Count_de_Money

how do you like the new sound engine?

14 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Make sure you have your sound card set on Stereo and not 5.1 or surround sound. I’ve done that a few times and screwed up my sound. Our sounds are stereo not 5.1.

There are going to be sound issues because we had to completely switch our sound engine. Gonna take a while to tweak it back into 100% normal. 

Jason

Would be cool if you guys may have a look at Bf-110 engine sounds. They are way to silent now.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

In the DB605 sound engine yt video above,

i believe we hear the engine runs not over 60-70% of power.So the sound with those low rpms should sound like the ones in game.

But, what about the high rpms and high ATA?

I am pretty sure that the previous sounds looked more like the real thing, at least from the sound aggressiveness perspective..

17 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Make sure you have your sound card set on Stereo and not 5.1 or surround sound. I’ve done that a few times and screwed up my sound. Our sounds are stereo not 5.1.

There are going to be sound issues because we had to completely switch our sound engine. Gonna take a while to tweak it back into 100% normal. 

Jason

That is good to know, I will check my setup to be sure. I actually really like the new sounds from what I heard, I may be tricking myself but the Tempest engine sounds very complex - differing 'layers' of sounds in it. The ringing sound from exceeding G was especially well done, I actually took off my headphones because I thought I had them on too loud and had made my ears ring! 

New DB interior sounds are really good, best in any sim yet in my opinion. However i think supercharger sound is a bit overdone, up till 1.2 ata is awesome but especially in DB 605 D, once you pass 1.3 ata it's getting bit weird currently. With some adjusting it would be close to perfect.

Hopefully exterior sound will have similar redo at some point in future, to have them closer to this:

• Upvote 3

I love it so far. Just need to ensure that the older birds like the IL-2 have directionality to the engine sound from different outside viewing angles. 

On 10/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, Voidhunger said:

New sounds are great and finally i cant hear my MK108 rounds hitting enemy planes.

will the hit sound from the mk108 come back?

i really loved it :)

17 hours ago, Martin077 said:

will the hit sound from the mk108 come back?

i really loved it :)

what???? its not possible

EDIT: if its true, its a bug

Edited by Voidhunger

I like the new sounds, except for a few exceptions, very well.
I think it's just a pity that there are no improvements for the LA5 and Yak engines ASh-82 and Klimow M-105.
The LA5 should sound pretty much like other radial engines as well. And the same goes for the Yaks. It should sound like a 12-cylinder V engine sounded in WW2. For example, like the sound of the P51.
Outstanding!

8 minutes ago, RFG_Hisl said:

I like the new sounds, except for a few exceptions, very well.
I think it's just a pity that there are no improvements for the LA5 and Yak engines ASh-82 and Klimow M-105.
The LA5 should sound pretty much like other radial engines as well. And the same goes for the Yaks. It should sound like a 12-cylinder V engine sounded in WW2. For example, like the sound of the P51.
Outstanding!

What I don't understand is why the Mikulin AM-35 sound of Mig-3 sounds very good and alive both from 1st person and 3rd person perspectives, yet the V12s of Lagg-3/Yak/Pe-2 M-105 Klimov sounds are terrible. 

Regards

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

Indeed, M-105s and ASh-82s need sound overhaul. Also, DB engines used to growl the way Mustang engine sounds, but now they don't. I hope that it'll change in future. 

On 10/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, Yardstick said:

Not a fan of the new in-cockpit DB601/605 sounds - very underwhelming.

What???   No dude, the new sounds are the most accurate DB60x in-cockpit sounds we've had since Jane's WWII Fighters back in 1998.  Cliffs of Dover has done the DB601 quite well for a while too..  Seriously watch IRL videos on Youtube.  The new in-cockpit sounds are awesome.   The exterior sounds could definitely use a P-51-style make-over, but I'm sure that's coming.  baby steps.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

..the Mikulin AM-35 sound of Mig-3 sounds very good , yet the V12s of Lagg-3/Yak/Pe-2 M-105 Klimov sounds are terrible. 

