On 10/3/2019 at 2:44 PM, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

After this new update, we are suffering from minor freezes, will we have a FIX to improve?

Does anyone have an idea what this might be?

Only online on servers with clouds, not saying smooth though without clouds but....

Does anyone know when the developers will fix this problem because I will crash it into the trash. Not to mention that they should go to work to improve the game, otherwise IL2 will soon fall.

Best Regards to All Virtual Pilots

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NORD80 said:

Does anyone know when the developers will fix this problem because I will crash it into the trash. Not to mention that they should go to work to improve the game, otherwise IL2 will soon fall.

Best Regards to All Virtual Pilots

Good grief. Grow up. 

Those of us that have been here for any length of time know that the developers have been continually working to improve, perfect and expand the game. 

Also I think making threats to trash your copy of the game is childish and does nothing but display said childishness.  😕

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Say what you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the product I paid for doesn't work.

Best Regards

Nord

Can you imagine this problem occurs in WoT or WT? I think the problem would be solved the next day?

• Like 1

For what it's worth: 

I set up a QMB over Eindhoven.  Yak-1 .69 vs 4 He-111 H6.  Weather:  Clear.  Settings: Ultra.  

The only time I saw the game stutter,  and it did it almost every time was when the AI gunners activated.  After they opened fire though, the game ran smoothly again until I broke off and re-engaged.  Once they reactivated, the game would hang for a millisecond or two then return to normal.  

Posted (edited)

The online stuttering is god awful, tried in game vsync, nvidia vsync, fast sync, everything. It's not even playable right now, my system isn't exactly middle of the road. Frame rate is perfectly fine, I just can't look around or anything without constant stuttering, worst I've ever seen it.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Posted (edited)

I first have to say I don’t have a lot of time with the update but so far it runs smoothly at 60 FPS constantly,  ingame vsynch on in SP. Settings are ultra with distant buildings on. Did a few 8 on 8 in the P51D near Brussels and I’d swear it runs better than before the update. The only stutter was when I flew rooftop high over Brussels and there it did have some short stutters as I crossed the city. At higher up all was smooth as I flew over the city. 

Still very early for me but so far it has run great. 

Edited by TheSNAFU

It's true that there also was a large Windws update that released at the same time as the hotfix. I am pretty sure I wasn't getting the MP stutter initially. So now I am not sure whether it's actually IL-2 or maybe the Windows update.

• Upvote 1

I have much less online stuttering now, after the 3.201c. Not surprisingly, biggest problem is the WoL. I think they should update their missions or server or something.

3 hours ago, enyak said:

It's true that there also was a large Windws update that released at the same time as the hotfix. I am pretty sure I wasn't getting the MP stutter initially. So now I am not sure whether it's actually IL-2 or maybe the Windows update.

I haven't applied recent windows updates, and I saw significant increase in stutters since the large recent IL2 update.

I hate to say it but, the new map may have to be made so that the mission builders can "cut out" a smaller area of the overall map and simply not have anything outside of the play area "focus zone" load in or be on-call.   It seems the whole map running at one time is pushing the server(s) a bit too hard.  

12 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

The online stuttering is god awful, tried in game vsync, nvidia vsync, fast sync, everything. It's not even playable right now, my system isn't exactly middle of the road. Frame rate is perfectly fine, I just can't look around or anything without constant stuttering, worst I've ever seen it.

What helped me get it playable was turn on game mode  in windows Xbox thingy

ingame full screen on,vsync on, 4K textures on,

put everything on balanced 

then adjust clouds,distant scenery the until it doesn’t become playable 

with my settings I was getting minimal stutters on combat box last night .

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

My stutters are gone -capped fps at 80, full screen and low latency in Nvidia panel. 

I can confirm that setting 80-Hz limit in game on my max-60-Hz monitor improved smoothness.

However the game is far from smooth when looking at the new BOBP cities because they load and pop into view in segments as you look at them. The game's code needs optimization so all objects load in wide radius BEFORE you look at them. 16GB or 32GB memory should be more than enough to accommodate that. I hope the devs are working on it.

I have a TrackIR, 1080Ti, 16MB RAM, 4K non-G-Sync monitor and i3-8350K at 4.2Mhz.

