HarleyDavidson

Trim controls wont work with new patch

Anyone having issues with some bindings?  My Spit IX mixture, trim etc won't work after the patch. They were working before it so I'm not sure what has changed, I've even tried rebinding but nothing so far....

Cheers

Edited by HarleyDavidson

It appears to be an issue that was reported in the technical section, mine also quit working😞

Are they on an axis or switches?

My X52 Pro roll switches are no longer usable for trip.  Rotaries are fine and binding trim to 2 way switches are fine for all.  There are now 3 lots of Elevator Trim bindings you can do.

What I am finding handy is key/stick switch combo bindings.  I can use Alt/CTRL/Shift for different groups on my stick.

There is a new trim setting for axis. You just need to set them up but I have noticed and I may be imagining it but they way trim reports in tech chat has now flipped i.e. neg is now pos and pos is neg..

• Like 1

The new setting thing is for new planes only anyways, I think. Tried some 109s and 190s and the trim still do work, while didnt work on the 3 new planes.

5 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

The new setting thing is for new planes only anyways, I think. Tried some 109s and 190s and the trim still do work, while didnt work on the 3 new planes.

Yes there is a new setting called trim axis. Just bind that and you are good to go. 

What I will say though is that it seems like tech chat is reporting the trim as opposite as it was before.

2 hours ago, HarleyDavidson said:

Anyone having issues with some bindings?  My Spit IX mixture, trim etc won't work after the patch. They were working before it so I'm not sure what has changed, I've even tried rebinding but nothing so far....

Cheers

Had the same problem - thought it was because the new planes might use a trim axis, but I had this issue also with the other planes, which worked fine before.

Solution:

Assign the trim buttons/switches you already used before the update for the "new" trim axis. I did this and now everything is fine and dandy.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sadly this does not help me as my throttle console has rotating buttons that give very quick (some milliseconds) inputs when it rotates and that is not long time enough. As now it needs to keep it pressed for a some time to be registered by IL-2

4 minutes ago, Hanu said:

Sadly this does not help me as my throttle console has rotating buttons that give very quick (some milliseconds) inputs when it rotates and that is not long time enough. As now it needs to keep it pressed for a some time to be registered by IL-2

and that is why they do it the way they do. To stop people speeding up trim....

1 minute ago, AeroAce said:

and that is why they do it the way they do. To stop people speeding up trim....

Totally incorrect; it was not fast to trim before (a lot slower than holding down the keyboard), now you cannot use it in those buttons.

2 minutes ago, Hanu said:

Totally incorrect; it was not fast to trim before (a lot slower than holding down the keyboard), now you cannot use it in those buttons.

1 what is a rotating button?

2 "As now it needs to keep it pressed for a some time to be registered by IL-2" 

That is what you want

5 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

1 what is a rotating button?

2 "As now it needs to keep it pressed for a some time to be registered by IL-2" 

That is what you want

1. Digital rotary encoder axis  - a knob that rotates and gives digital inputs while rotating

2. When binded into axis, the time it gives the input is now too short to get it registered. You roll the knob and maybe occasionally you see trim to register, but it is unusable. It worked fine before when it had to be binded ONLY to digital buttons. But when it needs also the axis binding, it does not seem to work as before.

5 hours ago, HarleyDavidson said:

Cheers

4 hours ago, Panp said:

It appears to be an issue that was reported in the technical section, mine also quit working😞

1 hour ago, Hanu said:

1. Digital rotary encoder axis  - a knob that rotates and gives digital inputs while rotating

2. When binded into axis, the time it gives the input is now too short to get it registered. You roll the knob and maybe occasionally you see trim to register, but it is unusable. It worked fine before when it had to be binded ONLY to digital buttons. But when it needs also the axis binding, it does not seem to work as before.

Here is a picture to clarify things a little bit:

1951727142_Newtrimoptions.thumb.jpg.3602648fa492638d28b8f20241a90666.jpg

As you can see, I just bound my two existing, separate buttons for each trim movement to the new trim axis function. Hope the sketchy drawing helps.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

As you can see, I just bound my two existing, separate buttons for each trim movement to the new trim axis function. Hope the sketchy drawing helps.

