Jump to content
=VARP=Tvrdi

Guys with medium rigs - performance after update 3.201

Recommended Posts

Hi all, few of my squadmates whos got medium rigs reported a massive decrease in perfomrance after the new update 3.201. How it is with others? Also (this concerns every body) I noticed that in full zoom in view Im actually having harder time to see enemy planes than in zoom out (full wide) view....thats strange. I wonder why they didnt went with less distance (still 2-3X better than before patch) so it doesnt have such a strong impact on the rigs with less power.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have eave worse problems.So meany glitches and sometimes my cockpit is completely black or just gone,i can see through it.

i have Nvidia Geforce 1050-2gb and 8g ram and until now game work on balance to high settings with no problem 40-60fps all the time.

 

jebo mamu,udri po sirotinji...🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ruining GTX970 with Gsync monitor and after the patch cant get rid of those stutters in multiplayer. However, with ingame Vsync OFF its just barely flyable on Combat Box only, FPS counter shows 60 and above but stutters and makes it unplayable. Any solutions?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too. After New patch I can't get rid of this stutters on multiplayer. I was talking to other players and they have different situations. Some of them doesn't have stutters, and others have it. There's no difference between ultra settings and low. Some have stutters on rtx 2080 graphic cards, some playing smooth at gtx 960.

Its a very strange thing. It seems hardware has nothing to do with this problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a Radeon Rx 580 8gb and I don't drop below 60 anymore, haven't seen any stuttering at all either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update, so there is another guy with med rig reporting hes ok with performance. So its another "stutters after big update" case......but random ofcourse (some players affected some not), like every single time....

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, stutters in myltiplayer here as well, offline much better, investigating presently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really interesting as it happens randomly (user wise) and it happens almost always after big update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From our squadron, people with even very good rigs have 60-70 FPS drops.
Me too. Arrow asked around, YT-ers like Sheriff experienced the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, =EXPEND=Capt_Yorkshire said:

Same  single player seems really smooth but multiplayer is very choppy and i can't fly like that .   i have a 1060 and an intel i5 4690  @ 3.5 

 

According Storebro Mike i have a Zombie, i7 920, with an ASUS AMD R7 360 OC 2GB. IMO the graphics seem less smooth as before with Rheinland. But i can still play in SP with a little stuttering occasionally. Before the update all seemed quite better IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK this reduced smothnes happens regardles of your hardware, you can have RTX 2080 and i7  amd 32GB RAM and stil get this. Real problem is that the devs think you can buy hardware that can play this game fluid in multiplayer in the current state. With this mindset I doubt we get the performance in multi we all expect. I wonder if they ()devs) even play their own game or compare the difference of single vs multi performance. Its just sad I bought this game in 2013 and didnt play it until late 2017 where it become somewhat playable now it looks like I gonna wait another 3 years :D   

 

------------------------------------

 

Облака всегда съедали производительность сильно, они очень ресурсоёмки, просто пока у вас FPS большой - это было не так заметно.

Сейчас же мы увеличили дальность видимости строений на картах, плюс новые карты по контенту тоже очень требовательны к ресурсам, потому что контент там существенно жирнее. Поэтому производительность и упала. Это закономерно. Никакие красоты не даются бесплатно, на всё уходит видеопамять, оперативка, и процессорное время.

Наш лид.прог постоянно работает над оптимизацией, например по тем же облакам сейчас в том числе тоже продолжается работа.

Пользователям же, у кого упала производительность, можно в этой ситуации посоветовать или понижать настройки графики, или если с пониженными настройками не устраивает качество картинки - то стоит задуматься над апгрейдом. Мы действительно стараемся выжать из ПК всё, что можно. Но когда в городе >15 млн. полигонов - то тут уже выжимай не выжимай...

 

 

Clouds have always eaten up performance strongly, they are very resource-intensive, just as long as you have a large FPS - it was not so noticeable.

Now we have increased the range of visibility of buildings on maps, plus new maps for content are also very demanding on resources, because the content there is significantly fatter. Therefore, performance has fallen. This is natural. No beauty is given for free, it all takes up video memory, RAM, and processor time.

Our lead program is constantly working on optimization, for example, work is also ongoing on the same clouds.

Users who have lost performance can be advised in this situation or lower the graphics settings, or if the image quality is not satisfied with the lower settings, then you should consider upgrading. We really try to squeeze out everything that is possible from the PC. But when in the city> 15 million polygons - then squeeze it out, don't squeeze it out ...

