[TLC]MasterPooner

Greatest Patch ever appreciation thread

I just wanted to say that this patch is truly fantastic.

-Great job on the map.

-Thanks for the 150 octane fuel for allied birds, Ive waited 900 years for a developer to do this.

-Thanks for the new spotting system, its fantastic

-And all the other things I cant list here.

I literally have not found a single thing in this patch I don't like yet. I was so excited after playing for the first few hours after release I could barely sleep after that. Felt like I was 14 years old the night before Xmas.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

Agreed. Hands down the most important patch for the game series so far. Not only does it deliver 4 fancy new planes, but more importantly the new mechanics mentioned by Flasheart and the new pilot physiology does lift the game on the next level for me. Great work and I am full of positive anticipation what the team can come up to further surprise us in the future. A more than happy customer, who is still undecided which of those marvellous planes to choose for the next sorty 🙂

• Upvote 1

Yep - things are looking very good for this title. 

I finally was able to download the update, looking forward to taking the Tempest for a spin.

absolutely outstanding........too many great additions to mention, simply top notch!

Agreed 100%. This is easily the most fun update I've ever had.

In fact, I will say that this update has greatly increased my enjoyment of the sim. The combination of top notch allied aircraft, the new map, the amazing physiology improvements, the sound, and the changes to visibility have turned IL-2 into a qualitatively superior sim.

Great job, team.

34 minutes ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

Agreed. And still no Hotfix needed!

Edited by Elem

With the extended view distance,improved sound system and physiology model,  it is the best upgrade ever.

Edited by L3Pl4K

I will glad join this thread. 

25 minutes ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

-Great job on the map.

-Thanks for the 150 octane fuel for allied birds, Ive waited 900 years for a developer to do this.

-Thanks for the new spotting system, its fantastic

-And all the other things I cant list here.

I literally have not found a single thing in this patch I don't like yet. I was so excited after playing for the first few hours after release I could barely sleep after that. Felt like I was 14 years old the night before Xmas.

Here Here!!!!

Simply amazing.  So worth the wait for the Allied planes..  RRR, can't wait to use this. New Spotting.. Pilot Physiology... too many to list....

You guys are the best...

Telling all my buddies... time to step up and get on board!

The most intresting thing for me have been the me 262, but I cant deny that flying red sudently became MUCH more interesting 😄

The next thing for me, Is wayting for campagne being implemented for the new birds, I'm much more of a singel player. But I promise to be a target from time to time in multiplayer :P

1 hour ago, Elem said:

Agreed. And still no Hotfix needed!

WW2 ground units on the WW1 map what about that for a hotfix for a starter.

Don't get me wrong it is one great update we waited a long time for it, but for a WW1 fan it has a long way to go to match the content in ROF.

Whilst I share the sentiments re. RoF, the remaining ww2 objects will be replaced when the game is released, if not before. So no fix is required.

Remember the Arras map was a bit of a surprise this update, so perhaps they released it earlier than they'd have wanted because we've all been shouting for it. 

Anyway it was such a big update you can't accuse the devs of slacking off ! 

1 hour ago, CB77Don246 said:

WW2 ground units on the WW1 map what about that for a hotfix for a starter.

Don't get me wrong it is one great update we waited a long time for it, but for a WW1 fan it has a long way to go to match the content in ROF.

Those units are just placeholders in the QMB for an early access map. In other words: working as intended. In other words: No hotfix needed. 

It is an excellent patch, and I look forward to what the future holds with immense excitement.

The physiology is probably the most beneficial add-on this sim has had, stopping the air-quake almost dead in its tracks. No, it doesn't do much to stop the console players hanging their kite off the prop 50m from the ground at 50mph to get that desperate last shot after being out-flown, knowing the mangling crash back to the ground won't really maim or kill them, but it clips their arcade wings in so many other ways that the quality of the air-combat is absolutely forced to be vastly improved. Bravo 1C! :) 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I'm no longer quite so happy with the patch. I'm an offline player which means career mode and AI. I love the new physiology features as they affect the player, and I love the new combat AI. However, the AI simply can't handle physiology. It's literally ruined my career. In the space of one day, two missions, all but two of my squadron have died. None were actually shot down, they just ploughed into the ground. I've just been made commander of a 3-man squadron with one serviceable plane. Wonderful.

I'm also noticing that my fellow Germans seem to blackout and crash far more often than the Russians. No idea why.

In short, I may have to shelve the game until a fix is released, as I'm assuming disabling the physiology only does so for the player? Real shame.

True story: i stayed up playing IL2 so late the last two nights, that today on my way home from work i passed out in the train and missed my stop.

• Haha 4

Update is great. Does anyone else feel that the sense of scale is better now? I was playing the new map and at different altitudes it seems more natural. Not sure if it's changes to the distance rendering or new spotting ( which now I can see ground targets, yay) or just the new map.

Also not sure if it was the new plane set I was using but gaining altitude seems to be easier/faster? 

Anyway great patch, and squirting of 50's in the p51 sounds epic.

I just went up in the tempest for a couple quick missions. Holy crap, that thing is a beast. A 2 second burst annihilates enemy bombers. Cockpit is gorgeous, incredible sense of power, dives like a falling demon...what’s not to love? New physiology is good too, lots more to consider when dogfighting. My only issue so far is I get some stuttering over the cities. I’m tweaking my settings to see if I can get it smoother.

I think this is the best update since I've been active. The sounds are great, the airplanes a blast and the new maps and mechanics a welcome improvement. :)

Idiotic update, once again too many new things to play with. Massive stress and headaches trying to decide what order to try out the new toys. I have complained about this before to no avail.

Ergo I am going to start a petition for the devs stating there should only be one new toy every 6 months so those of us who are in our senior years do not have the distress of decision making.

Please indicate below if you would be interested in signing the petition.

Petition Signatures

1. A Nonny Mouse

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1