Correct, I had to make the same changes, works fine now.

1 hour ago, -=-THERION said:

Here is a picture to clarify things a little bit:

1951727142_Newtrimoptions.thumb.jpg.3602648fa492638d28b8f20241a90666.jpg

Yes, I did just that from the beginning like instructed in patch notes, but sadly it does not seem to solve my case. I have to troubleshoot more in the evening, but I'm feeling in my setup this is because the button is "held down" so small amount of time when it triggers.

Sadly it did not work for me as well.

Using the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle.

I can bind it to buttons but not to the hat switches.

Edited by =[TIA]=Yujin

1 hour ago, =[TIA]=Yujin said:

Sadly it did not work for me as well.

Using the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle.

I can bind it to buttons but not to the hat switches.

I'm using the same throttle, I have the forward switch under the middle finger as elevator up/down.

then the top hat i have pov 0 and pov 180 as rudder bias (yaw trim)

then pov 270 and pov 90 as aileron (roll) trim, works fine for me?

though it's worth noting i had to delete/overwrite the default options not just add it as a secondary, i was having issues with the elevator trim until I did this.

All good info.  

I'm using Thrustmaster t16000m  stick, throttle and pedals.  I used the stick top hat for elevator trim in the 0  180 positions, the Throttle has a small wheel by the pinky finger that was mixture.    The throttle hat switches for the thumb still work for gear up and down etc, but some of the buttons don't work for the assignments I've given them.

8 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

Solution:

Assign the trim buttons/switches you already used before the update for the "new" trim axis. I did this and now everything is fine and dandy.

Cheers

Solved it for me after half a day of head scratching. :drinks:

On 10/1/2019 at 2:18 AM, Hanu said:

I am having the same issue. right now I need to rotate the encoder knob 1 1/2 times to get a 1% trim change. Let me know if you find a solution.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:43 AM, Hanu said:

You can just go look for the Input.cfg file and bind it manually (I think that input.cfg  is the name of where your controls get stored but i forget)

Hope this helps!

On 10/1/2019 at 3:43 AM, blitze said:

Are they on an axis or switches?

My X52 Pro roll switches are no longer usable for trip.  Rotaries are fine and binding trim to 2 way switches are fine for all.  There are now 3 lots of Elevator Trim bindings you can do.

What I am finding handy is key/stick switch combo bindings.  I can use Alt/CTRL/Shift for different groups on my stick.

I have an X52 and everything works but I am using them for different functions than you. I don't know if that makes a difference.   I have trim on my upper-left hat,  the switches on the JS base are used for the radiator & cowl flaps etc. The rotaries on the throttle unit are used for RPM and convergence (I might change that as it is a waste for something that should only be changed once but OTOH once set it does not need to be redone at every spawn)

Yes, pitch is reversed but only so far as what number is shown. I have to set a big negative elevator pitch to hold a climb but as long as you ignore the sign it is not a big issue. 

Hmmmm…. this isn't working for me.

After the update I can map elevator trim axis to a rotary but not to a pair of buttons. 

Strangely, I can map oil radiator to buttons. Huh?

Something odd going on.

The settings screen detects the encoder OK its just when playing there is a problem

On 10/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, [1/KG]_Cathal_Brugha said:

I am having the same issue. right now I need to rotate the encoder knob 1 1/2 times to get a 1% trim change. Let me know if you find a solution.

3.201b hotfix seems to fix this one for me. Now it works as before.

Hello all,

The problem I'm having is that previously, my elevator trim was mapped to the R SHFT Cursor keys. With the new patch this was changed so that they are mapped to the R CTL Cursor keys. At first this looks like a very small issue but the thing is, while the newer kites don't have a problem, elevator trim in older aircraft still have the function mapped to R SHFT Cursor keys even though they no longer appear in the keyboard settings list. 

Weird...

Edited by =CFC=Conky

X52 Pro. I use the centre 8-way HAT on the joystick.

Before the update I used the mouse type rotary wheel on the throttle, but after v3.201 that didn't work anymore. The HAT is better though.

