Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

4 minutes ago, icecream said:

Yeah, just hopped on some full servers, and the frame drops are pretty bad there on the airfield, severe drops too.

And I use reprojection to keep my GPU usage in 60-90% . It gives possibility to raise graphics setting to High and use distance buildings ,better mirrors and better shadows with great performance. I was amazed to see how well that worked with a new map on 3.201. 

Hi what going on with the lockup on the spit you cant do eneythink ????? really sod the black outs it goses from one lock up to another ?

pls put the spit back as it was plsssssssssss

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Im now getting CTD after this 2nd hotfix :(. oh woe is me! :(:(

Update, now getting this:

WTF.jpg

Edited by sparty72

and the p-51 locking up too I came from one lock up in to another lock up in the spit don't like the tons of blackouts  and the coughing ??,but the spit need to go back to how it was, ,,, I left the game  it pissed me of so much .

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, deckerrunner said:

and the p-51 locking up too I came from one lock up in to another lock up in the spit don't like the tons of blackouts  and the coughing ??,but the spit need to go back to how it was, ,,, I left the game  it pissed me of so much .

You can no longer pull crazy high g's like you used too. It's far more realistic now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, deckerrunner said:

Hi what going on with the lockup on the spit you cant do eneythink ????? really sod the black outs it goses from one lock up to another ?

The Gs effects its a great realistic step...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

You can no longer pull crazy high g's like you used too. It's far more realistic now. 

Yes, much less arcade experience for the pilot. 😑

it spoiling it ,I went from one lock up no black out ? in to another lock up and that happened in the same game

3 time what have they they done that to the spit im not 

happy 

some salt of a joke ?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, deckerrunner said:

it spoiling it ,I went from one lock up no black out ? in to another lock up and that happened in the same game

happy 

You have to learn to make your movements of the stick smooth and gradual: or pay the price.  It is not going to change back to what it was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, deckerrunner said:

happy 

some salt of a joke ?

Dude the Spit and Russian planes were turning very unrealistically before. The plane could do it sure, but the pilot could not handle it. So now it is realistic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ive been flying 

for 20years  behave your self ?

Edited by deckerrunner
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

This is a niche market, just deal with it!

Playing a sim such as this requires some motivation (at least somehow have a bit of interest for history and aeoronautics which isn't the case for most people) and some investments like a joystick and a traking device/VR and sometimes a new rig.

Some players dont want to fly online and stick to offline.

And last but not least some players just don't buy all of the expansions or have endless time to play.

So  that's a lot of people you won't ever see online.

I don't mind a smaller community myself I dont crave a massive community like what you would find in some mmo such as world of tanks or war thunder with all the increased number of cancerous people that inevitably come with larger communities.

Also I believe 46 worked so well because of the leap forward made by computers technology in the 90's and how popular computers became at that time and I'm pretty sure that's not happening again anytime soon.

Somehow I never played 46 back them but I did get my hands on Microprose Warbirds and of course the Combat flight Simulator series (cant wait to get back into a virtual Wildcat or Hellcat).

I was already happy with 1 or 2 full server so 3-4 post patch does it quite good to me.

Thats your thing... its okay.. for me as said its different..   and as i mentioned my interest is 2700h in 2years playing this Sim and myself in real air for years so as my father in war and till he was 80... So this just saying, yes i have alot of interest and aeronautics and so on, but still i enjoy all different kind of FLYING, FLYING, FLYING ;)...  and this is the only Sim that gives me alittle Flashback of times i was self in the air... But yes i can understand, ou too.. 

Edited by SPEEDWULF77
  • Like 1

If I understand this right, the complaint is blacking out and a non responsive plane during the blackout?  I like it myself.  It seems more realistic.  I've died a couple of times as a result of my thinking I can fly like Superman.  (Virtual) Death is a good teacher. 

If that's the complaint turn off the Physiology option.  Simple.  You get back the Crimson Skies Aerobatics routine.

it doing with and with blackouts, and the p51 but the spit going from one lock to another I had I 3 time with in 20 mins 

Is there something specific you're supposed to do to get the photo to show up properly? I made it 1024 x 1024 and exported to DDS, but the game cuts off half of it and seems to use a rectangular shape as opposed to a square

10 minutes ago, deckerrunner said:

ive been flying 

for 20years  behave your self ?