Regards

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Fafnir_6 said:

What???   No dude, the new sounds are the most accurate DB60x in-cockpit sounds we've had since Jane's WWII Fighters back in 1998.  Cliffs of Dover has done the DB601 quite well for a while too..  Seriously watch IRL videos on Youtube.  The new in-cockpit sounds are awesome.   The exterior sounds could definitely use a P-51-style make-over, but I'm sure that's coming.  baby steps.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

When I wrote that I had just installed new sound card drivers that had reset my sound to 5.1 channels.  Following Jason's advice, on reverting to 2.1 channels (my actual speaker setup).  I got the full range of sounds as intended and was happy to concede in a later post that the new sounds are indeed accurate to RL.

• Upvote 1

I have a  5.1 setup and I've never noticed any issues though. I tested both 2/2.1 and 5.1 and it all seemed ok, of course nothing is positional :( but it just upmixes the 2.1 to 5.1.

Edited by AstroCat

On 10/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, J3Hetzer said:

I've been messing around with sounds for a couple of hours. I know an engine never sounds the same inside/outside the vehicle but if we want a game DR1 (or any other WW1 plane) to sound close to the real deal (per video in the post above) I'd suggest using the game's external engine sounds for in the cockpit too. Not a perfect solution but would be x1000 times better than the current electric lawn-mower imho. :)

That Dr.1 isn't the real deal, it has a radial engine, not an Oberursel rotary. 

Edited by Soilworker
Video link
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, Yardstick said:

When I wrote that I had just installed new sound card drivers that had reset my sound to 5.1 channels.  Following Jason's advice, on reverting to 2.1 channels (my actual speaker setup).  I got the full range of sounds as intended and was happy to concede in a later post that the new sounds are indeed accurate to RL.

Oh excellent!  I'm glad you're getting the full experience now.  I haven't actually heard what the DB engine sounds like with the 5.1 settings, so it's very possible it sounds crappy that way.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

This new sounds are for me the worst since the beginning of the series !... Awfull and painfull spatialization of the engine with weird variations when turning the head inside the   cockpit , very very flat rendering of some engines  (Me 109/110 and FW190 are the worst ) when changing rpm/power ...

Really breaking immersion ... Hope new patches will quickly correct this as for me this downed the hype of the final releases ...

• Upvote 1

~S~

Peaks at 3 and 5k, standing waves,  phase inversion?, compression?, wacky eq curves, noise'd out engine waves.

"Events" at wrong parameters, space, lack of audio intel .

We all sense the world in different ways, audio "SA" is a big part of mine.

But this latest version, IMO is easier on the ears.

Moxy

I feel that the new 109 e7, f2, f4, g2, etc engine sounds are all "missing something".

I am no sound guy and I wish I could be more constructive.

I don't know... it just sounds like more of a hum and it just doesn't give me that impression that I'm flying a machine. I think it's missing that calttering or clacking sound (high mid tin noises). I don't know.

I think it is a step in the right direction. Finally I can increase the in-game volume up from 10% that I had to use since the game was released.

Some sounds still need work, especially the external ones. But in-cockpit ones are very well done. With some exceptions of course.

The biggest issue other than the whooshing is that other planes crashing nearby trigger the rough-landing “clank” sound rather than the “boom” sound you hear when you crash.

perhaps it’s only on certain planes, definitely hearing it on p40s I shoot down

First time playing in a few months...wife and I had a baby. Slowing getting back into sim stuff. The sound seems quiet to me. This game used to be the louded game I owned, engines and guns were just roaring I loved it. Now they seem pretty quiet in game. New sound engine or one of my audio settings in Windows? Everything else seems normal volume.

Forgot how awesome VR is.

*UPDATE*

Flew with no VR just to remap some controls...the sound seemed better. Must be some setting with my VR headset and headphones causing issues. Still with a little less bass that I remember. Anyone use the Windows 10 Spacial Sound setting? Windows Sonic? 

Edited by kestrel79