Edited by JG700_Benek
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JG700_Benek said:

Users who have lost performance can be advised in this situation or lower the graphics settings, or if the image quality is not satisfied with the lower settings, then you should consider upgrading. We really try to squeeze out everything that is possible from the PC. But when in the city> 15 million polygons - then squeeze it out, don't squeeze it out ...

Its clearly the multiplayer that has been affected, question is why? Was it on purpose or just random?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JG700_Benek said:

AFAIK this reduced smothnes happens regardles of your hardware, you can have RTX 2080 and i7  amd 32GB RAM and stil get this.

That is essentially my system - less RAM on my part and a Ryzen - and I noticed nothing.

It takes longer to load in, MP or QM, but I noticed that some folks with weaker systems are having problems.

 

Oh as a matter of fact the performance on the ground, which was always a COMPLETE crapshoot for me no matter the system, is better for me! Instead of dropping to 70FPS when on the ground or very low in flight I am now in the high 90s. So while I obviously hope they will fix this for the rest of you, I'm in a good place right now with performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be precise thing is the framerate is still max on my end but the game is not smooth that's the problem, when you look around using opentrack or trackir you know instantly when performance is worse then optimal its just not the same feeling of camera movement. For me there is a noticebale difference when flying offline and online even though my frame rate is maxed on Berloga its just not that smooth and they dont have cloud and many ground objects on this server.  My bet is that It has smth to do with new visibility or worse case scenario its the old engine limitations and it cannot do more then 80  users with 10km  bubble vision to be smooth. Hope they can do smth smart about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, [Pb]Slegawsky said:

I'm ruining GTX970 with Gsync monitor and after the patch cant get rid of those stutters in multiplayer. However, with ingame Vsync OFF its just barely flyable on Combat Box only, FPS counter shows 60 and above but stutters and makes it unplayable. Any solutions?

 

Exactly my setup.

I've had microstutters already before the 3.201 update in multiplayer when lots of other aircraft were around.

Frame rates well within 100-144 (G-Sync here as well), but stuttered like hell when entering a furball.

I've reported it here, but no solution in sight.

 

Finally I grabbed "Nvidia Profile Inspector" and applied a 61FPS frame rate limit to IL-2.

Cured it for me and still seems to work with 3.201.

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

 

Exactly my setup.

I've had microstutters already before the 3.201 update in multiplayer when lots of other aircraft were around.

Frame rates well within 100-144 (G-Sync here as well), but stuttered like hell when entering a furball.

I've reported it here, but no solution in sight.

 

Finally I grabbed "Nvidia Profile Inspector" and applied a 61FPS frame rate limit to IL-2.

Cured it for me and still seems to work with 3.201.

 

:drinks:

Mike

Do u think this will help on a normal monitor that isn’t g sync?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrading our rig?! Dear Devs...
When I bought the game I ran it everything maxed out. Everything. Had 70-80 FPS. 
When the game was in Dx9, ran much, much better.
Every time you wrote "game should run better", game became unstable, performance dropped harder than a 109 G-2 fighting against P-51s.
Multiplayer servers struggling, hangs up, huge stutters in MP. 
And it's not the first time.
 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Upgrading our rig?! Dear Devs...
When I bought the game I ran it everything maxed out. Everything. Had 70-80 FPS. 
When the game was in Dx9, ran much, much better.
Every time you wrote "game should run better", game became unstable, performance dropped harder than a 109 G-2 fighting against P-51s.
Multiplayer servers struggling, hangs up, huge stutters in MP. 
And it's not the first time.
 

For me bud it’s getting unplayable online, Jason’s fix no longer works at all I feel before anything else new and shiny is released they need to look at running issues as the engine doesn’t seem to discriminate if you have top of the range hardware or low end online 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually 3.201B hotfix has caused me stutters. Everything was smooth before that. I use Reverb Vr headset and have set Steam reprojection ON . Result is that im playing with 45FPS with reprojection and it was really smooth! After hotfix i see fps dips to 33-40 . They come like waves in every 15-30? secondes. Mostly when on the ground, but happens in the air at low altitude too. I have not chanced anything from graphics option

 

edit: Quick mission , i have not tested online

Edited by Hartigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SP/Arras & Rheinland map:fps:120+ very smooth , even higher than Kuban or Porkhorovka map.
MP:very poor performance on all map, fps around 50~60
It's might be a net code optimization problem??

