Sign in to follow this  
Crashbangwallop

Something wrong with IL2 Kuban campaign?

Posted (edited)

Anyone else flying out of Geledzhik having trouble with the career campaign missions?

My flight leader just takes off, flys around in a circle getting lowere and lower until he skites into the ground. Actualy flew into sea once. Meanwhile the rest of the flight is trying to follow him and never gets away from the airbase area, let alone over the hills. 

Happened in the two missions I've tried to fly since the update

Edited by Crashbangwallop
Inadequate description

Is this campaign (Sea Dragons) or BoK career issue? 

9 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Is this campaign (Sea Dragons) or BoK career issue? 

It's the in-gane career

Used to be that the flight group would gather and circle around the airfield area while gaining heinght, then depart fo rthe mission over the hills. Now, as I say, they go nowhere

Ok, thanks, I'll move it into another forum section

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Ok, thanks, I'll moved it into another forum section

Great, I wasn't sure where to put it

Just to say it's Gelenzhik 1. I'm assuming it's NOT Sea Dragons too, but I haven't tried that after the update

Posted (edited)

Flight leader now seems to be maintaining height, and even climbing a little, but still circiling endlessly. Just doesn't seem to want to move off the waypoint above the airfield

It's the 8thGShAP VVS VMF flying out of Gelendzhik - 1. In-game/Virtual date 19.6.43. Problem noticed post 3.201 update - may or may not be related

Further info - First waypoint away from take-off appears to be ON the facing mountainside! Would it be safe to assume that any mission with take-off towards and over the sea would be go as normal? 

Further note - The leader's 'circle'-  post take-off - is very narrow; the AI have great difficulty keeping with it. Totally different from the wide, formating, climbing circle of normal pre-problem missions

Edited by Crashbangwallop
Further info