Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Bullets said:

resets constantly.

right-click the startup.cfg ->properties -> activate the box "read only". Keep in mind, you need to deactivate the box to make changes

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Intersting Jason advice ti abilitate also  full screen on in order to reduce stuttering

 

 

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything runs smoothly with Rhineland or Arras map. No stutter, distance visibility is perfect for me. I use only VSync On but no FPS limiter. Clouds do impact FPS but from 120+ (with 8 planes in furball) to worst case 90  so it is still fine. 

I have a large 4K display, and a 2080 Ti and a 9900K CPU, so this may indeed help explain the facts but I am no reference system here.

 

I noticed a sound bug with the P51D. I saw no comments on that in the forum.

Sound is ok in the cockpit. But when the plane is looked at from the outside (key F2) the sound become weird in certain orientations of the plane.

Let's say that we count the angles from 0 to 360. As seen from the cockpit (pilot view) 0 is right in front, 90 is on the right and 180 is on the back.

When looking from the outside say between 280 and 360, and between 0 and 80 the sound becomes strange  with an additional weird double peak sound on top of the engine sound. This two peak sound repeats itself every few seconds if you stay in that area around the P51. When you exit that view area and go more at 90 degrees or wing side and back this additional noise disappears.

 

I do not know if others have noticed that. This issue does not exist with the Tempest or P38.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem not to have Elevator trim in the 109F4 bound to switches on HOTAS which works for other aircraft but not that one.

 

Clouds have been consistently pancake in quite a few carer missions.  Liked the voluminous clouds of the last patch which gave a sense of awe when flying.

 

Micro stutters in VR, even at decent frame rates.

 

Career missions quite a handful nowdays LOL.  Have your hands full protecting objectives and dueling with the opposition who are there in numbers.

 

Enemy will press on the fight all the way back to base.  They (AI) do disengage if wounded though.  

 

Seems to be better detail at lower target render resolutions but higher resolutions suffer significantly.  Going from PiTool 0.75 to 1 with SteamVR 100% gives almost half performance at same Il2 graphics settings.  Previously it was much less of a drop in fps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

right-click the startup.cfg ->properties -> activate the box "read only". Keep in mind, you need to deactivate the box to make changes


Many thanks. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I own BoS, BoM and BoK.

 

Before this patch I was able to select also WWI planes as opponents in QMB. This is no longer possible.

 

Could you please confirm this is expected behaviour?

 

Thank you.

 

Milan

Edited by apollon01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bullets said:

Secondly, it is my understanding that if you have G-sync monitor you are to run programs with V-sync turned off ingame. 

I've got a G-Sync monitor myself and limiting FPS works fine for me.

Only difference is that I'm not using the "Target FPS" setting from within IL-2, but the FPS Limiter from Nvidia Profile Inspector instead.

Even though my G-Sync monitor could give 144 FPS and the game itself usually runs well within 120-144 FPS, I found little to no benefit from higher FPS, but much smoother gameplay with FPS limited to 60.

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

I've got a G-Sync monitor myself and limiting FPS works fine for me.

Only difference is that I'm not using the "Target FPS" setting from within IL-2, but the FPS Limiter from Nvidia Profile Inspector instead.

Even though my G-Sync monitor could give 144 FPS and the game itself usually runs well within 120-144 FPS, I found little to no benefit from higher FPS, but much smoother gameplay with FPS limited to 60.

 

:drinks:

Mike

 

V-sync is different from just limiting the frame rate though I thought? V-sync is about reducing tearing and decreases fps whereas just simply limiting your framerate doesn't cost any fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it's different, but you've asked whether the officially proposed solution to micro stuttering - i.e. limiting FPS using ingame settings together with VSync - also works an G-Sync monitors.

And I'm telling you that this official recommendation has been my test result before, with G-Sync - see:

 

This, and the positive feedback from people who tried with VSync, means that limiting FPS seems to cure micro stutters for both VSync and G-Sync users, at least for some of us.

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

FPS limiter

Yes, it does help a little. But while it is a workaround, it unfortunately doesn't fix the problem.

Stuttering came with the update somehow and it's a big issue in multiplayer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limiting the FPS has helped a little, but there is still a slight microstutter that is evident in online gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will we see the official brown skins for Mustang wings? Glitter can now be seen at a great distance.

Edited by Red_Pilot
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blitze said:

Seem not to have Elevator trim in the 109F4 bound to switches on HOTAS which works for other aircraft but not that one.

 

You need to use the stabilizer trim input. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hat is off to the developers! What a fantastic update! The Tempest and P-38 are really nice but the P-51 is my new favourite no question. And the new pilot physics: Have to admit I was sceptical at first when it was announced but it’s simply great. Especially taken in combination with the new AI behaviour (no more prop-hanging AI!) and that the AI are also affected by blackouts. Then, to top it off 150 octane options for the Pony and Spitfire Mk9! Absolutely fantastic release!!!

