Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

6 minutes ago, Cathaoir said:

Everything seems to work except pitch and yaw trim....the roll works....I have a Vipril T50 throttle and I use the e-1 to e-3 for my adjustments....loaded my backup input file to see if it would fix the problem....no dice....the mapping is not there when I start the game.....checked the files and they show the mappings but do not show up with the in game settings.....re-mapped but only the roll works.....HELP!!!!!:help:         p.s.   tried to reset to default but it only resets some settings to default not all....any help would be greatly appreciated.....

if you're using push buttons for these controls, you still have to map the keys in the trim axis area as well as the boxes below it.  If you're using axis controls and it's mapped and not working, then IDK. 

My control column and control surfaces have become very "juttery" since the patch. They don't move smoothly any more, as if they are moving at 2fps. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bullets said:

My control column and control surfaces have become very "juttery" since the patch. They don't move smoothly any more, as if they are moving at 2fps. 

Just in how they look,  or in how they function?

31 minutes ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

Nice¨!! 
Steam DL runs well... few more minutes...!

I´m jealous... Fith and final attempt now, I´m already 3 hrs in... and all I got so far is... nothing.

Maybe I should hit the bar again, only harder... 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻 And so on... 

Just now, RedKestrel said:

Just in how they look,  or in how they function?

Look as far as I can tell. The aircraft still flys smoothly. Others have reported the same issue as me on the multiplayer server I was flying on. However I reproduced the issue in singleplayer too. On the p51, spit and tempest so far.

• Upvote 1

And i still don’t have  Internet :(

Edited by Asgar
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

So, I am at work.  Please tell me the P51 is good to go.

The suspense is killin' me.

Well as i am pensioned and curious at the same time, i compared it in a QM with the P38 and Tempest against 2 Axis Ai aces with that Spit MK IX ...  I could not out turn them fast enough, but with the Spit i got them, piece of cake. But i am a beginner lol. Thought there was a B25 Mitchell too included, but not in my installation .... ??

4 minutes ago, Asgar said:

And i still don’t have  Internet :(

Why, computer problem or something else, as you can mail OK ...

8 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Any videos of the tempest yet?

I want to hear that sabre engine.

I just saw this Tempest video on the Russian forum:

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

You probably have to play at least once in "online mode" before you can use offline mode.

Thanks, just did, servers are slow however ...

1 hour ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

I just discovered a new download-"speed"-record:

wow...

stoneage - Kopie.JPG

Well, guess i was lucky, and wified via VPN to my old game PC upstairs, the lot finished after a shower and some coffee:

BINGO.jpg

Edited by jollyjack

35 minutes ago, ADorante said:

Wow, the things you learn: I never knew M.Gladbach wasn't spelled Mönchengladbach before 1950. Before that it was München-Gladbach. The word root is the same (derived from German word for  "monk").

But I'm not so sure the spelling Wessel-Datten Canal on the ingame Rhineland map is correct: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesel-Datteln-Kanal

You know, 15 odd years ago I`ve had a guy, who was to go to Mönchengladbach with his truck to pick up something, ringing me up from Munich, reporting, that there wasn´t a part of a town called "Gladbach" there... IIRC, I fell off the chair, because I simply couldn´t believe, somebody living in Germany for 50 odd years not knowing that there is a town called "Mönchengladbach"... not to be confused with "München" (Munich)... 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

I just saw this Tempest video on the Russian forum:

Oh Dear!...

Great Update - thx for that!

What I noticed so far
The trim values in the techchat are reversed. Trim nose down is plus - trim nose up is minus. (for me)
In the Messerschmitt 110 E-2, the small glass is not visible on the reflex sight. You can see the crosshairs, but not the projection glass.

Edited by JG4_Thorwald

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

So, I am at work.  Please tell me the P51 is good to go.

The suspense is killin' me.

It is!

I am curious about one thing. I was testing the update earlier and noticed a curious bug? When you now shoot at the He 111 H-6 and kill gunners they're bodies are not there after they are killed. Is this intentional or a bug?

7 minutes ago, III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson said:

Does anyone know if the new G load effects will affect AI gunners in bombers and attack aircraft? I.e. mentioned motion sickness, impacts from large projectile hits, etc?

The update specifically says "crew" so I must imagine that it affects gunners as well.

So far, no problem for me with a download from Steam.

