Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

Game keeps crashing for me unfortunately. Running it on balanced, with i5-6600k, radeon 580 8gbs, 16gbs ram and windows 10.

Updated to latest drivers, but no improvement.

Edit: I 'm getting a message "the instruction at reference memory could not be written..." then a number (the number is not the same everytime).

Any clues on how to solve this?

Edited by [DBS]airdoc

Awesome ... that tempest is a work of art ...awesome ...well done all for your hard work😁

2 minutes ago, =X51=LilBoiJonas said:

Am I the only one that cant download the patch? I have been trying to download this for around two hours now to no avail. Steam is stuck at trying to patch the game and I have no idea how to even fix this.

Try to change the server in the Steam options. Also, go into downloads and just push IL-2 to the top to download.

Just now, Mmaruda said:

Try to change the server in the Steam options. Also, go into downloads and just push IL-2 to the top to download.

Already done that, Steam is just trying to unpack it. I see no disk usage and steam just tries to stop the installation as well. I'm not the only one encountering this problem appearantly.

The P-51 feels great so far. Very fast even down low. I've had little problem keeping on the tail of the Fw-190d. Feels very responsive. Very agile. I'm loving it. Great job. 

3 minutes ago, =X51=LilBoiJonas said:

Already done that, Steam is just trying to unpack it. I see no disk usage and steam just tries to stop the installation as well. I'm not the only one encountering this problem appearantly.

Server overload no doubt, be patient... (says the guy who already has it installed...)

46. It is now possible to assign a trim axis if it was controlled by an axis on a real aircraft (control wheel or lever). The speed of the trim axis is still limited and depends on the aircraft, similar to the adjustable stabilizer. If you use joystick buttons or keyboard for controlling such trimmers, please assign these keys not only to electric trimmers but also to this trim axis;
49. New commands for retraction and extension of the landing gear added;

YES! Thank you for this!

Now where to put the extra rotaries I'll need for my La-5... 🤔

Had some time in the Tempest (11lbs), Spit and P-51 (both at 150 octane). Safe to say that the Tempest will make the shortest work of 262s. The Spit with 25lbs basically doesn't lose energy in well coordinated turns and absolutely shredded the AI K-4 at the same fuel setting. The P-51 is a really fun all-rounder as well.

Like getting a complete new game. And I get to fly over my home town.

23 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

have you tried from a different map or location just in case you have found somewhere cant roll out of

No I did just from the same place, the most down right airfield on the map. I will try from another spot later but now I have to catch some sleep ;) 

15 minutes ago, szelljr said:

:biggrin:

Hide contents

2019-9-30-21-5-1.jpg2019-9-30-21-18-9.jpg2019-9-30-21-33-43.jpg2019-9-30-21-35-17.jpg

Cockpit photo of Charlie Chaplin in the P38?

Anyone having issues with zoom with the 3dmigoto mod (with VR)? 

It seems to zoom but only the propeller, landing lights, etc...  nothing else.. 

Otherwise, the mustang is a beauty, especially with that 332nd paint scheme :P

1 minute ago, Gamble said:

Anyone having issues with zoom with the 3dmigoto mod (with VR)? 

It seems to zoom but only the propeller, landing lights, etc...  nothing else.. 

Otherwise, the mustang is a beauty, especially with that 332nd paint scheme :P

the mod usually needs updating after any new release. give the creator a day or two!

16 minutes ago, =X51=LilBoiJonas said:

Am I the only one that cant download the patch? I have been trying to download this for around two hours now to no avail. Steam is stuck at trying to patch the game and I have no idea how to even fix this.

It took me only four and a half hours to succesfully d/l the patch with a 50 MB line only to discover: all my replays are fu****, if I load them anyway, my pc crashes, the Tempest from the inside sounds like a lawn mower... so far, I´m not impressed by  the update, and since it has been  only two years of waiting so far for today... sigh...I don´t want to discover more underwhelming items so far... Over and out! Maybe see you guys tomorrow.

My thoughts are... Well, not really all that hyped. Maybe I just expected more (like seasons on maps), and definitely I will be able to enjoy the sim more, when there is actual missions and career. So far the Mustang sounds rub me the wrong way. Engine sounds weird and the .50 cals sound different than other planes that use them. Again weird. Not bad, just unfamiliar.

Ground handling is obviously boss here, DCS has them baked, while here it's just... organic and feels right. The FM feels less gnarly than DCS and I feel it's a good thing, considering what I have read about the machine. Tempest is... cool I guess, don't know much about it. I missed the P-38. A friend pointed it out to me and I was so mad, too late now, need to go to sleep. Enjoy the sim, all you great people!

1 minute ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

It took me only four and a half hours to succesfully d/l the patch with a 50 MB line only to discover: all my replays are fu****, if I load them anyway, my pc crashes, the Tempest from the inside sounds like a lawn mower... so far, I´m not impressed by  the update, and since it has been  only two years of waiting so far for today... sigh...I don´t want to discover more underwhelming items so far... Over and out! Maybe see you guys tomorrow.

I can't even apply the patch, even though I have downloaded the patch three times over again. This patch must be majorly f*cked if you can't even unpack the update and apply it. And I'm pretty sure this has only happened to this game.... I have also done every trick in the book when it comes to download issues on steam, but of course nothing helps. At this point I'm just frustrated that i can't even play something I've waited a long time for.

in game ipd adjustment is an unexpected and welcome surprise.

excellent!

