Jump to content
sevenless

WOW on Physiology

Recommended Posts

For the moment, only USAAF pilots have a G-suit ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After flying some online missions, I can say , this sim has become a lot of fun now, and more realistic and immersive than ever.

I kind of stop flying online as much because  those unrealistic UFO maneuvers ,were not realistic at all and an immersion killer.

 

Now air combat looks like what you see in gun cam footage.

 

Pilot physiology its the best improvement to the game, and by reading this thread , I am glad to see  most people are linking it.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

After flying some online missions, I can say , this sim has become a lot of fun now, and more realistic and immersive than ever.

I kind of stop flying online as much because  those unrealistic UFO maneuvers ,were not realistic at all and an immersion killer.

 

Now air combat looks like what you see in gun cam footage.

 

Pilot physiology its the best improvement to the game, and by reading this thread , I am glad to see  most people are linking it.

I really enjoyed it, especially in the way the onset of blackout happens differently depending on how you maneuver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not sure about this when it was announced, but yes it is a game changer and cuts down on unrealistic maneuvers.

 

You now have to think of G-resistance like ammo and use the hard maneuvers sparingly.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the new physiology.  The breathing is very loud compared to what a normal human being could achieve when sitting so close to a roaring aero engine, but apart from that one minor detail it is to me a very welcome addition to the game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i fly in Dora i have near a blackouts and blackouts, but in Bf109 i have breathing sound before the vision is greyed/blacked. Why i dont have those breathing sounds in Dora?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

When i fly in Dora i have near a blackouts and blackouts, but in Bf109 i have breathing sound before the vision is greyed/blacked. Why i dont have those breathing sounds in Dora?

 

Because it is too sudden i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martin077 said:

 

Because it is too sudden i think

Ok thanks, its strange because im very gentle now with the joystick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

When i fly in Dora i have near a blackouts and blackouts, but in Bf109 i have breathing sound before the vision is greyed/blacked. Why i dont have those breathing sounds in Dora?

 

Test the limit. Stick movement is most likely to agressive. Pull more gentle and you see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 7:08 AM, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

Actually battles against AI in QMB is too hell boring now. 5 battles against Yak1 AI, Average difficulty. 3 in a 109F4, 2 in a 190A3. I won all the 5 battles... But I didnt shot anything, the Yak crashed because of hard maneuvering all those 5 times. Its quite boring honestly, I dont remember reading it was like that in real life, pilots tended to be more careful on controls I guess, but maybe Im wrong.

 

You have to let the AI get used to the new effects as well. I'm sure they won't do that anymore after a few weeks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it feel like pilots are really resistant to negative G? I had a hard time even getting to the point of losing control from negative G, and usually my engine would give in before the pilot would.

 

Isn't it supposed to be way harder to handle than positive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sevenless said:

 

Test the limit. Stick movement is most likely to agressive. Pull more gentle and you see.

 

Im very gentle with my beloved Dora and I have improved a lot with the new phys feature, but still breathing sound is very rare in this bird.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sgt_Joch said:

I was not sure about this when it was announced, but yes it is a game changer and cuts down on unrealistic maneuvers.

 

You now have to think of G-resistance like ammo and use the hard maneuvers sparingly.

 

Yup.  I was very uneasy about implementing this feature, but now, after flying it, I find it's a great feature.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I really like the new physiology.  The breathing is very loud compared to what a normal human being could achieve when sitting so close to a roaring aero engine, but apart from that one minor detail it is to me a very welcome addition to the game.

 

Think of it as the voices in your head and that you are raaaaaaid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I've flown with physiology on, I can never fly without it again.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

 

Im very gentle with my beloved Dora and I have improved a lot with the new phys feature, but still breathing sound is very rare in this bird.

 

I still struggle with the Tempest and my bad habbit to pull excessive Gs. I´ve darted this fine bird more than once into mother earth so far. I guess it needs time to adapt and get rid of bad habbits.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sevenless said:

 

I still struggle with the Tempest and my bad habbit to pull excessive Gs. I´ve darted this fine bird more than once into mother earth so far. I guess it needs time to adapt and get rid of bad habbits.

I lawndarted twice tonight in the tempest so I feel your pain.

 

i also had a really interesting experience. I got bounced and hit really hard by a D9 in my P47. The cannon shells tore off the tail and flipped me inverted so fast I blacked out from the g forces. I came too about ten seconds later, wounded and in an inverted spin with the wind whistling in the cockpit through the shattered canopy. I was able to bail out because I was upside down and basically fell out of the cockpit.. It was easily the most unsettling thing that’s happened to me in this game. The new pilot physiology added a lot to that.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is consciousness affected by head position/angle ?  If you're quickly moving head left to right etc, or looking back over your shoulder, rather than being in a "good" "G" resistant posture is your tolerance reduced ?

 

From what I understand the game does include a fatigue factor in "G" resistance capacity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For full description of the feature head to one of the DDs. But yes, you can pull medium Gs without blacking out but the longer you do it without resting your pilot, the easier it gets for you to lose it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

When i fly in Dora i have near a blackouts and blackouts, but in Bf109 i have breathing sound before the vision is greyed/blacked. Why i dont have those breathing sounds in Dora?

 

The 190 was the most difficult one from my quick mission attempts, compared to any other plane. Consider the speed you're going at, at 500+ the instantaneous pull rate of the 190 destroys the slow and stiff 109 so it gives you more stiffness not to screw up. 

 

The 190 you feel like you went too far, THEN you let go of the stick, THEN you pass out, there is quite a large delay if the speed is large and the motion is harsh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to remember the FW190 A and D are all very responsive at high speeds and historically required very little control input.