Edited by Oyster_KAI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, Hartigan said:

Actually 3.201B hotfix has caused me stutters. Everything was smooth before that. I use Reverb Vr headset and have set Steam reprojection ON . Result is that im playing with 45FPS with reprojection and it was really smooth! After hotfix i see fps dips to 33-40 . They come like waves in every 15-30? secondes. Mostly when on the ground, but happens in the air at low altitude too. I have not chanced anything from graphics option

 

edit: Quick mission , i have not tested online

Same here, the hotfix is what killed my frame rate and added stutters even when I am at 80 FPS or more in VR.  6700k and 1070 tip with 24 go ram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My frames are usually 55-60, but have dropped after the hotfix to a maximum of 38 in the air.  On the ground while taking off it is 8-21fps. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my system identical QMB mission Rhineland map. Clear 102fps.

Same mission with first click of the clouds slider (Cloudy) I get 52fps. This is something I didn't see pre update.

Something has changed for the worst with clouds.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to do more tests, but it really seems that high preset clouds causes stutters and framedrops after hotfix! Original 3.201 worked fine with High clouds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I will purchase mighty 2080ti to play game at max setting, 1080ti just isn't enough. 8700k at STABLE 5ghz not enough either must buy 9999900k.

 

*Meanwhile getting 150 fps with stutters. Strange.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Guess I will purchase mighty 2080ti to play game at max setting, 1080ti just isn't enough. 8700k at STABLE 5ghz not enough either must buy 9999900k.

 

*Meanwhile getting 150 fps with stutters. Strange.

 

Running just fine and dandy with 1080Ti. Try forcing Vsync on from Nvidia panel, and lose the one available in-game. I recommend "fast" setting. And do it withing the game profile, not under global options. While there, tick the maximum performance option too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi gentlemen,

 

I am also one of those "victims" with rather poor/low/medium rigs and I had a lot of stutters after update 3.201, even after both hotfixes.

And it was most noticeable in MP, even on servers not running the new maps. This made me really upset, so I start to fiddling around,

checked the forum nearly all hours to see, if someone had an idea.

 

After several attempts, a lot of swearing and kicking my comfy couch out of frustration, I followed the suggestion of Sneaksie:

 

Another important addition is the ability to turn on VSync together with FPS limiter in the game graphics options. This should minimize the stuttering if you have this problem. For example. turn VSync in the game on and set the limiter to the refresh rate of your screen (or lower if your system can't cope of keeping the steady FPS at this level) - if you have a regular 60 Hz screen set the limiter to 60 or, if your system has trouble keeping it, to a lower value like 30. This should greatly reduce the stuttering coming from FPS spikes and drops and make the game smoother. Also, don't forget to return Vsync settings in the driver to defaults if you have forced them before. Please experiment and let us know if you have a better experience than before.

 

And now here are my settings, which allow me to join servers in MP with new and old maps, as for example yesterday evening on Combat Box with ca. 40 chaps on it, and

most important with nearly no stutters or barely noticeable stutter. And thus absolutely playable for me.

 

1. NVIDIA Control Panel

1417672743_NVCBOX.PNG.8dc0e06250b40088a7ba9428806da72e.PNG

Vsync below in the list is set to "Application controlled"

 

2. Game Graphics Settings:

 

2019_10_7__9_38_27.thumb.jpg.c7149f4b21f54c81ec7c97aad9846e12.jpg

 

- VSync is activated

- Full Screen is activated (tried without Full Screen = less FPS for me)

- Set Target FPS to 80, although I'm running the game on a 60 Hz Monitor

- Grass quality is displaying Normal (you can't select a lower option) -> changes need to be done
  in the Startup.cfg file directly in point 3.

 

3. Startup.cfg file

 

438557328_startupBOX.PNG.a46f0b27fccd4d51e5be42db8b4c0800.PNG

 

- I set gamma to 0.6 as it helps me for spotting

- My grass distance is set to 0.0000 because:

    - increases my FPS, no stuttering on airfields

    - lesser load
    - If I want to admire grass fields I go outside RL

 

So, it is up to you and have a try. With these settings game still looks very good and performance is very acceptable.

 

Cheerio

 

P.S.: My old system's specs can be seen in my signature.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, Oyster_KAI said:

SP/Arras & Rheinland map:fps:120+ very smooth , even higher than Kuban or Porkhorovka map.
MP:very poor performance on all map, fps around 50~60
It's might be a net code optimization problem??

