Sign in to follow this  
JG4_Sputnik

RPM controll doesn't work on parked twin engine planes (after Update 3.021)

Posted (edited)

Hi

in short: All two engine planes like He111, A20 and P38 don't respond to rpm control if they are started from parking position.

No matter if I put it on buttons or on a lever, the animation is there but the technochat doesn't show anything, also the rpm gauge doesn't increase or decrease rpms.

EDIT: the Pe2 does work though, I think because it has a different rpm input (not a lever but a switch).

Why is it a bug: Because when I start the very same plane midair or when engines are already running, rpm control works as it should, technochat included. (no options changed). 

I have uploaded a track :

https://we.tl/t-xWnkevDW7r

More info in this thread:

My system:

i7 4770k

Gfx 2060

16gb Ram

win 8.1

Edited by JG4_Sputnik

When you add throttle, do the RPMs catch up to where they should be? or do they stay super low?

Hi,

nope, they stay low... so there's no input at all.

It seems that it effects only two engined planes, since I have the same issue with the Heinkel, the Ju88, the A20 and the P38. 

Just tried theHe111 in SP Parked. Worked with both engines selected and with 1 only and 2 only.

Have not tried the rest.

I know that it doesn't affect all players by now, but there's something fishy going on with twin prop planes and parked position. Other players have also experienced strange behavior in that situation. It could have something to do with having both engines rpm on one lever. 

We are testing further...

Please just upload one trackfile that works (include the folders) or make a video. Until you do that, we can only guess what's wrong and this bug report is not gonna help. 

• Upvote 1

Hi! Thanks for helping, I've uploaded the whole track file now but I could kind of figuring out myself; here^s my post from the OT:

PLOT TWIST!

Ok here is a strange thing that happened:

I was fiddling in my control settings when suddenly all those tiny orange boxes that signal that you have double bound a key, disappear. A few secs later my PC shut down.

After a restart and back to IL2, all my keybindings are gone and there were the default ones! 

I spent a hour remapping all my buttons an levers and lo and behold, everything works as it should!

That was really strange (ok I've overclocked my CPU lately but it was stable until, well it wasn't stable anymore). But I had rebound my RPM levers before and it didn't work, just now after a complete reset it works now.

Thanks for all your tips guys, I guess it really had to do something with the keybindings but I couldn't figure it out without the compete meltdown of my system. And strangely enough it happened only to a few planes in the game.

Anyways, happy flying and have a good one,

cheers,

Sputnik