Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

Posted (edited)

Sooo huge update. With so many planes, map, improvements and fixes... but... yesterday my two wingmens were mostly exited about only ONE thing!

ktZapHM.jpg

32. It's possible to display a customizable photo in all aircraft cockpits and tank cabins;

Devs, if you want to earn some good money, just add some DLC with sexy 3D model girl, sitting in cockpit on the pilot's lap! You are going to drown in money 😄

Edited by AlienAlienzo
  • Like 1

thats an update....  thanks for saving the day 777´s, you are the best ;)

1 hour ago, JG51_Beazil said:

As another wwiionline veteran, I am also excited to see this.  

This patch is so big and there have been so many tweaks and improvements it's really difficult to fully appreciate.  That's a good thing.

I've flown 38's, 262's (hey they are available on maps now), ponies and tempests, as well as enjoying the Arras map in some ww1 action.  There is still rearm/refuel, a myriad of mods for the new planes, corners of maps, various cities and landmarks to explore... Tanks in those cities... I guess I'll have to quit my job to be able to experience all of it....

Salutations to another wwiionline veteran. :salute:

• Upvote 1

P-38 is a BLAST.  Everything I had hoped and more. Strong elevator authority, snappy roll, I can see why air racers liked them.  The visibility fore and aft, especially 6 o'clock low, are unparalleled.  Attack this beast from the flanks, can't see anything but wing for miles.  You will only catch the sleepiest P-38 pilot from 6 low.  It's fire is deadly accurate to long range and devastating when it hits (I kept ripping wings off 190s), but you have to be a good shot...I'll have to work on that.  Speed is, well, not great but it's an old plane.  I am surprised to learn it has no radiator controls.  Neat.  Don't need to screw with that.  The counter props give it amazing vertical stability, this thing will hang on its props for a long time and then gently let you roll over and gain speed.  Not sure that's a great move in combat, but it's fun to do nonetheless.  I'm not sure I like how my FFB stick interprets the trimming, though.  It'll have to grow on me.  

So glad you fixed the visibility problem.  Distant buildings are great to have as well as the ships and planes.  Great update. 

4 hours ago, III./SG77-R_Lehmann said:

Until so far I really like the update. However, I had a real hard time navigating on the Rheinland mat when it suddenly struck me. The Rheinland map is just copy and paste with a few iconical rivers, lakes cities and airfields on it. I really appreciate that the devs are working extremely hard for our entertainment and pleasure to play this game. However I feel that this is just very cheap and extremely rushed. I had preffered to wait another month for a better map, rather than seeing this. I genuinly can't look past this.

I understand that they mirror some segments of the map to enlarge it. Especially at the edges of the map so the immersion of the scale of the map is not broken. However, it looks like the developers took a 10x10km grid and just copy and pasted it over the whole map. I know/understand it's essential to fill up the map with some copy and pasting. However, an example shown in the first screenshot makes it look very obvious. You can clearly see a straight pattern.

The second screenshot is much less obvious that extensive copy and pasting has been used. The patterns are a bit shifted and rotated around eachother to achieve a better effect.

Hopefully the devs will work on the detail of the map in the future.

20191001145303_1.thumb.jpg.7f21fa407b4e350d23678afbba114024.jpg

20191001145751_1.thumb.jpg.d53f098d7ce5f5f3c8c2a3db4b883020.jpg

Thank you. I thought I would be allone here. As much as I appreciate the work of the whole dev. team here, after a few flights over the map, I´m a bit disappointed. (YES I know about possible limitations of the game engine.)

-The textures are very repetive.

-I was a bit shocked as I flew over Duisburg. Most of the Industrial zones of the "Ruhrgebiet" - the ruhr area are missing. Cities like Essen, Duisburg, Dortmund, Bochum should be full of Coal mines, Steel factories, smoking chimneys. This area was the industrial heart of my homeland.

- The map in the current state looks a bit steril and unatural empty. This part of Europe was a densely populated area and the Rine was the biggest Waterway in central europe. Now its a complete ghost river. I´m still hoping for european ships and river boats assets in a near future.

