Jump to content
Sokol1

VirPil MoongoosT50 CM2 throttle

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

"Honey, I¬†¬†shrunk the throttle."¬†¬†ūüėú

 

T50 throttle V4:

 

vpc-201-002-01.png

 

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/897-pre-orders-update-and-unveiling-the-vpc-mongoost-50cm2-throttle/

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50cm2-throttle.html

 

At first looks a "dowgrade" relative to V3, but cost 50 EUROS less, and the small size and weight reflect on shipping cost.

The new panels (WiP) for attach in deskmount can replace/improve the features (rotaries and some switches) removed from throttle, in versions more specialized for the task, e.g. Jets, propeller planes, spaceships.

 

 

 

Edited by Sokol1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My Warthog is going to have to hang in there a while then.

Not interested in a throttle such as this.

 

 

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dburne said:

My Warthog is going to have to hang in there a while then.

Not interested in a throttle such as this.

 

 

Cool.

 

Anyways, throttle looks great for desktop use, much more space efficient than the larger one. Looks cool IMO as well. Wouldn't mind picking this up, only thing I am worried about is the mounting layout, the old throttle had the warthog layout, this one I'd assume has a different one.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonRedcorn said:

...I am worried about is the mounting layout, the old throttle had the warthog layout, this one I'd assume has a different one.

 

 

Don't worry, for¬†‚ā¨ 19.95 you get a adapter for War'throttle pattern.¬†;)

 

https://virpil-controls.eu/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/ecd051e9670bd57df35c8f0b122d8aea/v/p/vpc-614_02.png

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50cm2-throttle-tmw-throttle-mounting-adapter.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks very good.

Edited by BaiCaiX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2019 at 4:48 PM, Sokol1 said:

"Honey, I¬†¬†shrunk the throttle."¬†¬†ūüėú

 

 

Well, I have the V2 and was pretty disappointed when the V3 was presented a week or two after I got it with the previously lacking analogue stick and more stuff on the throttle grip. But then I realized that the V3 had no detent that is pretty crucial for jets with AB which everyone was really annoyed with.

 

So everyone seem to love the V3 accept the lack of a detent. That cannot be rocket science to do (it works on the V1 and V2 but can wear out with time). So why make a smaller one that looks like a toy and remove buttons and dials? Why the transparent led lit buttons and red plastic switches with yellow "warning pattern" below them? After the complaints regarding the red / yellow plastic on the B9 button on the V1/V2, that was changed to black / red on the V3 - do they not understand that their customer group is 30+? We don't have led shite in our computers or fans - and certainly don't want that in our high end Hotas gear...

 

Please give me a V5 that is the V3 with a detent. I am pretty sure that I am not alone wishing for that... I would almost buy it even though my V2 is 6 months old as I love the darn thing :)

 

And besides - I think that the V2 that even has no official name was released around new year 2018/19 (?). So this is the third new version of the T50 throttle this year? Sure - we really wanted someting new after the Warthog had ruled the scene without updates for many years, but can they please calm down and do a proper survey of what their previous T50 customers would like to change? I think every one would answer a survey like that... And a V3 with a detent would pretty much be the dream device for most of us. And to quote our mighty ancestral grandfather (Oleg) - Be sure :)

Edited by mazex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with you on that. I would love to replace my Warthog throttle, but so far Virpil does not come close to doing that

for me - in fact drifting further away.

Maybe VKB will eventually give us something but Lord knows when that might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The idea is put the functions loose in throttle in extra panel$ in deskmount:

68402504-2997661977016308-42193674878142

453757900-VPCCockpit3-thumb-png-7aa1ed3b

 

Edited by Sokol1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really understand this obsession with encoders that Virpil seem to have.  If this would have rotaries instead of all those encoders, it would be a great deal.

 

I'm a V2 owner and tbh, i think there's soo much wasted space on the V2 (or V3 and V1 for that matter) with the three not very useful encoders, gigantic single way switch with safety cover and huge round "yellow" (on V2) button, that i actually like this way of sizing the base down and making more use of the avaliable space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That huge button everyone hates is a real button in aircraft like the KA-50 single seat attack helicopter. It's meant to not be easily hit, if your warthog with the crappy slew stick is still doing great for you then that's awesome.

2 hours ago, mazex said:

 

Well, I have the V2 and was pretty disappointed when the V3 was presented a week or two after I got it with the previously lacking analogue stick and more stuff on the throttle grip. But then I realized that the V3 had no detent that is pretty crucial for jets with AB which everyone was really annoyed with.

