Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

15 minutes ago, danielprates said:

This Napier Sabre engine is the one that was developed from the failed 'vulture' that powered the Avro Manchester, right? If so, it has 24 cylinders in a double-V configuration, is that right?

Nope. The Sabre was an H-Block configuration. Nothing to do with the Vulture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Sabre

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

2019_9_30__22_28_25.jpg.162aa42536ce28a59c5f509c912dd29f.jpg

One bridge too far?

Took a quick trip over the Maastricht-Aachen-Cologne-Bonn area.

Liked what I saw.

Make sure you set up thuse new trim-axes!

The Mustang feels great!

Just landed at Asbach. Gonna have an Uralt or two to get me un-excited and sleepy again...😁

That is a beautiful pic. 

6 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Nope. The Sabre was an H-Block configuration. Nothing to do with the Vulture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napier_Sabre

The wikipedia page about the Manchester says something along the lines I mentioned but probably it was an over-simplification. 

The one that powered the Tempest had how many cylinders? 

Edited by danielprates

another thing I noticed is if you do not take a full load of fuel in the Mustang (65-70%) only the wing tanks have gas......... the one behind the pilot is empty.... thus no CG problems during maneuvers..........  and finding the gauges is a pain... LOL...

Does anyone know who I need to contact so I can gain access to the career mode for BOBP ahead of time? Maybe as a tester? I'm a med student and my semester starts on October 27th, by the time the career mode gets released I'll be back in school and won't have the time to play it. It's really disappointing! I was looking forward for it for so long! 

Lol the new American and British voices creep me out.. I keep thinking someone is trying to talk to me over discord but it’s not on..

these new new planes are crazy... I’m so happy so far. And the new map is beautiful, so many bridges... 

5 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

And the new map is beautiful, so many bridges... 

Yeah...and not a single ship, boat, tug or any kind of shipping vessel. Did anybody noticed that? The Rhine is empty.....

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

I know it is only fighting ai but it is great fun seeing the 190s trying to drive and run from the tempest 😀. It's like where the hell do ya think your going... Love it.

4 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Yeah...and not a single ship, boat, tug or any kind of shipping vessel. Did anybody noticed that? The Rhine is empty.....

That's one of the things yet to come to life in this flightsim: life. It's a ghost world. Would love to see some populated airfields in the QMB. Something for a future update I hope.

That said, what we do have is very nicely done indeed. The new planes are top shelf! That P38 is lovely!

• Upvote 3

Finally after more than 5 hours download time with blood and tears I had the chance to get an impression and play around a bit. I am speechless. The new Soundengine (which changed a lot of sounds just by noances like all MG's and CN's) is great. And each of the three new birds is looking for his equal.
I also noticed that you can see the muzzle flashes through the dashboard in the D9 now, incredibly great :D.
So far I have mixed results with the cities at the moment (with ultra settings the computer has some problems just low above the city).  Still a crazy feeling, I can only thank you for all the time and love you put into this project. It was worth every cent and I am looking forward to the coming months. But please take a well deserved break :)

That's why I like Steam. I didn't download anything. When I went to fly the game....HOT DAMN! I had a P-38 Lightning! Didn't even know the update had been released. Really nice surprise.

The Lightning, Mustang, and Tempest fly great. I took them all up for a while and did some take offs and landings and didn't prang a single one. Very nice. Map looks terrific and I'm gonna go back and set up some quick missions. 

Thanks devs....looks like some fun is about to be had.

Oh, did I mention that I love my P-38 Lightning?

3 hours ago, DN308 said:

I was sure someone will tell me that...

Wasn't sure of me writing that, and bam! I get it right on my nose...

I have to check my planes knowledge...

My bad, sorry.

Ok, that's clear now. Thanks

Not to worry. I have often been corrected on these forums. As long as it is respectful it is both part of the learning process and community building.

Posted (edited)

OH I lost my left wing only turning the Tempest at deck. 😟

Distant Buildings is Great. Thanks developers !!

Now I must try it online !!!

🦁

🦕

Edited by [LAS]URU-Panzer

1 hour ago, blamblamstick said:

Does anyone know who I need to contact so I can gain access to the career mode for BOBP ahead of time? Maybe as a tester? I'm a med student and my semester starts on October 27th, by the time the career mode gets released I'll be back in school and won't have the time to play it. It's really disappointing! I was looking forward for it for so long! 

keep your eyes on the PWCG elsewhere in these forums.

So my Gf was watching me play and I was explaining the new AI improvements as well as I can, and all of a sudden my P-38 cockpit turns red and there is fire.......two 109g6s had bounced me while I thought I was well away from the fight. Also watched a wingman smoke a 190d and pass close under me, can't say it's perfect but what an improvement 

Posted (edited)

Well I'm into 1hr 40minutes so far and at about 40%. I'm paying for a 1.0Gbs speed, but I just did a speed check and I am only getting 20% of that speed.  It is an Ethernet connection land line so WTF.  Could be the modem need replacement or a reboot.  Well not now on the reboot. 

Thanks for letting me vent.:wacko:

Oh BTW great job BOX team.:good:

Edited by Taxman

Am I doing something wrong or should I still be getting WWII tanks on the Arras map even when flying WWI planes in the QMB?

6 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I'm paying for a 1.0Gbs speed, but I just did a speed check and I am only getting 20% of that speed.  It is an Ethernet connection land line so WTF. 