The old 1946 in last hsfx versions has hard g effects too.

We have to learn again, no more warthunder manouvers...

Edited by E69_McKinley
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thad said:

Decide not to give a crap what other people think. Fly and have fun. :coffee:

and the comment of the month prize goes for...

On 10/3/2019 at 12:44 AM, TAFFY said:

little disappointed with the P-51.  Not sure how they came up with some of the cockpit stuff for the D model.

L

3 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

This should greatly reduce the stuttering coming from FPS spikes and drops and make the game smoother.

No, it doesn't.
[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Not needed

does a 360° turn in a spitfire in 3 nano-seconds

*expects to not to blackout*

I sincerely don't understand mankind

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Billy_the_Baker said:

Is there something specific you're supposed to do to get the photo to show up properly? I made it 1024 x 1024 and exported to DDS, but the game cuts off half of it and seems to use a rectangular shape as opposed to a square

Check this thread out mate.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Billy_the_Baker said:

nothing specific, it's just the picture 'frame' in the plane uses only 3/4ths of the square image, and it's on the left side. See it like this:

image.png.c289759a02ae08f1152be17db1ae487d.png

Edited by moosya

1 hour ago, deckerrunner said:

Thank you for a new signature😂

The Luftwaffle whiner in it's Red form. I love it.

42 minutes ago, =SqSq=Sulaco said:

Yikes, was that the pre-patch zoom bug?

Yep. Was still happening to me prior to the current second hotfix. Haven't tried since.

Here's hoping they fixed it.

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Thank you for a new signature😂

The Luftwaffle whiner in it's Red form. I love it.

Man it's true, that kind of salt could pay an entire maniple of legionaires.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sparty72 said:

Im now getting CTD after this 2nd hotfix :(. oh woe is me! :(:(

Update, now getting this:

WTF.jpg

Nothing tragic mate. You have to reinstall the patch. 

1 hour ago, moosya said:

After loading the game switch it back for another restart. The game seems to run better after that. I don't know if it's some sort of a reshader cache clearing or something else... but it seems to work for me.

I've noticed this in past patches too.  Don't know what's happening but yes, I end up finding I can push the settings up again after a few restarts.

Ok tested it, the zoom/LOD thing is still in. At least for ships.

Spawned in the Anapa region of Kuban in QM, 5k altitude, ships disappear and reappear based on level of zoom and/or distance of the plane.

As seen in this video:

1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

54 minutes ago, =SqSq=Sulaco said:

Yikes, was that the pre-patch zoom bug?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Nothing tragic mate. You have to reinstall the patch. 

What I always do after a patch is close the game wait about 30 seconds and then restart, that normally works for me.  Just watch this time it will fail.  Will find out in about a minute.

Edited by Taxman

16 hours ago, Han said:

Some words on long range visibility issue. I’m offering you to take a look on your monitor one the desktop.

For instance. Let it be 51cm wide, 1920x1080. And we set aside to have a distance between eyeball and conter of monitor at 100cm.

In this case the angular size of the one pixel is:

arctg(51/1920/100)=0.0152°

Black pixel on deep-blue background – I can see it with a great problem to find, but still I’m able to. Let’s say in another words – I can see it only in case if I’m informed (I know) where to find it. White pixel is visible excellently.

If we get Bf 109 F than in wingspan it will have angular size at 0.0152° at range:

0.5*11/tg(0.0152*0.5)=41400m

In yesterday hot-fix I have barely same situation in game when me and target are at high altitude, target is at sky background and distance is around 20..25km.

I will not spot the target it there is no sun glistening on it. I also have a chance to spot it without sun glistening if I know where exactly to search.

If plane have sun glistening – than I can spot it in most cases, but only if I’m not too tired of work.

At 40km for me, personally, it is very hard to spot anything (but in case of very lucky sun glistening – and this is analog of the white pixel in my example). Meanwhile – larger planes still can be spotted.

With descending to lower altitudes the light haze make these long-range contacts much less contrast and harder to spot – that is very plausible. From the ground – there are additional difficulties are appearing with cirrus clouds adding to the sky background – with such jazzy background it becomes too hard to spot any small things over it.

This current realization (which we have added yesterday) looks for me as most realistic what we can do in this issue in existing circumstances. At least at the moment - there is no counter-arguments were provided which may dissuade me.

