Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

15 minutes ago, =gRiJ=ToReRo said:

thanks for the update but the vision problem of the airplanes is the most important thing in a combat simulator if you don't see the enemy, what is the point of that? enemy planes er fight thanks anyway a greeting and keep working for us to continue buying your products

Its still very difficult to see enemy aircraft. Please fix this problem. 

• Upvote 3

I'm another one that preferred the bigger dots, my eyes aren't what they were. Hopefully it will be tweaked a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hace 38 minutos, Dusty926 dijo:

Missing red vision, the g have to be more progressive and the sepia color does not know where they got it from, practically in a dive you have to reduce all your energy to be able to make white there is no essence in the bzm

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BSS_Ripper* said:

Thanks to the Dev’s. I preordered BodenPlatte on August 2018, time flies!

he he same month also, now just waiting for new ww2 dlc to preorder again, its not offten that you can be satisfied with preorders in todays game market, but this one was home run. Guys on fence should preorder bobp while its still 10$ off untill preorder ends when it gets relised officaly.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 3

Hi, i am also a BIG FAN of this sim ( its the almost only PC game-Sim i play since 15 Years) , i am in love with this game , specially since VR , buy everything (and would even pay double for it).....

The only thing i miss ... is  NOT HAVING ENOUGH PLAYERS on Multiplayer... that is for me the most HEARTBREAKING thing about this SIM ....  

When you want to go online you have 3 servers with players  , Wings of Lyberty ,Berloga ;eu official and now a little Knights of the Air and Combat Box ( Before the update only the 3 first mentioned)....  All other servers are empty and it makes no fun at all to go in and fly 30 min to the frontline to meet nobody ...    Many servers are just empty and not really playable just because nobody is in...    BUT....  it would make such much fun if they would be filled   and for me ,i think one of the reasons is that maybe the expectation to have it as realistic and historical correct as possible kills, instead of giving more...   For example and this concerns the "spotting Issue"  .. If you cant find anyone ..and its more than a lucky encounter you have no fun.

And  "Realistic" or not or just talking about "historical"  ... the truth is.. :  Bombers and fighter came in BUT  .. 10  or 100  with cover of at least LOTS of fighters  at the same time flying in formation...at 6k   and not a single Bomber at 1k  with two covering like it is in this game....   So what is "Reality"   

So..

I would apreciate a good Balance of Realism and real  PC - Afternoon_night FUN GAMEPLAY  with as many as possible ALL KINDS OF PC-SIM Enthussiasts  online at all kind of different 

MP server scenarios where you can choose , more atmospheric, more realistic, more arcade ..

This SIM , specially with VR is the absolut best thrilling FLYING SIM on Market ...( My opinion..and i tried all other Flying sims and i have been in the Air in real life for many years) has such a potential to really offer a much more bigger Comunity Real FUn ...  

I remember old Days with il2 1946  with much more filled servers...

I would love to join MP servers with  "Races down a Valley or like a "redBull Contest with Warbirds", Big Combats with 20 Bombers starting the same with three  Squadron in Formation , because it makes sense to do so!!  time annonced as a Sunday evening  meeting with different Squadrons....   , Mountain Flying at Night with spotlight searching for the Enemy and hidden Ground Targets in deep dark Valleys....  so on...so on.....  ALL WITH OTHERS ONLINE !!!

Back to the main Issue..

Having "GOOD SPOTTING" is one of the essential very important things for having FUN    ...  realistic or not...     (and sitting in a kitchenchair with aVR headset is also not very realistic  in a certain point of View....   FUN  ...  I wanna have FUN !!!

Lot of tHX to the developers  and please dont be to pissed if you get so many complaints and so on after you worked your ass off for a new update and people complain about this or that.. 

i can somehow understand you..

We All apreciate your work so much surely much more than the most CS kids or similar... we know SIMS are a little comunity and doesnt bring the money like those other popular games bring..

with love and Respect 

Edited by SPEEDWULF77
  • Upvote 2

Have to say after the patch in VR for me, I am back to where the heck are they???  Spotting has gone backwards, although I noticed online last night just before the patch it was a case of, oh look, the enemy aircraft have taken off over the other side of Kerch Straight (well almost).

Should be easier to spot at mid to near distances though with hints at long distance (10km or more) pending on conditions.  I do some more flying and re-asses. 👍

• Upvote 1

I very much disagree with all saying we should go back to the spotting before the hotfix. The spotting after the hotfix is perfect and realistic and still an increase over what we had before.

Now there is a realistic fade in and out of perceivable view and it is very difficult, if not almost impossible, to spot a plane at 15-20km. However, once you have eyes on a contact, you can follow and track them out to just about 20km before you loose sight in a very organic and natural linear way. I don't even think the planes de-render. You just simply can't distinguish them against the sky with your eyes past that point. This is perfectly realistic.