5 hours ago, =CFC=Conky said:

The problem I'm having is that previously, my elevator trim was mapped to the R SHFT Cursor keys.

You control fly using keyboard, instead mouse or gamepad, joystick?

6 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

You control fly using keyboard, instead mouse or gamepad, joystick?

I fly using a CH hot as setup, mapping commands to it though the control manager software. I tried mapping the trim directly though the joystick but that did not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Conky

12 hours ago, =CFC=Conky said:

....elevator trim in older aircraft still have the function mapped to R SHFT Cursor keys even though they no longer appear in the keyboard settings list. 

You are not using keymapper software? Perhaps is this that are making this "ghost" command.

I test this RShift + cursor keys - in LaGG-3, a older aircraft, and this don't control elevator trim, only the keys that I assigned after latest update.

9 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

You are not using keymapper software? Perhaps is this that are making this "ghost" command.

I test this RShift + cursor keys - in LaGG-3, a older aircraft, and this don't control elevator trim, only the keys that I assigned after latest update.

Hi Sokol1,

If you are speaking about the in-game settings software then yes, I've tried re-assigning the keystrokes but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried re-mapping the commands with the CH Control Manager and for some reason it doesn't work either for all aircraft. In the end I've had to build two control profiles, one using the RShift + cursor keys and one using RCtrl + cursor keys. This isn't a huge problem as long as I'm running Win7 but the CH Control Manager software doesn't work in Win10, which will be a real pain when I build a new computer. 

Assigning the commands directly from the joystick using the in-game settings software doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks!

Conky

Edited by =CFC=Conky

24 minutes ago, =CFC=Conky said:

If you are speaking about the in-game settings software then yes, I've tried re-assigning the keystrokes but it doesn't seem to work.

Strange, mine are all remapped, using "FPS" keys (WASD):

IL2-GB-trims.jpg

A and D for all type of rudder trim

W and S for all type of elevator, stabilizer adjust trim

Cursor left and right for aileron trim.

LAlt+S reset trims (LAlt in this case is for avoid unintentional reset) - but I rarely use this, don't make much sense.

I think that if you are using Manager and don't set joy buttons as DX buttons they are not visible in games, with try use HAT in game controls don't work.

Anyway if you are using Manager is because want keyboard emulation, so don't need DX buttons.

Edited by Sokol1

4 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Strange, mine are all remapped, using "FPS" keys (WASD):

IL2-GB-trims.jpg

A and D for all type of rudder trim

W and S for all type of elevator, stabilizer adjust trim

Cursor left and right for aileron trim.

LAlt+S reset trims (LAlt in this case is for avoid unintentional reset) - but I rarely use this, don't make much sense.

I think that if you are using Manager and don't set joy buttons as DX buttons they are not visible in games, with try use HAT in game controls don't work.

Anyway if you are using Manager is because want keyboard emulation, so don't need DX buttons.

Hi Sokol1,

I'll try that thanks.

Conky

To my X-56 HOTAS friends. Whatever controls you intend to use as "buttons" make sure you have identified them as "buttons" in the x-56's software. That was my problem.-------------- Also, when you are mapping these buttons as an axis (in plane control settings) it's a quick,split second, click-click. If you hesitate, the game may assign the first button twice.

Once I got My Logitech software sorted out,  I was able to rebind the X-56 as advised by -=-THERION.  Trim issue resolved, life is good again.

Annotation 2019-10-18 075228.jpg

Edited by Gustaf

On 10/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, HarleyDavidson said:

All good info.  

I'm using Thrustmaster t16000m  stick, throttle and pedals.  I used the stick top hat for elevator trim in the 0  180 positions, the Throttle has a small wheel by the pinky finger that was mixture.    The throttle hat switches for the thumb still work for gear up and down etc, but some of the buttons don't work for the assignments I've given them.

I also use the Thrustmaster t16000m stick, throttle and pedals and the problem I have is that I cannot configure the pedals axis for the right and left wheel brakes, I have edited the current.map file and manually added the axis and not there is a way, they work well in other simulators, so they are not broken. If I use other axis, including the Z axis of the pedal, it recognizes me without problemas. 
Greetings and thank you