Sign in to follow this  
SYN_Vander

How to make a Dogfight multiplayer mission last longer than 1 hr?

See title. I must be missing something. Didn’t used to be a problem in rof days 😉

Is it a problem since the update? I've had some running longer than that in testing, but I haven't tried since the update. Don't add in a mission end timer, and make sure the server running it has the correct duration you want (possibly unlimited, if you want it to run until an objective is completed).

Which parameter in the sds file determines  mission duration? I seem to use the wrong one?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Which parameter in the sds file determines  mission duration? I seem to use the wrong one?

Max time for round (seconds). Select the Unlimited box for unlimited mission time.

The mission can end sooner if you trigger an Mission End Translator or if a team loses all their points set in the Team points per round field. 

Edited by JimTM

Thanks. I must be doing something wrong, because I have all these set. Perhaps it’s the team points. I don’t recall that one.

31 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Thanks. I must be doing something wrong, because I have all these set. Perhaps it’s the team points. I don’t recall that one.

If you want to ignore team points, set the value very high (e.g., 99999999).

I found the problem. Had been editing my own sds file, but I guess I missed some changes/additions. So I edited it through the dserver application and saved again and now it works as expected.