This makes way more sense than what we had right after the initial patch where distant planes were scaled up to be seen and nobody could properly tell ranges to planes etc. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi all,

Be civil and respect others. Will hate to lock this topic but I would do, at for a while, if some of you can’t have a normal discussion (without snapping the team or other members)

Cleanup the topic as good as one can when on a phone.

Haash

I preferred the spotting from the previous version. Seeing a group of bombers flying towards you almost gathering in a big black mass was impressive. Now I can hardly see them again.

Edit, maybe allow it as an option for people to choose, seeing as no one will ever agree. For MP, server owner chooses. I believe they have similar setting sin DCS. 👍

Edited by Retrofly
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding spotting, in real life you rarely saw planes per se only movement and especially shadows on the ground, planes are painted to make them harder to spot remember.

There has been many instances where people have joined up with what they thought was their buddies only to find they're tail-end charlie to a gaggle of enemy planes.

Spotting in real life was extremely difficult, needed to be learned and most pilots never had the opportunity to progress past their first few missions as they'd get shot down.

In real life the only time I've ever noticed other planes is when I'm above them and their whiteness makes them stand out. Paint the same plane in camo and you'd have no hope trust me.

Either way this is a simulation and Jason and the team want people to have fun and enjoy themselves as that pays their bills, so chill and I'm sure some tweaking will be along shortly that satisfies even the most dedicated whiner.. :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Georgio said:

planes are painted to make them harder to spot remember.

On the ground. USAAF planes are shiny silver and daubed in all kinds of fancy colours.

Has anybody got a screenshot of flames inside the cockpit? I am curious how it looks, but have not caught fire since the update.

So what we have to take away from this is that there are people who like easier unrealistic spotting (fine) and people who like realistic spotting and you cannot bring both parties together. 

Making this an option would be the best bet and should satisfy 95% of the player base. Apparently right now it's a show stopper for some and also reduces revenue. 

• Upvote 1

Not enough has been said by to few to take anything from it, as for reducing revenue I would take that with same pinch of salt as all those that swear they will no longer buy any more for 'insert reasons here' 

More drama and fuss was made about La 5fn flight model on release

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Well it's more a personal observation. People play and buy when they get more fun and less frustration. Most people I've shown the sim in private have shown disbelief on how they should be able to spot anything without icons. And icons are too easy for many. 

As I said, I'm fine with the spotting (my choice is max realism), still would be a welcome option. You have it with the physiology model, why not with spotting too? 

Edited by 216th_Jordan

1 hour ago, 216th_Jordan said:

So what we have to take away from this is that there are people who like easier unrealistic spotting (fine) and people who like realistic spotting and you cannot bring both parties together. 

Making this an option would be the best bet and should satisfy 95% of the player base. Apparently right now it's a show stopper for some and also reduces revenue. 

Yes as im 100% sure that what we have now after hot fix is what devs belive is most realistic, and some ppl like it like that some dont.

But what bugged vis ranges show is that there is ppl who like something betwen realistic and full icons on, so there is room for having option in betwen similar to how bugged version looked we can call it user frendly option for example.

And let servers in MP and users in SP play how they like, if its posible for devs to make it optional, as it will be hard to make something that would be fit for all.

Edited by 77.CountZero

9 hours ago, andres43 said:

Thanks devs for the fast bug update ! Now the pitch trim is working fine 😃. Excuse me because this topic sure has come out, although I can't find it... What difference exist between the pitch, roll and yaw axis and buttons at command selection ? 

Some aircraft use(d) switches to change trim and others use(d) trim wheels. The devs have added options to reflect the difference corresponding to the real aircraft. If you prefer, you can program your settings in game such that you use the same keys to behave as a wheel or switch. I hope I addressed your question.

• Thanks 2

On 10/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Completely false. Do not lie about what I say.  Never ever promised Steam keys for any BOBP purchase.

Jason

So you deny that your product Bodenplatte as pre-order time of my purchase on page https://il2sturmovik.com/ where you sell modules/expansions did not have line that promised Steam keys after release also?

If you do deny that it did not exist one of us is lying.

Call your customer a liar its not "great" PR.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180109124858/https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

Edited by Godspeed
Maybe this will refresh your memory.

2 hours ago, Talon_ said:

On the ground. USAAF planes are shiny silver and daubed in all kinds of fancy colours.

3 hours ago, Georgio said:

Regarding spotting, in real life you rarely saw planes per se only movement and especially shadows on the ground, planes are painted to make them harder to spot remember.

