J2_Trupobaw

World War 1 cockpit photos repository

I had to take a holiday today to sit over guy building new wardrobe for Lady Trupo. Since he didn't actually need anything from me, I've started experimenting with putting historical photos in cockpit.

Here's the first batch for your use. The focus is on propaganda figures young aspiring pilot might keep for inspiration, and some sweetheart/kids themed postcards for family men far from home. All period pictures, all found online.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RBO0clE6SuU5jBQznBFuTEwCp3eoQYe_/view?usp=sharing

Contents:
Oswald Boelcke and French nurse Bianka,
Oswald Boelcke postcard,
Manfred von Richthofen postcard
Manfred von Richthofen postcard with signature
Georges Guynemer press cut-out
Edith Cavell 
4 period postcards depicting soldiers with sweethearts or kids in uniforms. Or all of above.

The second pack is aimed at virtual squadrons and people who fancy keeping photos of (likely dead) old comrades in cockpit.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kd5Dj5XVYmrjt40aDmibpY2O4Wqzs90h/view?usp=sharing

There are 8 photos in this pack, most of them taken in 1917, before FC timeframe:
1xJasta 11 photo (April 1917?)
1xJasta 5 photo (1917?)
1xJasta Boelcke photo (1917)
1x No.56 Squadron photo
2x Escadrille 124 (before they became 103 Aero USAS) photo
1x post-war Polish irregular aviators
1x American volunteer in post-war Polish air force

The third pack are family photos, life events, postcards from (my) hometown and book covers.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGPLwDWnD1wnZwW_ZG7mFDYMasgry3GZ/view?usp=sharing

Photos used:
Boelcke family (Wilhelm, Oswald, their parents)
Brothers Boelcke (detail of above)
Parents Boelcke (detail od above)
Brothers von Richthofen (Manfred, Lothar and Bolko) as kids
Bolko von Richthofen on sled (detail of above)
Manfred von Richthofen as a kid (and what a nice girl he was!)
Boelvke and MvR inspecting captured dh2
wounded Manfred von Richthofen with nurse
Manfred von Richthofen with a young girl
German pilot and young woman
Manfred von Richthofen playing with Moritz
Manfred von Richthofen playing with Moritz with Dr.I in background, last photo of MvR alive
Drunk German pilots
Elephant on airfield in Thorn (my birth city), ridden by two airmen and towing a Roland C.II . Yeah, it happened. The elephant was borrowed from circus to remove dangerous stone from the field, and there was lots of fun.  The stone is still there (repurposed as monument for Polish pilots, because who cares about history not written by victors).
Waterworks of same city of Thorn
Bridge of Thorn
Cover of Ist edition of Der Rote Kampflieger (more for WW2 pilots)
Cover of Jules Verne book
Cover of Winnetou

If there are any pictures you want in cockpit without learning to convert them, give me a word; I have an assembly line running.

2019_10_1__9_44_26.thumb.jpg.2309ca4de489161e0700220c6a19b784.jpg2019_10_1__11_40_10.thumb.jpg.2b05af6d48c0be8236cf3d34bd26a578.jpg2019_10_1__11_38_50.thumb.jpg.fb14b46610d3700059c76a323223bdc5.jpg2019_10_1__11_36_30.thumb.jpg.3ffed7c577018aae43fd6f722c6b76a0.jpg

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Can you make one of hotlead inscribed with "with love to talbot" and have a red lipstick kiss on it for me, please?

🤣

• Haha 3

Can I? Sure. Although for US pilots, the old HillBilly avatar with "Hurry home, son!" signature would be better 😄

Is the download link working, btw? 

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

45 minutes ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Can I? Sure. Although for US pilots, the old HillBilly avatar with "Hurry home, son!" signature would be better 😄

Is the download link working, btw? 

NO NO I disowned Talbot a long time ago.😁 

• Sad 1

(HB avatar has a zipper, so it's to futuristic to use, anyway. There go my dreams...)

EDIT: I can just photoshop it away, with pants like these, no one will know😄. Can I post it here, though? I've hard local mod is real hardline. There go my dreams again :D.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

1 hour ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

(HB avatar has a zipper, so it's to futuristic to use, anyway. There go my dreams...)

EDIT: I can just photoshop it away, with pants like these, no one will know😄. Can I post it here, though? I've hard local mod is real hardline. There go my dreams again :D.

If you can photoshop out the zipper you photoshop the one finger into two fingers, V for victory.😁

2 hours ago, von_Michelstamm said:

Probably some “gott strafe England” cards should be an option...

Well, do that without me :). I know that hate speech was common and acceptable back then (so was chute killing :) )and representing it would be historically correct, but that's one thing I'm not doing, because I despise it personnaly and because forum has rules for hate speach (which also means I'm not touching awful lot of Entente postcards). These are simply parts of history I have no interest in recreating. Furthest I go is "positive" propaganda lionizing small-time war criminals :P

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, US103_Talbot said:

Can you make one of hotlead inscribed with "with love to talbot" and have a red lipstick kiss on it for me, please?