 

Those airframes can dish out more than the human body can take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we go again..

a big update, and a “new” game is here..

almost 7 years in this game, and another 10years from previous il2 game we have used to some standards, and one day an update comes and tell to all us “guys look,all this time you’re playing a wrong game with totally wrong G-effects, and now we represent to you all the real ones which are about 200-300% more than any other all those years”...

Maybe if you represent to us the research you made and the results about those new G factors, we will be convinced that all those years we were playing a fairy tale.. Salute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

And here we go again..

a big update, and a “new” game is here..

almost 7 years in this game, and another 10years from previous il2 game we have used to some standards, and one day an update comes and tell to all us “guys look,all this time you’re playing a wrong game with totally wrong G-effects, and now we represent to you all the real ones which are about 200-300% more than any other all those years”...

Maybe if you represent to us the research you made and the results about those new G factors, we will be convinced that all those years we were playing a fairy tale.. Salute!

If you read the DD they do show some of the research they used. If you don’t like it just turn off the physiology and call it a day.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

 

Maybe if you represent to us the research you made and the results about those new G factors, we will be convinced that all those years we were playing a fairy tale.. Salute!

 

I was convinced of that before the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

And here we go again..

a big update, and a “new” game is here..

almost 7 years in this game, and another 10years from previous il2 game we have used to some standards, and one day an update comes and tell to all us “guys look,all this time you’re playing a wrong game with totally wrong G-effects, and now we represent to you all the real ones which are about 200-300% more than any other all those years”...

Maybe if you represent to us the research you made and the results about those new G factors, we will be convinced that all those years we were playing a fairy tale.. Salute!

 

In my opinion this update with optional physiology effects is one of the best improvements concerning what I'm experiencing and seeing from the Ai's and my flying style. It has actually improved my energy retention skills and made me think a lot more about being patient and setting my kills up with more diligence. The days of Yanking and banking , throwing the thing around like Darth Vader's tie fighter without consequences is over. Kudos to the Developers for this added feature.

                                               Just to also add, what I'm sometimes seeing from the Ai concerning the sudden momentary  "lame duck" style of flying after hard maneuvering is reminiscent of what I have seen on gun cam footage, so maybe not all those kills we see are sneekos but in fact the end result of a hard fight, just a thought.

Edited by bzc3lk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

Maybe if you represent to us the research you made and the results about those new G factors, we will be convinced that all those years we were playing a fairy tale.. Salute!

Here you go.

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we all know about those G-factor graphs, and for sure those graphs has nothing to do with the last update..

Just one example, two rolls in a row with 450klm in game and you will blacked out in 2 sec..

come on now..even an untrained girl can do better than this.. 

anyway, have fun..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

we all know about those G-factor graphs, and for sure those graphs has nothing to do with the last update..

Just one example, two rolls in a row with 450klm in game and you will blacked out in 2 sec..

come on now..even an untrained girl can do better than this.. 

anyway, have fun..

If there's an implementation issue you think is wrong, report it. Why needed to ditch the whole system because of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 3:21 PM, II./JG77_motoadve said:

After flying some online missions, I can say , this sim has become a lot of fun now, and more realistic and immersive than ever.

I kind of stop flying online as much because  those unrealistic UFO maneuvers ,were not realistic at all and an immersion killer.

 

Now air combat looks like what you see in gun cam footage.

 

Pilot physiology its the best improvement to the game, and by reading this thread , I am glad to see  most people are linking it.

Well, in any case it was surprising.....

Pulling into a sharp turn, my cockpit screen went black on the spot. First I thought of a graphics bug and using the outside view my pilot avatar showed the "killed" animation.

So I went oil drilling by ramming my 109 into the ground with 600 kph because you loose control completely during a blackout.

Basically I appreciate the new feature since it adds more realism to the game, but playing around with it made me a little suspicious about whether or not the AI pilots also blackout and redout.

In more than one case they flew even tighter turns at high speed than me and I noticed no sign of blackout on them while my own avatar already made a little combat nap.

Did anyone notice that, too?

Perhaps adding steroids as a player option to fight blackouts...😎

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

we all know about those G-factor graphs, and for sure those graphs has nothing to do with the last update..

Just one example, two rolls in a row with 450klm in game and you will blacked out in 2 sec..

come on now..even an untrained girl can do better than this.. 

anyway, have fun..

 

Sorry I'm calling Bullshit on this one!  Just tested this with Fw190a3, yak3, P51, clipped wing IX, Bf109, Tempest ,La5 with speed ranges from 300Km/h to 600Km/h and didn't get even a grunt sound or a hint of a grey out. The only time I started to grey out was when I induced elevator when in the roll, progressing to a spin and then into a flat spin.  This untrained girl you refer to must be the sister of Darth Vader who  likes to yank and bank her tie fighter with no consequences because your example above is just not repeatable I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably just upset that elevator trim bound to the pitch axis won't produce bat turns anymore without ending in a sudden rapid disassembly of his aircraft as it interfaces with terra firma.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

He's probably just upset that elevator trim bound to the pitch axis won't produce bat turns anymore without ending in a sudden rapid disassembly of his aircraft as it interfaces with terra firma.

 

I think you hit the nail on the head. :salute:

Never before have I ever been that straight and called "bullshit" on the net with someones comment and man I have seen some beauties in my time, but this is pure  unadulterated bullshit! The days of gaming the game, stick w#nking, Darth's tie fighter manoeuvres  without consequences are over and I hope the Dev's don't bow to the "Warthunder" crowd and fiddle/tame this feature down due to the screaming/crying .

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

And here we go again..

 

Yep - here we go.

Another inane diatribe.

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do different levels of A.I pilot have different "G" tolerance levels, Ace has high tolerance and novice has limited tolerance ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...