Anyway. Not everyone keeps his acuty of vision till 37 years old. Also, I suppose that I’ll not keep it for a long time more too. But still everyone (and me too) want to play cool combat pilot role. This why it is easy to understand everyone who tells that previous (pre-hot-fix) variant with larger airplanes LODs on far distances was more satisfactory for them. And it is very possible, that such kind of customers – are the major part of our community.

So to solve this dilemma at least somehow and not do LODs size changes forward and back under pressure of claims – we have decided to add a specific game (server) difficulty setting for it. It is turned on in “Normal” and turned off in “Expert”, also it can be turned on and off separately in “Custom”. So, you may get it in the new update right now (Andrew sneaksie have posted more details on the update).

Distance.jpg

Is this option working only when we play in multiplayer for now ? as i could not see any differance in QM in SP betwen normal and expert.

edit: with more test i can see now differance at bigger distances 9-10km+, so it works on SP also.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Has it been discussed that the 30mm don't seem to affect the p51? The p38 tempest and b25 all fall apart with a good burst but not p51. 

35 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I've noticed this in past patches too.  Don't know what's happening but yes, I end up finding I can push the settings up again after a few restarts.

Dev´s did it! My framerates is back and no stutters anymore after second hotfix. Just in case i deleted update folder (removed to new desktop folder) and updated game. After that some settings were reseted. I started with non vr mode because fps limiter was grey and set to 60. I put it off. Now it´s seems to be what it was with original 3.201 patch. Fps nice and stable and VR works fine.

4 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I tend to agree. 

I should add that I am still grateful to the team for their dedication trying to work late into the evening to find a solution that makes people happy. Trying still means something in my books even if I don't agree with the solution. 

My problem with the previous  patch view system was that it made aircraft on my setup near invisible until 2.5 to 3km out.  I would set up head to head QMB's and even with Ju52s, they would not appear until that short distance.  This in VR at 2.5k x 2.5k per eye rendering.

Balanced Il2 Graphics preset.  Maybe it is easier on higher graphics settings.  I will experiment but, on the whole, when I did see the bandits, I was able to hold them in view during maneuvers and track them.

Another week though and this will be mute when the new system comes in.

As for online, I will take what ever the servers set up but the easier system did put bombers at a disadvantage given the numbers flying online and lack of formation flying tactics.

2 hours ago, deckerrunner said:

happy 

some salt of a joke ?

Learn to use your Throttle there Stud.

You'll get it and the Spit is still a great turner, your body just has to catch up with her.😊

47 minutes ago, Taxman said:

What I always do after a patch is close the game wait about 30 seconds and then restart, that normally works for me.  Just watch this time it will fail.  Will find out in about a minute.

My closing the game and then restarting worked, no problems.  I am agreement with my fellow pilots who have stated that the grey out and black out feature is good.  I think that also applies to the AI pilots as I have caught a few AI just flying on after doing some heavy maneuvering and not aware that I am shooting them down.  I am also learning what to do when starting to gray out and to prevent a black out.  Just a matter of relearning how to fly your plane.

early days let see how they get on with it then , but the flow of the games is up for crabs  blackouts and crashing in to the ground,,, while some one coughing in your ear lol

• Haha 2

Ok, just tested new patch with graphics settings on both High and Balanced, spotting quite good.  Not as obvious as when initially introduced but just toned down  a little.  Tracking and locating targets good.

Maybe the Graphics settings reconfig in game, just switching between different levels, helped.

Performance in VR with Moscow and Lapino Maps were smooth and good frames relative to before.

Devs, thank you - Spaciba! 👍

• Upvote 1

there is no dis-respect , it all about getting this game right we get uptight because we love this game ?not money investment but time investment Jason dev team have done what we waited for ,for years , now let get it right,im ok with voices makes a change, coughing is im not sure, really, ai improvement if your making the ai harder to hit or to hit you hm okish  with it ,blackout are to long and the lock needs to be toned down, so long as the flow isn't lost, gfx im sure will be salted as the spoting of planes will be,at one point cared for too, there all to be fixed and we have a great team to do so,but the flow of the flying should not  be undone to much,if at all ,i was shocked on with last patch , but as it been said you been working very very hard by all to see, but the balance has to be found in the black outs and locking,, off the plane, the rest don't matter, don't kill the flowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww .

ps the p38 is sex on wings and the flow is perfect

• Confused 1