The only planes that should be harder to spot in the air are the late war Russian fighters with the grey camoflage, just how modern fighters are nearly all some form of grey. Grey camoflage is the only effective low visibility paint job from the air.

Realism, like buying classic styles in clothing, will never go out of style. 

31 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

So you deny that your product Bodenplatte as pre-order time of my purchase on page https://il2sturmovik.com/ where you sell modules/expansions did not have line that promised Steam keys after release also?

If you do deny that it did not exist one of us is lying.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180109124858/https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

"Note: On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Bodenplatte. "

Kinda makes your point moot doesn't it?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Max_von_Wuthenau said:

viewing distance is absolutely perfect, thanks Devs!

Agreed

As someone who absolutely blows at dog-fighting so resides himself to blowing up crap on the ground, I like being hard to spot

15 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Kinda makes your point moot doesn't it?

Yes all my products are on Steam from the start as you can see on this link.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37904-steam-keys/

Company sold the Steam copies from the start and its good.

I knew something fishy will happen when i ask promised steam keys with Bodenplatte because i sensed some friction about Steam keys around kuban was released.

Does the company honor their sold product as promised or not.

If they go with the path of deny im sure it will be my last purchase.

Its sad to start defending my point by looking evidence so i can "make my point valid so im not lying" this should not happen.

This was the case from Ju-52 too way back.

I stand here alone i guess but im not going to "accept" any other than what my purchase was based on. Pay money in advance to make this expansion happen and get my product in Steam when its released. If its hard to understand you dont need to. 

"Pre-Order customers will have the option to receive a Steam key for this product after its release." 

Edited by Godspeed
In here it sucks to be right.

Just now, Godspeed said:

Yes all my products are on Steam from the start as you can see on this link.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37904-steam-keys/

Company sold the Steam copies from the start and its good.

I knew something fishy will happen when i ask promised steam keys.

Does the company honor their sold product as promised or not.

If they go with the path of deny im sure it will be my last purchase.

If you merge your installs then everything is played through Steam anyway...there is no functional difference.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Other hotfix?

Yes I got one, too. 272.7 MB

5 hours ago, SPEEDWULF77 said:

The only thing i miss ... is  NOT HAVING ENOUGH PLAYERS on Multiplayer...

This is a niche market, just deal with it!

Playing a sim such as this requires some motivation (at least somehow have a bit of interest for history and aeoronautics which isn't the case for most people) and some investments like a joystick and a traking device/VR and sometimes a new rig.

Some players dont want to fly online and stick to offline.

And last but not least some players just don't buy all of the expansions or have endless time to play.

So  that's a lot of people you won't ever see online.

I don't mind a smaller community myself I dont crave a massive community like what you would find in some mmo such as world of tanks or war thunder with all the increased number of cancerous people that inevitably come with larger communities.

Also I believe 46 worked so well because of the leap forward made by computers technology in the 90's and how popular computers became at that time and I'm pretty sure that's not happening again anytime soon.

Somehow I never played 46 back them but I did get my hands on Microprose Warbirds and of course the Combat flight Simulator series (cant wait to get back into a virtual Wildcat or Hellcat).

I was already happy with 1 or 2 full server so 3-4 post patch does it quite good to me.

2 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Yes I got one, too. 272.7 MB

I'm getting 476mb.

Go Team!:salute:

4 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear friends,

Having observed very differrent responses to the visibility change yesterday which returned to more realistic values, we have decided to add a new difficulty option called 'Alternate visibility'. It is turned on on Normal difficulty and turned off on Expert, you can also set it on or off on Custom difficulty. It can be also set by a multiplayer server owner.

In addition, we addressed several other bugs which were found: aircraft rearming in MP works fine, windshield should correctly clear from spilled oil during repairs. We also restored the ability to put off the fire by diving and applying the rudder.

Another important addition is the ability to turn on VSync together with FPS limiter in the game graphics options. This should minimize the stuttering if you have this problem. For example. turn VSync in the game on and set the limiter to the refresh rate of your screen (or lower if your system can't cope of keeping the steady FPS at this level) - if you have a regular 60 Hz screen set the limiter to 60 or, if your system has trouble keeping it, to a lower value like 30. This should greatly reduce the stuttering coming from FPS spikes and drops and make the game smoother. Also, don't forget to return Vsync settings in the driver to defaults if you have forced them before. Please experiment and let us know if you have a better experience than before.

Amazing response. Nothing short of amazing! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

That was faster then expected solution, best dev team ever, good job.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything more before next week. Hats off for 2 hotfixes just days after release.

Thank you very much!

• Upvote 2

I am confused as to why I am downloading 476Mb and others only have 201Mb.    I did download 'b' earlier today so it would be odd if those that did not ended up with a smaller update to 'c'