Man, I've had it for hours. In fact; I'm now bored with it. When's the next one come out? ;)

1 hour ago, blamblamstick said:

Does anyone know who I need to contact so I can gain access to the career mode for BOBP ahead of time? 

Doctor Strange

HI THERE , SWEET PATCH , THE PLANES ARE GREAT  THE B25 LOOK GOOD TO GO, THE NEW VOICES WAS A NICE TREAT, THE DIFFRENT SHADE OF THE SKY AND MAP ARE WOW,,LIKE THE WAS YOU DONE THE FACTOURES , SO AS YOU MORE OR LESS NO IT IS THE TARGET, THERE SO MUCH MORE TO TAKE IN OVER THE NEXT FEW DAY IF THERE IS BUGS THERE SMALL IM SURE ,THE TESTERS DONE A GOOD JOB ,BUT THE DEVS HAVE WON THE DAY, GREAT JOB JASON AND TEAM , THANKYOU .

Jesus, this be much bigger than I ever imagined. Kudos devs, I hereby award you the order of “Best Bloody Devs Ever”.

• Upvote 1

I've just scratched the surface so far, but definitely liking the new rocket sounds!  Lots of new goodies to be had, quite unexpected but graciously thankful the older games are just not being forgotten! 

Thanks for for the hard work for all involved.  I will show my gratitude once again come this Friday, which is payday. 😜

Photo change, take it from main update post

P.S.

To add a custom photo to your airplane or tank cockpit you should replace existing default DDS image by another one in:

<game_folder>\data\graphics\planes\<airplane_folder>\textures\custom_photo.dds

or

<game_folder>\data\graphics\vehicles\<_tank_folder>\textures\custom_photo.dds

DDS image should be 1024x1024 in DXT5 ARGB 8bpp with mip-maps

Just came home after a real s**t day at work, but you guys just made my day! Thanks!

Posted (edited)

*** Aircraft and ships are visible much farther than before - theoretically, they can be spotted as far as 100 km away if there are fire, contrails or a ship wake; ***

***Sun glare from distant aircraft is visible better;***

***New 'Distant buildings' option added;***

It feels softer without FPS stuttering too , thanks is wonderful , it's a new combat experience .

Edited by [LAS]URU-Panzer

Now if I can just get my hands on the 51’s template......oh yeah

Damn, I stayed up late today hoping for a release, then by noon (I work overnights) I had to force myself to lay down because the update had not dropped yet. I wake up this evening and BOOM....there it is....now that I have a 10 hour shift ahead of me. Needless to say, I started the update before I left, so it should be good when I get home in the morning.

This is going to be the longest night of work EVER!!! :dash:

Thanks for the update everyone! Your hard work is appreciated!!

• Upvote 1

Remember folks, the maps are released but I am sure we will see updates down the line. 

Pilot Physiology is a huge boost to the behaviour in sim and the AI are greatly improved too.

If you take the P51 up for a QMB fight, make sure you only take under 300 liters of fuel, she is very capable with a light load and combat flaps.

Take FC for a spin, the AI is a hoot and those old crates turn on a dime.  Very entertaining and challenging.

For Index and Pimax VR owners, canted display support.  Makes a huge difference for Pimax users, not sure about Index people though but it should help.

Il2, getting better and better.  A huge thank you / Spaciba to the Devs.👍

Posted (edited)

Had some quick sorties with the new content. The new western front looks good to my first impressions, probrably prefer this to the old one. Looks bumpier. Looks more akin to fields that have been shelled. Looks ore alive (at least in the QB) with the shellfire and wire obstacles and forts dotted about supplanting the trenches. :good:

Does everyone else find that the British (and American) voices are omitting out the callsigns in thier messages such as Hawk or Hurricane. Is this down to work in progress, intended workings, or bug (no worries if so of course, its not scandalous)? Heres hoping also that some intrepid modders can take those British/American voices and make another "English Radio Chatter Voice Pack" that replaces the Russian voices with the new British/American voices. ;)

Edited by Oliver88

3 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Am I doing something wrong or should I still be getting WWII tanks on the Arras map even when flying WWI planes in the QMB?

You will be getting WW2 AAA as well ....  the QMB needs a FC template that is not yet there: perhaps a limited menu on the Arras map, or better a tick box that restricts all plane and/or ground units to WW1 types only which could be used on any map.  Most of the building blocks are now in place - except perhaps UK/Can ground units?  - but the systems need a few tweaks.  I also curious how/if the ME can make Arras look like it did in 1918 - which was more like Stalingrad from Chapter 1.

A huge amount to digest in this update, and of course it is still WIP.   For now, 150 octane Spitfire and +11 Tempest. :) 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

is the trim value bugged or intended? i'ts showing negative value on the right hand side. and its giving me pitch up

Edited by 69th_Ustio

7 minutes ago, 69th_Ustio said:

is the trim value bugged or intended? i'm showing negative value on the right hand side. and its giving me pitch up

The DD mentioned that the elevator trim direction was reversed for some tech reason beyond my comprehension. Just rebind your keys to get the effect you want.

2 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

The DD mentioned that the elevator trim direction was reversed for some tech reason beyond my comprehension. Just rebind your keys to get the effect you want.

ah yes. i missed that one 

Im finding my Trim up and down options aren't even working. i rebound to the new ones and they dont work. any ideas?

Thanks to development team for this great update. but one I really doubt, are you sure the engine sound of bf109 is improved? I feel the spectrum is not as plentiful as it before. it sounds like low frequency sewing machine now.

• Sad 1