Sign in to follow this  
Motherbrain

Axis Tab - Anybody else notice?

The art has been in the game files for a while. Jason has publically stated it doesn’t mean anything one way or another.

Yeah, but Japan and Italy are Axis powers in the ME now. No comment on that yet. Maybe the Mission Builder guys are just being cute too... 😀

We should find out fairly soon. Theirs a lot speculation in my group about what the next expansion will be after Bodenplatte releases and we've gone back and forth on either a Mediterranean theater with the Italians or the PTO finally. Since they've said they don't want to do any more Eastern Front stuff. Battle of Britain and the African campaign is off the table since the group working of Cliffs of Dover are already doing that.

07306-1-800x800.jpg.0c09883cc6af118774baf6707eff1b81.jpg sm_upload.thumb.jpg.2f72da177f256adde5fcd3b36cc2fe37.jpg

I'm told Italian planes would be easier to do then Japanese planes supposedly. If its not either of these then I have no idea what it could be. Maybe Flying Circus Vol.2?

Edited by Motherbrain

1 hour ago, Motherbrain said:

Since they've said they don't want to do any more Eastern Front stuff. 

I'm really hoping this is the case. We really need to focus elsewhere. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Motherbrain said:

We should find out fairly soon. Theirs a lot speculation in my group about what the next expansion will be after Bodenplatte releases and we've gone back and forth on either a Mediterranean theater with the Italians or the PTO finally. Since they've said they don't want to do any more Eastern Front stuff. Battle of Britain and the African campaign is off the table since the group working of Cliffs of Dover are already doing that.

07306-1-800x800.jpg.0c09883cc6af118774baf6707eff1b81.jpg sm_upload.thumb.jpg.2f72da177f256adde5fcd3b36cc2fe37.jpg

I'm told Italian planes would be easier to do then Japanese planes supposedly. If its not either of these then I have no idea what it could be. Maybe Flying Circus Vol.2?

my speculation is that we are headed for Korea. I wish for PTO but I think its less and less likely to happen :( and Korea was teased as they (dev team) smelled the scent of jet fuel. Mig15 and Sabre in this detailed damage model we have should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

My speculation is that we are headed for Korea.

That would be cool. I hope your wrong about the Pacific but I guess it would make sense. Gunna make a lot of people I know pretty POed though.

I'd be curious to see what the plane set for that would be besides the obvious Sabre and MiG.

39886420175_7a08b74546_b.thumb.jpg.5ff915a83c0bb2de9af2f9d8e7b00449.jpg

Edited by Motherbrain

There's a reason it's there or it would not makes sense... Or they like my avatar :)

It gives me hope anyway!

Edited by Akatsuki
  • Like 1

Korea is the only potential branch that would make me skip the next expansion.  Big fan of the devs and want to support but that's a hard pass for me. I'd have to wait through that for the return to WW1/2 preferably Italy or Africa.

Edited by pfrances
  • Upvote 2

That scrolldown menu is new and since they didn´t integrate Italy into that button, that seems to indicate that the pizza and pasta guys are off the table. We will be getting PTO as next module, else the rising sun would make no sense and they could have textured the button with the flag of the evil empire alone and without any hint to sushi. Release of PTO module will be in 2021 or 2022. Now find out which important dates back then in 1941/42 will have 80 years birthday celebration and you might have a starting point about the next scenerie.

This news is coming right from my brand new amethyst crystal ball, which hasn´t failed me so far in predicting the weather for three days. Indeed it is way better at that job than my recently deceased tree frog who in his old days wasn´t able to climb more than 2 steps on the ladder in his terrarium cabinet.

Edited by sevenless
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:26 AM, pfrances said:

Korea is the only potential branch that would make me skip the next expansion.  Big fan of the devs and want to support but that's a hard pass for me. I'd have to wait through that for the return to WW1/2 preferably Italy or Africa.