Here are my other relevant settings for max smoothness:

settings_1.thumb.jpg.155b32774560781064dc0c853b657fee.jpgsettings_2.thumb.jpg.c9579e20e806e63710681a93f71d96fb.jpg

Edited by WheelwrightPL
changed Mhz to Hz
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

I can confirm that setting 80-Mhz limit in game on my max-60-Mhz monitor improved smoothness.

However the game is far from smooth when looking at the new BOBP cities because they load and pop into view in segments as you look at them. The game's code needs optimization so all objects load in wide radius BEFORE you look at them. 16GB or 32GB memory should be more than enough to accommodate that. I hope the devs are working on it.

I have a TrackIR, 1080Ti, 16MB RAM, 4K non-G-Sync monitor and i3-8350K at 4.2Mhz.

Here are my other relevant settings for max smoothness:

settings_1.thumb.jpg.155b32774560781064dc0c853b657fee.jpgsettings_2.thumb.jpg.c9579e20e806e63710681a93f71d96fb.jpg

Do you think Setting low latency to ultra helps bud 

Guys,

There was a problem with how our Vsync worked (caused bad stutters in some situations) and we changed it. Some of you have not adapted your settings to it I think. I suggest you guys run in-game Vsync On, Full Screen On and FPS limited to your monitor's native refresh. That's what I did on my 1070 laptop (120hz) and what we tested in the office and frames are good and quite smooth with occasional hiccup.

About cities popping up, we explained this in the big update. Unavoidable if you want cities drawn far out. Try turning it off if you don't like it.

To push the graphical limits of our engine you're gonna run into such issues eventually. Try different settings and start low and work your way up to find that sweet spot. Not all machines can run our graphics on Max. Please be aware of that. Its why we have different settings.  You;ll be surprised how little a visual difference there is between some of our Max settings and less demanding settings. You're eyes will probably not notice.

Also may want to make sure your PC power is Maximum and vid card performance is on Maximum. This should also get you a few frames more. I don't recommend overclocking much if at all.  

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Thank you for recognizing that there was a problem.  Many times other posters will try to blame the users simply because they don't have problems.  We all have different cpus, gpus, moniters and settings.  Has to be a hard job making things work across the board.  Got mine working buttery smooth.  Not changing anything unless there is another patch that screws things up.  😉

It may also be important to note that most people are running Intels. I'm on AMD Ryzen 3700X with no issues. Or at least, no issues not related to the server. 

S!

Running a system as in signature. No real issues except occasional stutter if I look for it. I do not have VSync on in game and run full screen. But good tips from dev, should help those who run into problems.

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

There was a problem with how our Vsync worked (caused bad stutters in some situations) and we changed it. Some of you have not adapted your settings to it I think. I suggest you guys run in-game Vsync On, Full Screen On and FPS limited to your monitor's native refresh. That's what I did on my 1070 laptop (120hz) and what we tested in the office and frames are good and quite smooth with occasional hiccup.

About cities popping up, we explained this in the big update. Unavoidable if you want cities drawn far out. Try turning it off if you don't like it.

To push the graphical limits of our engine you're gonna run into such issues eventually. Try different settings and start low and work your way up to find that sweet spot. Not all machines can run our graphics on Max. Please be aware of that. Its why we have different settings.  You;ll be surprised how little a visual difference there is between some of our Max settings and less demanding settings. You're eyes will probably not notice.

Also may want to make sure your PC power is Maximum and vid card performance is on Maximum. This should also get you a few frames more. I don't recommend overclocking much if at all.  

Jason

The game runs fine offline, 150+ FPS, go online and it's stutter central, with any combination of Vsync, in game, nvidia control panel controlled, Fast sync, all of it. It does nothing..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Thanks Jason turned on full screen last night and what a difference! Played it for about 4 hours straight ( wife was away at a friends hah) quick question about 4K textures will that still help as in the old guide for smoothness or not? 

thanks LP 

Posted (edited)

Jason, I have 3 questions:

1) Can the terrain generation (which causes buildings to pop-up) be moved to a separate thread, so it doesn't freeze or slowdown the game ? Or, if not, could it be more pre-emptive so the buildings load within a certain radius BEFORE you look at them ?