🤣

I can't, but got sidetracked by bunch of photos intended for Klugermann, from someone called "Ursula" - my PC overheated when I was working on them and already finished work was lost, but I will get to them.

Meanwhile, second pack is aimed at virtual squadrons and people who fancy keeping photos of (likely dead) old comrades in cockpit.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kd5Dj5XVYmrjt40aDmibpY2O4Wqzs90h/view?usp=sharing

There are 8 photos in this pack, most of them taken in 1917, before FC timeframe:
1xJasta 11 photo (April 1917?)
1xJasta 5 photo (1917?)
1xJasta Boelcke photo (1917)
1x No.56 Squadron photo
2x Escadrille 124 (before they became 103 Aero USAS) photo
1x post-war Polish irregular aviators
1x American volunteer in post-war Polish air force
2019_10_1__19_49_56.thumb.jpg.9dcb0c24b33719b3091be4a255eb2813.jpg

2019_10_1__19_51_36.thumb.jpg.031d49a71bffb444a4b755bbd1b8a3c4.jpg
They are not all tested :). The process is pretty automatic by now. Let me know if something is wrong.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

Damn Al, you're right. My "Photos" in WW2 planes will probably be lists of engine operational parameters.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

Is there a quick how-to to install these? Ditto new ones for the WW2 planes.Is it difficult to do ones own? Period cheesecake for instance,,,Just asking?

images.jpg.dcbdf1d73a94062e1c2870664f41544d.jpg

Edited by Blitzen

Blitzen, that picture is very small. The closer to 1000 pixels hight, the better.

Due to mishap at field post (so unprussian! no wonder it takes us so long to win with standards slipping like that!) I have reveived envelope intended for J5_Klugermann. Inside were 3 photos of "Ursula". I suppose the linked rAR package is really for him, anybody that's not Klugermann and wants to use these photos must prove his provess by flying a Dr.I under the bridge while a wearing absurd lozenge loincloth skin!

Also included in the pack is picture of Mata Hari. You can find it on Wikipedia, so I believe anyone can use it. I should probably warn you it's NSFW, (but it's Mata Hari, there was no safe in her line of work, so why bother).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17htDWzjuVzvG44s4wqgjB99RhFDWEK1s/view?usp=sharing

2019_10_8__0_51_38.thumb.jpg.28437db6e620e3f58876fb0939ce6c04.jpg2019_10_8__0_40_17.thumb.jpg.c273639fcb4aa7c8806914e931ea8ec3.jpg2019_10_8__0_38_4.thumb.jpg.a93b05bad8bc7c37f25106e701b37411.jpg

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Thanks 2

The third pack, more personal photos, of families, fun, home and good memories. All of them happen to be German (I work with what i know), but a kid is a kid, a young woman is a young woman... and an elephant is an elephant. Also included are covers of three period books, if your pilot wants to take one up as good luck charm, I won't judge :).

Photos used:
Boelcke family (Wilhelm, Oswald, their parents)
Brothers Boelcke (detail of above)
Parents Boelcke (detail od above)
Brothers von Richthofen (Manfred, Lothar and Bolko) as kids
Bolko von Richthofen on sled (detail of above)
Manfred von Richthofen as a kid (and what a nice girl he was!)
Boelvke and MvR inspecting captured dh2
wounded Manfred von Richthofen with nurse
Manfred von Richthofen with a young girl
German pilot and young woman
Manfred von Richthofen playing with Moritz
Manfred von Richthofen playing with Moritz with Dr.I in background, last photo of MvR alive
Drunk German pilots
Elephant on airfield in Thorn (my birth city), ridden by two airmen and towing a Roland C.II . Yeah, it happened. The elephant was borrowed from circus to remove dangerous stone from the field, and there was lots of fun.  The stone is still there (repurposed as monument for Polish pilots, because who cares about history not written by victors).
Waterworks of same city of Thorn
Bridge of Thorn
Cover of Ist edition of Der Rote Kampflieger (more for WW2 pilots)
Cover of Jules Verne book
Cover of Winnetou

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGPLwDWnD1wnZwW_ZG7mFDYMasgry3GZ/view?usp=sharing

70794556_2398378656943832_2396482585984237568_o.thumb.jpg.0e10f73f2a795891da9dde2e3564ec15.jpgcustom_photo_manfred_kind.jpg.856790649d271c9d50f5e5bf3c9ffc17.jpgKarl_May_Winnetou_I_bis_III_001.thumb.jpg.4fc3d3f95a1d1c29b4c7669c21126830.jpglotnisko_slon.jpg.8f25ac228e34bf24bafe7d334ab6935e.jpg

338306.jpg

custom_photo_Mvr_girls.jpg

custom_photo_Mvr_LvR_BvR.jpg

germanww1_2648557b.jpg

custom_photo_MvR_Boelcke.JPG

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

I just found one that you might like in your own cockpit, Trupobaw:

il_fullxfull.176993338.jpg

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Haha 4