Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

On 10/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, 77.CountZero said:

You just have to have BoS on steam and link acounts and you can play Bodenplatte on steam, i dont think they give steam keys any more, and even if they do you could not play on steam only having bodenplatte, to play on steam you have to have Stalingrad first as its considered as main game, rest is just dlc.

Wrong.

Pre-Order Bodenplatte buyers will get Steam Keys after release if they decide to do so.

Jason Personally said that they will honor their promise. ( https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37904-steam-keys/ )

Pre-Order Bodenplatte was last product that they sold in the promise to exchange to Steam Keys.

It did this to Kuban, Bf 109 G-6 and Ju-52 too.

Bodenplatte is my last pre-order product since they dropped this "feature"

I keep my products only on Steam.

Edited by Godspeed

Finally got some stick time in the P-38 with my yoke. Just wow, so happy right now. Definitely my new go to plane, huge amount of fun.

16 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

I did not change a thing on T.A.R.G.E.T profile of my Warthog and all trims work just the same for the new planes as they did for the older ones. Only one difference, when I hit nose up trim on P-47 the numbers go from negative to positive, on new planes (51, 38, Temp) they go from positive to negative........... still works the same just numbers are 180° out of phase.  Which does not bother me in the least.

Cheers

Hoss

That's strange, I found it in settnigs as a new option and it was unassigned. So now it works fine. Maybe it was there before for other planes I didn't use or something.

Edited by Ouky1991

Great Update, with some strange things like the trim on certain planes that are inverted, I cannot remember if it is the P-38J or the P-51D, i have not the problem with the Tempest so it is not a problem with my keys attributions. Otherwise a perfect installation, beautiful maps, marvelous planes, blackout effects that are very realistic the only grey note is that with the new map I have a drop of fps to 30fps above the big cities! Now i am waiting for the same map but under the snow. Never happy, always waiting for something more.

Thanks to the developers team once again for this great effort and wonderful team work ! :salute:

7 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

We just turned on 3.201b hotfix that addresses the following problems:
8. Technochat message telling that a pilot is conscious again won't be displayed if he is dead already.

Nice thanks for fixes, but can you fix messages regarding timers expired and recovered to show also on all realisam setings, now they work only when instrument panle is on, and they are important messages for the way engine system works in this game. 

I mean we have technochat message that tells us that we lost concess or regain it ( when we can clearly see that happening) working on all realisam settings, but something as important as when timers are out dont work like all other messages, and you cant know from airplane when timer is realy expired and when its realy recovered without thouse messages that are in game but work only when instrument panel is on.

Great thing! Thanks Sneaksie! Now back to flying! Jade´s new P-51 mission is still on to do list

WONDERFUL...All is running fine and since I just upgraded my video card, I'm enjoying the simulator even more!!!!!!! This development team deserves something special, other than simple notes from those of us who play this simulation.  The detail and fidelity to history and detail is second to none.  If I ever run into any of the development team the beers are on me !

13 hours ago, Danziger said:

Have you never seen The Munsters?

yup...DeCarlo did show up in that series all right and did a good job I thought ,A school mate of mine at Art Center did a lot of pin-striping on the 'Munstermobile" and had a chance to see DeCarlo in action.According to him she played up her 'Diva" role about as much as she could...

5c642fc890bd2__yvonne-de-carlo.thumb.jpg.81e5812ac2ecc0edb7ffeff293c54a99.jpg

4 hours ago, Godspeed said:

Wrong.

Pre-Order Bodenplatte buyers will get Steam Keys after release if they decide to do so.

Jason Personally said that they will honor their promise. ( https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37904-steam-keys/ )

Pre-Order Bodenplatte was last product that they sold in the promise to exchange to Steam Keys.

It did this to Kuban, Bf 109 G-6 and Ju-52 too.

Bodenplatte is my last pre-order product since they dropped this "feature"

I keep my products only on Steam.

Completely false. Do not lie about what I say.  Never ever promised Steam keys for any BOBP purchase.

Jason

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

We just turned on 3.201b hotfix

Thank you Sneaksie and the Team!:salute:

19 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

yup...DeCarlo did show up in that series all right and did a good job I thought ,A school mate of mine at Art Center did a lot of pin-striping on the 'Munstermobile" and had a chance to see DeCarlo in action.According to him she played up her 'Diva" role about as much as she could...