2) Would re-installing the game improve speed at which buildings are popping-up ? (I mean even without "distant buildings" option turned on). I currently have SSD with 3400MB/s read rate (which is state-of-the-art), but I don't feel it loads assets nowhere fast enough, so would re-installing the game help ?

3) Would adding 16GB to my existing 16GB cause performance improvement, as well ?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by WheelwrightPL

14 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Txs Jason

Adjusting vsync is not an option in VR, it's inherently on.

My reprojection has increased significantly. I used to see my current settings reach bouncing close to 90fps with some reprojection down to 45. I would never go sub 45.

Now I'm seeing that ingame fps counter frequently and consistenly stay sub 45. I don't have distant buildings enabled and it still stuttered. Surely just a few long range dots and the odd contrail hasn't slashed fps this significantly? It's not just the new map either.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Thank you! I had been running Il-2 in windowed mode since Kuban's release since that was in the 'guide to graphics smoothness' you posted back then. I know you are all busy, but do you think that guide could be updated with this new info so we have a central pinned location to find this info for new or returning players?

1 hour ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Adjusting vsync is not an option in VR, it's inherently on.

My reprojection has increased significantly. I used to see my current settings reach bouncing close to 90fps with some reprojection down to 45. I would never go sub 45.

Now I'm seeing that ingame fps counter frequently and consistenly stay sub 45. I don't have distant buildings enabled and it still stuttered. Surely just a few long range dots and the odd contrail hasn't slashed fps this significantly? It's not just the new map either.

This is my experience as well.  What can we do to fix the VR frame rate loss and reprojection that came with the last patches?  I used to have no reprojection at all prior to the last patches and my frame rate was also a little bit higher.  

Posted (edited)

Jason recommend Vsync for a smoother gameplay, but did i use it even i"ve not experienced screen tearings...?...by the past i've never used it

Edited by Swing

19 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Jason

Well,I have some Vsync issues as well.

Some of the last patches broke the Windowed mode /win10 Vsync mode. (I call it so)

The situation as follows: Il-2 had the abillity to untick the fullcreen option (and ingame vsync as well) and with it, like all my other games did, I let Windows 10 do the Vsync job. This saves me a lot of FPS issues, lags, Spikes etc. My system is not an high end one and I only own a 60Hz monitor. The ingame Vsync as well as the ATI Vsync option have a too hard impact on my poor rig.

So, the question is could it be possible to bring back a working windowed mode in Il-2 again?

The weird thing for me is that I get ghosting of planes even at a steady 88 FPS in VR.  It used to only happen if I was pushing the graphics too hard and my frame rate was around 35-45.  Why would it happen at 88-90 all of a sudden?

• Like 1

Managed to fix the stuttering by updating to latest Nvidia driver and deleting the startup.cfg file in the game folders, seems the file was corrupted or something, in game vsync was not working, was locking my framerate at 75 even though my refresh rate is at 60hz. So figured I'd delete that and everything is perfectly smooth again. Was about to nuke the game and reinstall it, glad that worked.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Will somebody tell me why these idiots from IL2 studio can not fix it????. You can't play this game. I warn everyone before buying this shit

Edited by NORD80
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

calm down and read the sticky at the top of the update discussion thread

I did tests here, only in online mode happens, and tested numerous settings, offline is smooth, online is horrible, anyone have any tips?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

I did tests here, only in online mode happens, and tested numerous settings, offline is smooth, online is horrible, anyone have any tips?

Did you try what I posted? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

Did you try what I posted? 

blimey, this worked. MASSIVE gain (regain) in FPS after deleting/refreshing the startup.cfg file. Cheers bro 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullets said:

blimey, this worked. MASSIVE gain (regain) in FPS after deleting/refreshing the startup.cfg file. Cheers bro 

will i lose all my settings?

23 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

You will have to re-enter your username info in the log-in screen and re-enter your graphics settings.  You'll have to reset your sound options and check the settings where you can choose to have tech chat on or off. I think if you have things like "Red = USSR" setting for icons and map, you'll have to set it.   

It shouldn't effect key bindings or if you have custom head positions in the cockpit set for planes.  

39 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

Keybinds wont be effected, just graphics and general settings. Worth it if it works.

Just make a copy and then delete the CFG in game folder restart and then you can look at both config files to see what is different.

you can then reset the new one by changing 1 and 0 in the graffic's and sound lines of the cfg if you want.