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 1

Just flown the Tempest... take off and landing, piece of cake!

But the engine sound?... I'm really hoping that it's a place holder...

• Upvote 2

This update is simply transformative. Thank you all devs for your continued amazing work. 

I wonder how the Russians of the Wings Of Liberty server are going to take this update? 

Hehehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the next Hotfix: One of the snap views for the Tempest is broken. The function "pilot head snap position right" didn´t work. For the left side it´s ok.

So checking my right six in the Tempest isn´t possible now.

Bug report already done.

Edit: Same bug appears for the SpitfireMkIXe_B!. Please fix it.

Edited by Semor76

Bug report:

-I think there is a bug on P-51D gyro sight dimmer. Lever on the right side is moving but no dimmer pop-up...

-Second bug, if you move your head in ponny to the side with closed canopy, you hear wind like with open canopy. I doubt that P-51D canopy is so crapy and holey..

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

These guys have been working their tails off, and doing a great job in the chaos. The rate at which fixes and improvements appear is astonishing.

Hats off to the Dev team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Holy $h!t! Switched on my pc this morning to find the patch has dropped while I was asleep so am downloading now, super excited to try it out 😄
Got a photo ready to go for my custom cockpit pic, needless to say I shouldn't show you guys seeing as it's '40s pron 😉

I didn't expect this today, needless to say but absolutely smashing job fellas, I hope the russian forum is being as kind as this one is. But really, the view distance stuff is outstanding, the planes, the maps, can't wait for the career and all the other features that are still in the works.

There's no other dev team on the planet as dedicated and hardworking as you guys I swear it. Just excellent stuff all around.

2019_9_30__22_28_25.jpg.162aa42536ce28a59c5f509c912dd29f.jpg

One bridge too far?

Took a quick trip over the Maastricht-Aachen-Cologne-Bonn area.

Liked what I saw.

Make sure you set up thuse new trim-axes!

The Mustang feels great!

Just landed at Asbach. Gonna have an Uralt or two to get me un-excited and sleepy again...😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to take the 'Nuclear Option" .I saved the various files out of data & the Mods folder and basically disabled the BoS folder by renaming it with a "-", then through Steam uninstalled & reinstalled .After a very long download ( well, you all know that...) I crossed my fingers and starting through Steam ...Viola ! We have a go!!!! Am now transferring all the saved material , upgrading 'startup files for Pimax VR, ( Skins will take a while..) and will be enjoying the new stuff soon! Yay!

Ibugscartoonmage1.jpg.5f5186d7b71cdbb596c6a9b74e3a8afb.jpg

2 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

Btw, does the P-38, P-51, and Tempest have automatic radiator controls? 

P-38 and P-51 have automatic radiators, the Tempest radiator control is manual, but it only has two positions: open or closed. Open for ground operations and climbing, Closed for level flight.

47 minutes ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

I like the sound of the Tempest engine, I think given the info available it's not badly done. There are few recordings and not in the best quality. The engine had a rather peculiar sound.

Excellent update! It's obviously a major milestone putting the project very close to the finish line and getting closer to starting a new chapter with the next battle. I want to take this occasion to congratulate the dev team! Your hard work shines through and your product speaks volumes of your skills and dedication!

Can't wait to build many many missions in the new map, taking advantage of all the new features. 

The small changes that have been included over time make this sim more and more realistic (e.g. better formations, better chatter,  rearm and refuel, g-loads, great AI tactics, new sounds, beautiful hi-res skins, new ground static blocks, etc.)

Knowing that each of the new features applies to the entire BoX platform and therefore make older games such as BoS many times better than they were on launch is something that i really appreciate, it's really easy to forget that sometimes. 

Keep up the great work, the sim has come a long way!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

This Napier Sabre engine is the one that was developed from the failed 'vulture' that powered the Avro Manchester, right? If so, it has 24 cylinders in a double-V configuration, is that right?

For anyone complaining about little niggles, just hold yer horses. There's ALWAYS little things here and there that need ironing out shortly after a major update such as this. We ALL know that. I'm well happy with it as far as I have delved into it and yes, there are a couple of things that I've noticed but they are ALL massively tiny.

Overall I think it's gonna take a few days to smooth things out, a coupla hotfixes and then BOOM!, everybody's a happy bunny.

Expectations can be dangerous things but coupled with a bit of patience they are more often than not almost always fulfilled... and then some!!

Lots of love from Rap XX

• Like 2

There's always fixes and revisions!

Hell BOS and BOM are still being fixed, updated and revised and they've been in full release for *years*

• Like 1

Guys the work you've done is great, I really like the new map and the new planes, but the fact that the career mode isn't ready yet is really disappointing for me. The career mode is one of the main reasons why I love this game and own all the great battles series games, and in one month I am going back to med school so won't be able to play the career mode when it's out. REALLY disappointing, wish I could get my hands on it earlier...  If there is a way I could get it ahead of time, maybe as a tester I'll be very glad, because as I said, after I return to my studies I'll have absolutely no time to play it... 

Edited by blamblamstick

Forgive me if it's been mentioned already but...

Noticed that the landing lights are far more realistic now, i.e., not visible like 4-zillion-candlepower lighthouse beacons form miles away.  Did a formation flight with P-38's and they are far more dim than before, but realistic (at least in daylight).  Big change for MP guys who flash their lights for visibility to squadmates, etc.... overall a great, realistic change!

• Like 1

It sucks the way real life can get in the way of our gaming. :(

• Haha 2