5c642fc890bd2__yvonne-de-carlo.thumb.jpg.81e5812ac2ecc0edb7ffeff293c54a99.jpg

Man I used to have such a boner for her when I was a kid since I saw her in The Ten Commandments.

8. Coolant vapor and fuel leaks are no longer visible at great distances.

Thanks so much for that...This is by far the best flight sim for WWII assets. Keep up the great work Guys!

• Like 1

Yeah um, can we have the spotting back to how it was before the hotfix. Everything is invisible again. It was fantastic at release, now its ruined. Everyone may as well go back to hugging the deck again, you cant see anything below you anymore or at range. When you say "minimize" plane size effect I think it was more like "remove"

Edited by Lord_Flashheart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

is it normal for the Bodenplatte not to be selectable as a single player campaign? sorry if this is a dumbo question

7 minutes ago, Henree said:

is it normal for the Bodenplatte not to be selectable as a single player campaign? sorry if this is a dumbo question

Bodenplatte is still in early access. The single player campaigns will come later.

7 minutes ago, Henree said:

The campaign for Bodenplatte has not been released yet.  Oh I see AndyJWest just answered.

B-25 kills now show up in QMB! That wasn't mentioned in the hotfix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

Man I used to have such a boner for her when I was a kid since I saw her in The Ten Commandments.

I'm not sure if that violates any of the 10 commandments, but it sounds like it should.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

Yeah um, can we have the spotting back to how it was before the hotfix. Everything is invisible again. It was fantastic at release, now its ruined. Everyone may as well go back to hugging the deck again, you cant see anything below you anymore or at range. When you say "minimize" plane size effect I think it was more like "remove"

I noticed this also, was just checking ranges of vis before hot fix on lws server and then after the hot fix we were puzzled how now ranges are back to 10km, while before we were able to see each other from 20+km. Befor hot fix looked a bit to etreme from what i could see, but now it looks like its back to 10km.

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I noticed this also, was just checking ranges of vis before hot fix on lws server and then after the hot fix we were puzzled how now ranges are back to 10km, while before we were able to see each other from 20+km. Befor hot fix looked a bit to etreme from what i could see, but now it looks like its back to 10km.

Was it perhaps a fix to combat the micro stutter?

edit: Airplanes long-range visibility algorythm was corrected to minimize plane size amplification effect;

I wonder if this co relates in some fashion..

Edited by 1.JaVA_Sharpe43

4 minutes ago, 1.JaVA_Sharpe43 said:

Was it perhaps a fix to combat the micro stutter?

Maybe, but i think they are just testing and trying to fined the sweat spot, before hot fix was realy to big ranges of visability at one point i belive we could see each other from 50km in p-51s so it had to be adjusted, but now i cant see any differance then how it was before big update, maybe few km abow 10km but not noticable any more then that from what i could see.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

Thank you Lord_Flashheart. I hopped on excited to play today, and it was immediately apparent the scaling had been removed. Airfields felt lonely again, couldn't see a thing so I exited the game... Yes tweaks were needed, but overall it was a huge improvement. The play was fun.... You can tell by the steep numbers decline online that others are feeling the same way today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

11. Emergency canopy jettison command will be ignored during repairs in the service area.

How do you repair?

58 minutes ago, Strat said:

Thank you Lord_Flashheart. I hopped on excited to play today, and it was immediately apparent the scaling had been removed. Airfields felt lonely again, couldn't see a thing so I exited the game... Yes tweaks were needed, but overall it was a huge improvement. The play was fun.... You can tell by the steep numbers decline online that others are feeling the same way today.

Has not been removed, just tweaked. Don't spread lies.

Jason

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

My maximum spoting distance on daylight is around 20 kilometers for planes like B737 and A320 using TCAS to look on the right direction. It's the distance where those planes are an almost invisible dot.

Considering modern ships, you can easily see parked ships on a harbor from distances over 80 nautical miles.

Maybe this can help in tweaking visibility.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

It might as well have been removed since you can't see anything further than you could pre patch.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Nobody here is trying to spread lies I assure you.

I don't understand the hostility, this is a veteran sim player saying it's so difficult to see now that it's not playable after the last few days to a point he and speaking frankly myself thought it was completely removed.

