Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

47 minutes ago, pfrances said:

😲

Doesn't mean anything. Art team getting cute. I'm changing these flags soon.

Jason

• Haha 5
  • Sad 4

Hmmm lots to figure out eg LW aircraft have no reticule etc. 

von Tom

The update is large and everyone is trying to grab it at once. Our servers will struggle for a little while to service everyone.

My Steam install worked fine. They can afford many more servers than us. 

Please be patient everyone. 

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

The update is large and everyone is trying to grab it at once. Our servers will struggle for a little while to service everyone.

My Steam install worked fine. They can afford many more servers than us. 

Please be patient everyone. 

Jason

Could it be that my download was in some way corrupted on both my steam Install & my online install? both give me this message when I try to fly a QM;

ou.jpg.b23d47b72b4cb1b7a4d326d3c03946a4.jpg

Just had 3 P51s eat multiple mk108 rounds and keep flying. one with no ailerons or rudder, one took a 30mm straight to the engine and was unphased, the other had no visible signs of damage at all. Was George Lucas a consultant for this update by any chance? All jokes (not really) aside I'm very excited to try all this new stuff out and thank you for your hard work.

20 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I have Jane Russell with me...

JaneR.thumb.jpg.85a5aecb8281d32fa060d1191f37125f.jpg

ah ha! I see your Ella and Jane, and raise you Robert Downey Jr:

j10hj38.thumb.jpg.f5ec1389abdabcc5d4f72d7046239a3b.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

*This is SO going in my plane when the download finishes.. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, downloaded and installed just fine, had a quick blast with the P-38 on the new map, and flying it with my yoke  it's everything I could have wanted.Just a fantastic job and a marvelous update.
Yes, I'm gushing and I don't care.

12 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Doesn't mean anything. Art team getting cute. I'm changing these flags soon.

Jason

Should swap the Japanese flag for an Italian one since we have the Mc.202

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Lol - when someone can get to it - love to see a few close-ups flying next to that B-25 ...:cool:

Is that me or sight are not working in VR ?

EDIT : no it's just my mod that need to be removed

Edited by lefuneste

The sound of the p-38 above 300 mph

HNNNNGGGG

This is truly amazing guys. I have distant buildings on with no performance impact. 
Well done devs!

28 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

So, I am at work.  Please tell me the P51 is good to go.

The suspense is killin' me.

The P-51 can kill stuff no prob :) It's great and has nothing to fear against LW planes

Congrats to the team on all the hard work

Can't wait to take a look at the Arras map.

I've been holding off from buying a new PC as the 7year old machine I have is more than adequate for my work needs, though I wonder if this update might be the final straw in terms of accepting I merely want a new PC just for this sim

HH

31 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Simply astounding!

One question - what does this mean?:

when the wind pushes on the propeller and it starts spinning faster therefore driving the engine...

My BOX does not work anymore since the update. When starting a mission / career, the game 
ends automatically and it will appear small windows 
with error messages "Lua Script" "World object" and then a list of various objects. 
Can this also get away from the screen via the task manager.

"Great update !!!!! Until yesterday everything worked wonderfully! Oh yes, 
and besides it shows at the booting up of BOX that the connection 
to the main server has been lost. Should the internet connection be checked, but 
everything is ok Although log in on Steam, but still not fly,
 because of the described error.

I hope there will be a correction update as soon as possible

Edited by Superflyer
  • Confused 1

:good:

"46. It is now possible to assign a trim axis if it was controlled by an axis on a real aircraft (control wheel or lever). "

49. New commands for retraction and extension of the landing gear added;

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow, the things you learn: I never knew M.Gladbach wasn't spelled Mönchengladbach before 1950. Before that it was München-Gladbach. The word root is the same (derived from German word for  "monk").

But I'm not so sure the spelling Wessel-Datten Canal on the ingame Rhineland map is correct: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesel-Datteln-Kanal

Thank you VERY MUCH......BEST DEV TEAM EVER!!!!!!

I have not much time this week due to a work trip, but I am Looking Forward very much to test all the new stuff.

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

how to increase download speed?

I am experiencing some difficulties with downloading speed, but it is something related to my network adapter or some software layer that I do not understand.

What I am doing, and it is working, is to download Nvidia drivers. When it is downloading my speed accelerates and goes up between 400-800kb. If I do not do this my speep goes down to 5kb.

I have 5 different Nvidia drivers versions downloading at the same time. When they reach almost to the end I cancel and renitiates it.

It is weird, I do not understand it, but it is working.

25. Object markers can be blocked by landscape and objects, including own aircraft or vehicle;

Uhmm. Does this work for anyone? I can still see markers through my plane. Is there some setting I need to enable?

49. New commands for retraction and extension of the landing gear added;

This is actually awesome for the Warthog. In the future can we please get this for all "toggle" commands such as airbrakes, lights, canopy etc? And can we pleaaaaaase with sugar on top get different control schemes for individual planes?

Edited by Wolferl_1791
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

Hmmm lots to figure out eg LW aircraft have no reticule etc. 

von Tom

My bad - 3DGimoto conflict.  Need to press LeftALT and K a few times.

von Tom

Amacing update. Even more than the planes the improvements on the game were very needed. Is going to be funny to test everything but lets hope for good performance with few bugs. Well done Devs!

I've actually found some stuff missing on the rhineland map..

Love, love, love, love, love, love the Bodenplatte map ❤️

I am slightly salty that my home town was left out in favour of some crap holes in the middle of nowhere and now I am denied the pleasure of bombing it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's gorgeous and huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. 

I've seen Jason's posts about the size but before flying it I had no real idea just how large that would be. It of course helps that I know the depicted areas pretty well, so maybe that's a large part of it. :)

Quick question to those in the know:
The elevator trim in the P-38 seems to be inverted in techno chat compared to other craft.

Is that a bug in techno chat or a design thing with American craft? Sorta like the inverted throttle in the Mc 202 for example.

Cheers!

Everything seems to work except pitch and yaw trim....the roll works....I have a Vipril T50 throttle and I use the e-1 to e-3 for my adjustments....loaded my backup input file to see if it would fix the problem....no dice....the mapping is not there when I start the game.....checked the files and they show the mappings but do not show up with the in game settings.....re-mapped but only the roll works.....HELP!!!!!:help:         p.s.   tried to reset to default but it only resets some settings to default not all....any help would be greatly appreciated.....

1 hour ago, cardboard_killer said:

Should be we, not be. Proof reading is a hobby :)

Thank God you cleared that up! Thousands would have been tearing their hair out trying to figure that out.  :biggrin:

Actually, I empathize with you. Taught English for a few years in my youth, and ever since I can't help but notice any typo or grammatical error,

no matter how minor, whatever I read. After years of practice, (and years of being accused of pedantry) I'm gradually learning not to react. 

On topic: Update looks fantastic, thanks Team! I really wish though, that I wasn't in the middle of a move, and that my cockpit wasn't packed away!

.Sweet update!   

I actually have a picture puzzle of the Arkansas Traveler that I've put off assembling for years.  Time to get it together and get it ready for a poster frame!  :)

First flight over the forest area where I used to live. Nice. Also saw the train bridge (i.e. its predecessor) over the river Wupper that I used last tuesday. Of course I notice or seem to perceive some aberrations and missing objects in this area, but I can live with that and not loose sleep over it. It's just so cool to be able to use this map for sightseeing.