:clapping:
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>26. Aircraft and ships are visible much farther than before - theoretically, they can be spotted as far as 100 km away if there are fire, contrails or a ship wake;

I AM SORRY BUT THIS HAS RUINED THE GAME FOR ME! 

I am playing in VR, the planes far away now turn smaller, instead of bigger, the instant I press the VR zoom (2x) button!  Totally ruins the realism which set this simulator apart from any other flight simulator! 

Gone are the days and nights I spent scanning the horizon for enemy or friendly aircraft in multiplayer server!  

If the developer wants to make far away planes artificially larger, then they can do the same by turning on object marker.  

 

This update also makes the game frame rate much lower in my nVidia 1070.  I guess I will stop playing this game as I am a busy adult with a lot of other productive ways to use my weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Full Screen to On

Thanks for this tip. Before I was playing in windowed mode, as before this update it was the better solution, at least on my PC. But in windowed mode I didn't have the Dom and railroad main station in the map. I could see where they should be, but there were only the empty places. Now I can see, that the complete Dom district was missing. The Dom looks fantastic. Hard to imagine how much work this must have been.

On thing I noticed is it looks like tanks are hoovering a lot in the new map. Especially over bridges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please can we return to the pre-patch graphics so that all the other great things introduced with the patch can be enjoyed without miserable blurry visual effects in VR and, additionally, the awful alternative spotting option.  Overall graphics quality has taken a nose dive since the main patch.  In the mean time, I have given up flying in MP with my squad as the simulation is not enjoyable any more.  Good luck with fixing the graphics dev's.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

 

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake CPU, 6 Cores, 3.7 - 4.7GHz, overclocked 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Case - Black 
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphics Card 
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100x CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z370-F GAMING
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Memory (2 x 16GB Sticks) 
OS Drive: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive 
Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD Hybrid Drive  
Optical Drive: 24x DVD-RW Drive 
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold 850W PSU 
Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio 
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 
Monitor Samsung 2433BW 24" TFT, 5ms response time, Res: 1920x1200

MS FF2 Joystick
Thrustmaster VG TWCS Throttle
Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
VR Pimax 5k +
eDimensional AudioFX2 FF Vibration Headset 
Gametrix KW-908 Jetseat (with SSA software)

 

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After spending some time on new map in editor and mission i like how balanced it happend to turn out considering area it depicts, good job on map making team, looking forward to new seasons of it.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These updates are excellent

The Simulator has been improved significantly  , 

the long distance  accurated visual ,  almost with the VR  , is extraordinary ! 

G-effects ‘Psychology’ updates are very good and authentically realistic. Enjoying very much ! . Thanks , very good work! . 

& Bf109 good effort improvements about turning ( if I am not wrong about description appreciations ) .

also very good work with last development planes P51 D-15 , Tempest MkV and (No Mosquito Havilland DH.98)’

Lo e sentó ‘ e pur también  puedo dar a un mosquito con una escopeta de feria ‘:  ‘ letter confuto’like      About the mistaken Mosquito

thanks again Elem& onlyforbrian ‘ so P38 J-25 Lightning .   Thanks a lot ! .

Edited by RAY-EU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RAY-EU said:

Mosquito. 

What!!! You have a Mozzie? You have been singled out for special attention!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elem said:

What!!! You have a Mozzie? You have been singled out for special attention!

Haha I think he confused it with the P38... it's a LIGHTNING!! lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if this is the best place to discuss this, but it is Bodenplatte related. Is the P-47D-28 going to get tweaked at some point? 

 

Why was this topic locked? 

While we are all enjoying the new planes I’ve been flying the P-47D-28 as per the real world manual and last  night I hit critical altitude of the Turbo Super Charge at 30,000 feet in the Rhineland Summer Map at normal power which is the expected behaviour according to the manual on page. 23. 

 

I know the P-47 is prone to engine overheat in prolonged climbs at best rate of speed IAS of 140-155 but even with the oil cooler shutters and cowl flaps full open I have to level out several times during climb to cool the engine.

 

Is this normal?  Since BodenPlatte is still in prerelease just wondering if the devs are fully satisfied with the performance of the P-47 or is it still a work in progress?

 

Many thanks! 

 

Link to Manual https://www.mediafire.com/file/l0w3kwad4psx45w/pilot__s_manual_for_republic_p-47_thunderbolt.pdf/file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BSS_Ripper* said:

I am not sure if this is the best place to discuss this, but it is Bodenplatte related. Is the P-47D-28 going to get tweaked at some point? 

 

Why was this topic locked? 

While we are all enjoying the new planes I’ve been flying the P-47D-28 as per the real world manual and last  night I hit critical altitude of the Turbo Super Charge at 30,000 feet in the Rhineland Summer Map at normal power which is the expected behaviour according to the manual on page. 23. 

 

I know the P-47 is prone to engine overheat in prolonged climbs at best rate of speed IAS of 140-155 but even with the oil cooler shutters and cowl flaps full open I have to level out several times during climb to cool the engine.