And you know I agree with him and I'm also a veteran of air combat sim games.

This is heartbreaking and even more so by this response.

And also,  it's a very rude and disrespectful way to respond to a person that's been with you since the very beginning. A founder. Maybe you should reach out and speak with him. Please do.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

I meant no disrespect. It felt and looked exactly the way it had before this large patch... I was not trying to spread any lies. I enjoyed the change, and being joined once again by many pilots I haven't flown with in years. I am sad they did not want to play today.

Edited by Strat
  • Like 1

Hopefully it'll get tweaked back soon,one good thing at least Jasons aware of it.

You guys are overly dramatic. You write like they completely removed a feature they developed and there's no hope for it coming back.

Avoid overreacting and things will go far more smooth.

There has been complaint about the scaling (apparently it was making zoom useless because it made models disappear at middle zoom) , they tried to adapt, and now get the opposite complaint....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Strat said:

I meant no disrespect. It felt and looked exactly the way it had before this large patch... I was not trying to spread any lies.

No you see something you don't like and say false things cause you're pissed. Knock it off. We had users complain the opposite way about spotting including our lead engineer who is a real life pilot.  Seeing planes at 100km is extreme. The guys tried to bring the spotting closer reality and reduce the planes getting larger as you zoom out. We're in a no win situation due to the technology of screen sizes and pixels etc. and comments like yours, veteran player or not, just add agitation to the forum and force me to respond at 3am. I'm going back to sleep now. I've seen the complaints. 

Jason

11 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

My maximum spoting distance on daylight is around 20 kilometers for planes like B737 and A320 using TCAS to look on the right direction. It's the distance where those planes are an almost invisible dot. 

This is the kind of situation we are trying to address. What we had before was no as realistic as we'd like, but it's not an easy thing to tweak to get perfect.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

My posts are about the improvement the scaling made specifically. I will send a PM... Apologies for waking you. 

Edited by Strat
  • Upvote 2

Spotting is under 10km again, sure the contrail shows up at far distance, that's it though, nobodies saying the view distance is removed, it's clearly still there, but the scaling has been returned to pre patch levels and nobody can see anything just like it was.

Here's pictures.

tRdiAPm.png

9pYmsUa.png

uvSEh5K.png

Anything past 9km is invisible. Plane wise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

TBH I also had thought it was removed until I looked at the patch notes...  Imo opinion it wasn't perfect but I don't think it should have been almost reset back to where it was pre-patch as pre-patch is  worse than the issues post patch by far.

Edited by nighthawk2174

2 minutes ago, 4brkfast said:

LOYAL CUSTOMERS that you treat so rudely and disrespectfully.

I dont think Jason is being rude. As he said its 3am and I imagine after such a massive patch release with all this feedback it is quite hectic.

that being said, I was in several servers where people thought the effect was removed, not just tweaked. And as the pictures JonRedcorn posted show, it might as well have been removed.

I think we all agree 100km is absurd. Honestly I would like to see the scaling most aggressive from 1-8nm, then drop off after that. No one doubts the technical problems posed here, but ill take excessive spotting over being blind any day of the week.

3 minutes ago, 4brkfast said:

He isn't asking to see ranges up to 100km.

He's asking to see them consistently at 2-15km, which is now extremely challenging once again similar to pre-patch.

That's the issue here. And that is extremely rude again and disrespectful once again, it's honestly very astounding - nobody is asking to keep it the way it was, that is nobody really wants giant planes zoomed out of course.

I personally expected it to be tweaked because as mentioned the zoom out is exaggerated to an unrealistic point, completely agree!

But at least we could see planes consistently. Which is what we want and are asking for as customers, LOYAL CUSTOMERS that you treat so rudely and disrespectfully.

The reason he and myself are upset and for myself heartbroken is because we lost a game to fly in! That is all we want! To play the game we have so much hope for and of which, not 24 hours ago we were playing and in my case, was enjoying for the first time.

That's not a damn complaint, that's a hopeful loyal customer telling you your product isn't any fun and NOT out of spite or anger, it's the truth! That's why there's only 100 players right now!

Sorry, we get treated rudely a lot for just trying to make the game better. Things you like or dislike come and go, it's not the end of the world. And you have no idea what our numbers of players mean. Half the world is asleep right now. Stop with the panic.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1