 

So everyone seem to love the V3 accept the lack of a detent. That cannot be rocket science to do (it works on the V1 and V2 but can wear out with time). So why make a smaller one that looks like a toy and remove buttons and dials? Why the transparent led lit buttons and red plastic switches with yellow "warning pattern" below them? After the complaints regarding the red / yellow plastic on the B9 button on the V1/V2, that was changed to black / red on the V3 - do they not understand that their customer group is 30+? We don't have led shite in our computers or fans - and certainly don't want that in our high end Hotas gear...

 

Please give me a V5 that is the V3 with a detent. I am pretty sure that I am not alone wishing for that... I would almost buy it even though my V2 is 6 months old as I love the darn thing :)

 

And besides - I think that the V2 that even has no official name was released around new year 2018/19 (?). So this is the third new version of the T50 throttle this year? Sure - we really wanted someting new after the Warthog had ruled the scene without updates for many years, but can they please calm down and do a proper survey of what their previous T50 customers would like to change? I think every one would answer a survey like that... And a V3 with a detent would pretty much be the dream device for most of us. And to quote our mighty ancestral grandfather (Oleg) - Be sure :)

Please speak for yourself my friend. I have RGB's in just about every single component and peripheral on my computer. Looks like their new space grips will be adding more RGB as well. Not just flight simmers buy this gear, the space sim market is apparently large enough to warrant it's own grips and cams, maybe they don't want a detent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I don't really understand this obsession with encoders that Virpil seem to have.  If this would have rotaries instead of all those encoders, it would be a great deal.

 

I'm a V2 owner and tbh, i think there's soo much wasted space on the V2 (or V3 and V1 for that matter) with the three not very useful encoders, gigantic single way switch with safety cover and huge round "yellow" (on V2) button, that i actually like this way of sizing the base down and making more use of the avaliable space.

 

The encoders are a lot better now at least with the new firmware / config software where you can put them as "buffered"...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mazex said:

So why make a smaller one that looks like a toy and remove buttons and dials?

 

To diversify the offer ;)

I think it is not meant as an update to V2 or V3. It serves to fill a lower price segment and aims at wider customer targer. It's smaller, better for desk use without mount, and cheaper! After all, who would want to update their gear every half-year? It's not next step, just a sidestep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RavN_Sone said:

 

To diversify the offer ;)

I think it is not meant as an update to V2 or V3. It serves to fill a lower price segment and aims at wider customer targer. It's smaller, better for desk use without mount, and cheaper! After all, who would want to update their gear every half-year? It's not next step, just a sidestep.

 

Can't remember where I saw it stated, it is my understanding it is replacing the previous version throttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RavN_Sone said:

 

To diversify the offer ;)

I think it is not meant as an update to V2 or V3. It serves to fill a lower price segment and aims at wider customer targer. It's smaller, better for desk use without mount, and cheaper! After all, who would want to update their gear every half-year? It's not next step, just a sidestep.

 

Yup!

For someone who is still lacking in a seperate throttle quadrant and a premium in desk-space, this sort of thing is exactly what I am looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Virpil stick, but the throttle does nothing for me unfortunately. Maybe because I prefer props and early jets. A custom built  GVL is a better option for that IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RavN_Sone said:

 

To diversify the offer ;)

I think it is not meant as an update to V2 or V3. It serves to fill a lower price segment and aims at wider customer targer. It's smaller, better for desk use without mount, and cheaper! After all, who would want to update their gear every half-year? It's not next step, just a sidestep.

 

Like @dburne said. My understanding is that it will replace the V3 (from another forum with a jet sim). Otherwise I completely agree - if it was just about widening the product line I am all fine with that. And like @JonRedcorn says, there are people that like space sims and RGB fits for that setting, if they keep the V3 I am all fine with their decision. And if we get a V3.1 with a detent they have a winner for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mazex said:

 

The encoders are a lot better now at least with the new firmware / config software where you can put them as "buffered"...

That's good to know, will try to figure out how that works then. They still haven't updated their manual for like 8 months now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt said:

That's good to know, will try to figure out how that works then. They still haven't updated their manual for like 8 months now.

 

Nope, a bit annoying. I started writing this "community manual" some months ago but got tired of it after some return policy issues with my CM2 grip. Don't contain decoder info and some screen shots need to be updated after the post summer software updates:

 

https://sites.google.com/site/...on_v0.4.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't the two red switches between the throttle handle and the smaller lever seem pretty difficult to reach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...