I really hope the devs DON'T do the Eastern Front OR Korea...not yet anyway. There is so much of WW2 that hasn't been done yet. Whilst I'm so glad we have the BoBP a/c there's a part of me which wishes the devs didn't do BoBP (that should have been maybe 2-3 battles away) but instead lead up to it via North Africa, Italy and even 1943 (beginning of USAAF daylight raids, night time raids, anti shipping missions, Typhoon ops, etc). What we don't need is more jets. Again, not now anyway. I really wish they killed off CloD. Whilst the models and cockpits are pretty good, the map itself is ugly as hell and needs to be forgotten. If IL2 is going to be a proper whole-of-WW2 then we need to cover most if not all theatres using the current BoS engine, etc ie. 

1. Battle of France/Britain

2. Battle of Malta

3. Battle of North Africa

4. Battle of Italy

5. Europe 1943 (Spit V, Typhoon, BF109, FW190, Mosquito, B17, B26, etc)

6. Battle of New Guinea (Wildcat, Dauntless, TBF, P40, AM6, Kate, etc)

7. Battle of the islands eg. Iwo Jima, Saipan, etc

Leave Korea. 

Edited by [ASOR]Pharoah
  • Upvote 3

On 10/2/2019 at 2:29 PM, sevenless said:

This news is coming right from my brand new amethyst crystal ball, which hasn´t failed me so far in predicting the weather for three days. Indeed it is way better at that job than my recently deceased tree frog who in his old days wasn´t able to climb more than 2 steps on the ladder in his terrarium cabinet.

Clearly your crystal ball predicts only sunny days in the future, so we will hope that doesn’t lead to drought and more dead amphibians. Sorry about the poison dart frog but he had his day...

On 10/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

I really hope the devs DON'T do the Eastern Front OR Korea...not yet anyway. There is so much of WW2 that hasn't been done yet. Whilst I'm so glad we have the BoBP a/c there's a part of me which wishes the devs didn't do BoBP (that should have been maybe 2-3 battles away) but instead lead up to it via North Africa, Italy and even 1943 (beginning of USAAF daylight raids, night time raids, anti shipping missions, Typhoon ops, etc). What we don't need is more jets. Again, not now anyway. I really wish they killed of CloD. Whilst the models and cockpits are pretty good, the map itself is ugly as hell and needs to be forgotten. If IL2 is going to be a proper whole-of-WW2 then we need to cover most if not all theatres using the current BoS engine, etc ie. 

1. Battle of France/Britain

2. Battle of Malta

3. Battle of North Africa

4. Battle of Italy

5. Europe 1943 (Spit V, Typhoon, BF109, FW190, Mosquito, B17, B26, etc)

6. Battle of New Guinea (Wildcat, Dauntless, TBF, P40, AM6, Kate, etc)

7. Battle of the islands eg. Iwo Jima, Saipan, etc

Leave Korea. 

I think 1 and 3 are definitely out; 2 and 4 very likely are as well. 

5 is a really good possibility and would explain why they went for the Tempest instead of the Typhoon for BP.  We already have all of the 109's but early 190's would work. 

6 I think is a good move as well but you have the problem of Japanese fighters still to solve. And 7 has that and naval aviation.

I think Korea would be an excellent segway. One single four engine bomber, B-29 that can be reused in the Pacific would be easier to develop than multiple four engine bombers for WW II Europe.  The A-26 would be an essential aircraft and would fill in a place on the BP map and have a place in a future Pacific map. A single aircraft carrier and the Corsair could give them some insight into developing the tech required for a full blown Pacific campaign.  They have begun jets already and the F-84 is fairly simple as far as jets go. Of course they would need to make the iconic Sabre and for a collector plane they could do the F9F.  The rest of the allied a/c could be from the existing WW II  planset.  The North Korean AF would similarly reuse some of the existing or be developed from them with a MiG-15 and the upcoming rumors of a Yak-9...

I think that Korea could be a logical and profitable stepping stone to the Pacific.