 

Is this normal?  Since BodenPlatte is still in prerelease just wondering if the devs are fully satisfied with the performance of the P-47 or is it still a work in progress?

 

Many thanks! 

 

Link to Manual https://www.mediafire.com/file/l0w3kwad4psx45w/pilot__s_manual_for_republic_p-47_thunderbolt.pdf/file

 

Close your intercooler shutters until the intercooler air temp hits the yellow part of the dial. It heats up in exchange for your cylinder head temperature reducing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i not wrong , the north western german area was the launch site of V-2 rockets. I wonder if it's possible to Devs recreate it as a IA ground vehicle or.... that weapon had a marginal presence and was barely attacked from the air?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a long waited update and I'm happy that after some years I can sit in cockpit of P-38 in flight sim. (Jane's Combat Flight Simulator was my first)

 

But... I've got some problems with performance since this update. Hotfixes didn't help. Before update my FPS was something like 90-100fps at high alt, at low alt with more planes even online, It was always more than 60fps. After this update my FPS can't go higher than 60fps, at every map, with all conditions, even at the main menu. I did not change my graphic settings. 

 

I didn't lock fps counter in graphic menu. I select the unlimited fps and it's still don't want do higher 😕

 

Intel Core i3 - 8350K 4.00 Ghz; 16GB DDR5; Geforce 1060 GTX; SSD M.2 1TB

Edited by AlienAlienzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlienAlienzo said:

It's a long waited update and I'm happy that after some years I can sit in cockpit of P-38 in flight sim. (Jane's Combat Flight Simulator was my first)

 

But... I've got some problems with performance since this update. Hotfixes didn't help. Before update my FPS was something like 90-100fps at high alt, at low alt with more planes even online, It was always more than 60fps. After this update my FPS can't go higher than 60fps, at every map, with all conditions, even at the main menu. I did not change my graphic settings. 

 

I didn't lock fps counter in graphic menu. I select the unlimited fps and it's still don't want do higher 😕

 

Intel Core i3 - 8350K 4.00 Ghz; 16GB DDR5; Geforce 1060 GTX; SSD M.2 1TB

 

May I refer to my recent post here? Have a look, maybe some of my settings might help you.

 

 

Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

 

May I refer to my recent post here? Have a look, maybe some of my settings might help you.

 

 

Cheers

Thanks for this Therion! Could you say what the logic is behind setting your FPS at 80 when your monitor is 60 hz? My setup is very similar to yours so maybe I can get a similar benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

Thanks for this Therion! Could you say what the logic is behind setting your FPS at 80 when your monitor is 60 hz? My setup is very similar to yours so maybe I can get a similar benefit.

 

Oops, sorry - forgot to change this, I had this setting before I did all the fiddling... But on the other hand, honestly, even if this might be contradictory

I didn't notice any negative point and it certainly did no harm... ;).

 

But sure, for the logic's sake, it should be 60. Thank you.

 

Cheerio

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

without miserable blurry visual effects in VR and, additionally, the awful alternative spotting option.  Overall graphics quality has taken a nose dive since the main patch.  In the mean time, I have given up flying in MP with my squad as the simulation is not enjoyable any more.

 

 

 

Exactly!

Not only has there been a massive FPS hit, the ability to ID a plane in VR has dramatically reduced. Its a blurry mess now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also very happy with the update!

New draw distance for buildings is very cool and the sim runs better than ever before on my system (Limiter set to 60 FPS).

Before i had stutters, (FPS remained at 60 though), but now, it is completely fluid.

Thank you very much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

 

¡Exactamente!

No solo ha habido un golpe masivo de FPS, la capacidad de identificar un avión en realidad virtual se ha reducido drásticamente. Es un desastre borroso ahora.

+100000

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valkyrie77 said:

Anyone have a cure for the disappearing contacts on multiplayer servers please?

is this happening on servers with alternate vis on? if yes, do you lose contacts at around 10km when that big dot transition to airplane, or your talking about losing contacts at closer renages. I didnt expirianced disapering contacts but i can see that when alternate on is used they get clearly harder to see at one point where they transition at around 9-10km, so maybe thats where your losing them, they are still there but harder to see, especialy if they are big twin engine planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =EXPEND=Capt_Yorkshire said:

i've seen a few disappearing contacts today   at a close-ish range  1 or 2 k maybe and spotting seems harder .  

Me too, almost unplayable today. The contacts just disappear. It’s ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Valkyrie77 said:

Me too, almost unplayable today. The contacts just disappear. It’s ridiculous. 

Try now on WoL, maybe its problem you have only when altered vis option is ON ( it was On up until few h ago on wol also, now its OFF there so see if it happends on that option also )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Talon_I still would like to see the damage model improved on it and realistic torque on takeoff. I watch many documentaries about pilot accounts taking even much canon fire from FW’s and the P-47’s damage model has improved since this video last December https://youtu.be/KVoQI3lFPLk

 

A couple of tweaks and this plane would be brilliant! I am anxious to see how the DCS model will compare once it comes out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...