Just two things:

No Arras map for me;

No rockets for the Tempest... That's sad

In QMB plane selection, I spy with my little eye a possible hint of things to come.  :cool:

25 lb boosted Spits are gonna be a major PITA now. Good thing I'm splitting my time between D9's and Mustangs now :)

8 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Oh Dear!...

What do you mean? May guess - doesn't sound that good?

6 minutes ago, DN308 said:

Just two things:

No Arras map for me;

Tempest was never really equipped with rockets outside of a few field trials.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DN308 said:

Just two things:

No Arras map for me;

Of course you won't have the Arras map - you need FC for this. Sorry.

But, maybe you might find a MP server with this map and then you

can fly there.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cathaoir said:

Everything seems to work except pitch and yaw trim....the roll works....I have a Vipril T50 throttle and I use the e-1 to e-3 for my adjustments....loaded my backup input file to see if it would fix the problem....no dice....the mapping is not there when I start the game.....checked the files and they show the mappings but do not show up with the in game settings.....re-mapped but only the roll works.....HELP!!!!!:help:         p.s.   tried to reset to default but it only resets some settings to default not all....any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Cathaoir

you dont say which aircraft but I try to help. I am guessing your issue because your roll works so I would guess you have not deletee your old controls.

trim has extra axis control. This is for all trim axes. Any aircraft with trim wheels will use this axis control ie spits tempest, yaks, la5 and all american. Does not have to be analogue - can use hat switch selections. But virtually any red plane except pe2 will use the axis trim settiing. Your best get is to set it to use same controls as the old trim buttons. You will also need the trim buttons (I know you fly pe2) as they are still used specifically for any plane using trim buttons ie pe2, hs129 and fw190 (probably most blue planes) - so do not delete them thinking they are now redundent.

PS they may now be reversed - devs reversed some to make it work sensibly. So when working make sure its right way.

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz
not being ignorant and get his name right

5 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Tempest was never really equipped with rockets outside of a few field trials.

I was sure someone will tell me that...

Wasn't sure of me writing that, and bam! I get it right on my nose...

I have to check my planes knowledge...

My bad, sorry.

4 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Of course you won't have the Arras map - you need FC for this. Sorry.

But, maybe you might find a MP server with this map and then you

can fly there.

Ok, that's clear now. Thanks

I was getting jerky action , ended up having to cut back on the graphics a bit to smooth it out. I disabled the distant buildings and reduced the horizon to 100 km and fram rate went from 40 to 60. IR smooth now.

45. The movements of the visible model of the flight stick and pedals in the cockpit are no longer filtered so there is less delay between the movement of real flight stick and pedals and the virtual ones. However, the flight stick movement speed is still limited at high flight speeds or if the pilot is wounded;

I am using a microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2, and this change has made my control stick "juttery". Anyone know a fix? 

I’ve never been much into the Brit planes (heresy in some circles, I know), but the Tempest is my new favorite mud-mover. Terrific visibility, great maneuverability, and those cannons make short work of trains.

I’m looking forward to the upcoming campaign!

Loading with 20Kbs....

Really annoying. With this downloads peed it will take days while my bandwidth is 12MBs. Could long have been flying... :(

Btw, does the P-38, P-51, and Tempest have automatic radiator controls? 

Wonderful patch; planes, visibility range, physics etc...

...but for me all the new objects in the Mission Editor were equally important. Now we have all the airplanes also as static objects and very nice bunkers, barbed wire fences, buildings + the amazing looking new vehicles and guns. Big thumbs up for the people responsible of these objects, which we now can bomb to pieces. If those bloody boxes and containers would not be hovering anymore this would have been Perfect+1 patch. Thank you Team for making this game more interesting, again 🤗

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

Hmmm cant get my P38 to taxi - my manifold stays below 40... any help?

parking brake? Or not put 100% rpm if you mean cannot get >40inch MP.

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz

Excellent update!

Nice to finally see P51, P38 and Tempest in the game.

New visual range update is the biggest thing for me, no more planes disappearing mid air. 

On a sad note, the update did screw up my key bindings. Not all though, just some. I can't seem to recognize a pattern... some engine management keys remained the same, some didn't... 

Not enough to dent my happiness with the update tho. What beauty is the Rheinland map! Worthy of Schumann's 3rd.

EDIT: forget it, no harm done. Just had to reset a few things.

Edited by danielprates