players' time. But it's no wonder considering the level of this studio. All this situation is disgusting and I hope I get a refund for the last purchased BATTLE OF BODENPLATTE.

Best Regards

NORD

Hey Mister,

I think you are quite new to this game, so you need some more experience I think. And that said, you also need patience and the willingness to try some refinement of your settings.

And stop comparing "our" flight sim with WT or WOT! It's completely different!

But maybe you are not an eager person who's interested in trying different settings and find some compromise - maybe you're one of those young generation who want it all and

now! And btw. I can't take persons serious who always try to threaten the dev team by "refund"! Can't stand this word! Typical Zalando generation bad habit - order 100 pair of shoes

and sending them all back without trying them - and all for free! Instead of thinking before ordering!

You have made 17 posts of which almost all are very negative. So, if you don't find any solution to your problem (I'm talking about the problem with the game), maybe it would

be good for all of us and you to give us some detailed info about your system, your setting and graphic settings of the game. Maybe someone is willing to help you - I would.

But it all depends on you and your expectations you have for this game. OK? Thanks.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I tried to play on the lower settings. Unfortunately, what combination of settings would I not set I still have jam, i.e. stutters. I wrote to the IL2 saport, but they don't see the problem and pretend not to know what's going on. I sent them a link from the forum to read that there is such a problem in this game. I don't need to play this game, but since I have paid 150 EURO, I have the right to demand some quality. So the minimum that I would like to have this game should be smooth, considering the fact that I play i5 9800k and RTX2070S. The game DCS I mean at 100fps even smoothly like a gran inline. I see that you are staring at the IL2 studio and no matter how bad the game is. I am just saying that the game at this stage is broken and for me it is unplayable by stutters.

Hi NORD80, try to set it to "borderless" instead of fullscreen (I know, doesn't make much sense, but bear with me). 
Also, even having a good hw, try to cap your FPS around 80 or something (any number that gives plenty room to your gfx). 
I'm running on an old 3570K @4.4Ghz and GFX1080 (2560x1080). Before the changes above, I was having stutters, but now (capped at 60 fps) it is smooth as silk. 
Inside de game, I have everything on max/ultra, except for shadows on high (this can be tried on your end, too).

If you can't get rid of stutters with these settings, try to check if you have something else running along the game (UI overlays, background programs, etc) which can be impacting your experience negatively. 
Cheers.

• Like 1

something is wrong everyone felt this considerable drop in FPS, we have to ask the developers for urgent help

1 hour ago, NORD80 said:

I tried to play on the lower settings. Unfortunately, what combination of settings would I not set I still have jam, i.e. stutters. I wrote to the IL2 saport, but they don't see the problem and pretend not to know what's going on. I sent them a link from the forum to read that there is such a problem in this game. I don't need to play this game, but since I have paid 150 EURO, I have the right to demand some quality. So the minimum that I would like to have this game should be smooth, considering the fact that I play i5 9800k and RTX2070S. The game DCS I mean at 100fps even smoothly like a gran inline. I see that you are staring at the IL2 studio and no matter how bad the game is. I am just saying that the game at this stage is broken and for me it is unplayable by stutters.

instead of giving us a promising answer, they ignore us ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NORD80 said:

I see that you are staring at the IL2 studio and no matter how bad the game is. I am just saying that the game at this stage is broken and for me it is unplayable by stutters.

Oh no, I'm definitely not a fanboy nor am I staring at IL2 studio... I too have some complaints, but at least I also try to help myself in finding some tweaks to make this

game bearable until they hopefully will publish another good fix. That being said, I also want to share my findings, if it helps others - like you for example!

Yes, and I still wait for a reasonable answer too...

I told you. Try to lower the horizon distance and 4K textures (but horizon is more important), Vsync ON in game and NO fullscreen (you must set the native resolution of your monitor), SSAO OFF. In nvidia control panel set Vsync to "use the 3D application setting" and Power management mode to "best performance". And always restart the windows before playing IL2.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NORD80 said:

Something is obviously wrong on your end, I fixed my stutters, and many others are playing online right now just fine. So the games not broken. That's a fact. I would try making sure my drivers are up to date, nvidia control panel settings aren't set to something not from default, reinstall the game. If you can't attempt basic trouble shooting than that's your problem. I was also getting a high framerate and unplayable stutters even though the high FPS, I had to lock the framerate to 60 fps, I also updated my drivers and deleted the startup.cfg, I now am running at a locked 75 fps with my refresh rate at 75hz. Game is completely smooth with maxed out settings. The game works. You just need to figure out why it's not for you. Whining and making threats is not going to help you get anywhere.