 

Oyster_KAI:
IMHO MP stuttering was real, I asked a few guys did they noticed and feel almost the same 1060/1080 are very common GFX but buy 2080 after an update to play with +10% performance more on 60-70 fps? We have a 6 gen Xenon CPU on the serverand  feels choppy every time when we have prime hours. A few years ago there is also stutters with TrackIR and Force Feedback, sometime there is also stutters between servers (WOL/KOTA/Combat Box). Sorry dev. guys, Something went wrong (again) this patch. Btw +1 for the new planes and they are suddenly fixed the alt+tab 3 minute freezing problem. I hope it will be a hotfix again and they gonna fix it, but my side its unplayable again from many sides. 

 

-=-THERION:
I appreciate your effort on the client side but Combat Box is lowered their server queue also, because their server also struggling to host. Btw, I dont want to open tweak my graphics settings on the game after it wont work pick up the nVidia control panel, or config files with text editor, I just want an optimized game for every aspect to every systems with low/medium/high/ultra presets thats all. 

 

These are my 2¢.

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Arrow19 said:

I just want an optimized game for every aspect to every systems with low/medium/high/ultra presets thats all. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

1. NVIDIA Control Panel

1417672743_NVCBOX.PNG.8dc0e06250b40088a7ba9428806da72e.PNG

 

 

Try switching Low Latency Mode from "Ultra" to "On".

 

From my findings, depending on the driver - some versions work better with "On" than "Ultra". Especially noticeable in MP.

 

Also, try the latest 436.48 drivers, apparently they work well with Pascal GPUs...

Edited by [DBS]TH0R
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -[HRAF]Arrow19 said:

I appreciate your effort on the client side but Combat Box is lowered their server queue also, because their server also struggling to host. Btw, I dont want to open tweak my graphics settings on the game after it wont work pick up the nVidia control panel, or config files with text editor, I just want an optimized game for every aspect to every systems with low/medium/high/ultra presets thats all. 

 

Yes, I understand what you mean, mate. And Combat Box was just an example when I did the last tests - I also enjoy and really appreciate your KOTA server very much. And

I'm more often on your server than any other server, btw.

2 hours ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

 

Try switching Low Latency Mode from "Ultra" to "On".

 

From my findings, depending on the driver - some versions work better with "On" than "Ultra". Especially noticeable in MP.

 

Also, try the latest 436.48 drivers, apparently they work well with Pascal GPUs...

 

Thank you for your comment. I've got the latest drivers - 436.48 that is at the moment. And yes, it works better for me to

have in on "Ultra" than "On".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, -[HRAF]Arrow19 said:

 

Oyster_KAI:
IMHO MP stuttering was real, I asked a few guys did they noticed and feel almost the same 1060/1080 are very common GFX but buy 2080 after an update to play with +10% performance more on 60-70 fps? We have a 6 gen Xenon CPU on the serverand  feels choppy every time when we have prime hours. A few years ago there is also stutters with TrackIR and Force Feedback, sometime there is also stutters between servers (WOL/KOTA/Combat Box). Sorry dev. guys, Something went wrong (again) this patch. Btw +1 for the new planes and they are suddenly fixed the alt+tab 3 minute freezing problem. I hope it will be a hotfix again and they gonna fix it, but my side its unplayable again from many sides. 

 

-=-THERION:
I appreciate your effort on the client side but Combat Box is lowered their server queue also, because their server also struggling to host. Btw, I dont want to open tweak my graphics settings on the game after it wont work pick up the nVidia control panel, or config files with text editor, I just want an optimized game for every aspect to every systems with low/medium/high/ultra presets thats all. 

 

These are my 2¢.

Combat Box was always 64 players though, I thought they increased it slightly after the release to accomodate the higher player numbers. What is it at now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 10:47 PM, -=-THERION said:

 

Thank you for your comment. I've got the latest drivers - 436.48 that is at the moment. And yes, it works better for me to

have in on "Ultra" than "On".

And he adviced to set it to ON, not ULTRA. BTW, prefer max performance I always had ON. But I will try with nvidia Vsync fast settings from Nvidia CP as Thor suggested.

 

heh placebo it seams

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

And he adviced to set it to ON, not ULTRA. BTW, prefer max performance I always had ON. But I will try with nvidia Vsync fast settings from Nvidia CP as Thor suggested.

 

heh placebo it seams

 

"Fast" or "On" for VSync difference depends on the monitor type and if you have any kind of synchronization tech built in into your monitor (before I got G-Sync monitor I felt the difference, now with G-Sync I don't). The more important thing here is to use the Nvidia VSync than the in-game one. The in-game will induce bigger lag.

Edited by [DBS]TH0R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...