-A few more Farms and small villages would break the repetive texure patterns a lot. Especially around the Cities.

Dont get me wrong please. I´m happy as the most of us here that the map is finally released.

Maybe we will see futher improvements over the time like with the Kuban map?

• Upvote 6

Thank you developers for such a great update!

New planes - top notch.

Physiology feature is awesome. It changed dogfights significantly. Need to be more careful in turning and AI opponents are affected as well. I've seen them unable to recover from a dive couple of times. 

Axis trims is cool new feature.

Distand objects visibility - great, I can finally enjoy bomber careers. 

The new DB engine sounds - I hope that they're still WIP, since they lack the growl, and differences in engine modes is hardly noticeable.

The contact visibility is great,  however I've noticed that in VR planes that are 5 or more kms away appear to be increased in scale. For example a 110 in a distance appears as if it's AN-225 giant. And when you hit zoom key, they are scaled down. I'll play around more, but that's my first impression on planes visibility at distance. 

This one is from a previous update, the prop in VR appears to be still, and doesn't react to rpm changes. This might be due to some reprojection, but I remember that on previous versions I could easily see the change in spinning speed. 

Overall, it's a great update. And I enjoy it a lot. 

I'm missing my home town ... Neuss ... left of Düsseldorf on the Rhineland map. The harbour has been already outlined (five harbour basins). Maybe its related town will be added in the future ... :(

Anyhow, it's been a gigantic update . Thanks a lot for your efforts, devs!!! :)

Incredible release and clearly only part of the BoBp final.

Fantastic work and I am astounded by the effort and skill that went in to this.

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody.

While I fully enjoy the completion of the Bodenplatte set up and can't stop me drooling after testing the P-38, I have a major problem hosting coop servers.

I've resaved all missions using the Mission Editor tool, but only roughly half of my dogfight maps would work properly and so for none of my coops would work right since updating to 3.201.

I can load the maps, but as for dogfight, after selecting side and plane, no machine and cockpit is showing, or the AI isn't loading.

Similar for coop, in which after selecting a side and a plane results in the little "please wait watch" cursor to go on without ever finishing.

I wondered if anybody had encountered the same or similar issues?

Salute!

Edited by PFR_Bearkiller72
content correction

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 4./JG26_Onebad said:

Pilot's physiology system is tickable as an option and I fully intend to keep it on, I really like the system.

The audio cues aren't tickable and I'd love if they were.

TBH it sounds like the guy is having serious trouble dropping a heavy load down the toilet ;) Let's hope there'll be option to mute those sounds. And about that 150 octane...any chance we'll see P-47 drinking that stuff in the future?

Edited by Korowiov

Since the last update, I find that the visibility of "contacts" has dropped significantly. Am I the only one to have this problem?

7 hours ago, Godspeed said:

I really enjoy flying P-38 and Tempest.

When Bodenplatte will be released so i can ask for Steam keys?

Thanks for great work Devs AI seems better now.

You just have to have BoS on steam and link acounts and you can play Bodenplatte on steam, i dont think they give steam keys any more, and even if they do you could not play on steam only having bodenplatte, to play on steam you have to have Stalingrad first as its considered as main game, rest is just dlc.

10 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Since the last update, I find that the visibility of "contacts" has dropped significantly. Am I the only one to have this problem?

No, I have better visibility like before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

No, I have better visibility like before. 

I just tested the new visibility and it is much better for me as well.

• Like 1

After couple of hours testing I must say only WELL DONE TEAM!!!

New spotting system is marvellous, Icons being blocked by cockpit frames; great, AI improvements are really noticeable! No sound issues any more. And all the new stuff...

Hat's off to you Dev team! :salute:

Posted (edited)

FYI:

After the latest update an interesting issue came up for me.  With mods enabled I can't have ships as a Quick Mission target on any Kuban map. 

I get this error; LuaScripts/WorldObjects/Ship/LandBoatA/LandBoatA-MGC30.txt

The ship changes with each start.  The game freezes up and I have to use Task Manger to close it.

This does not happen on any other map where ships are a target option, only Kuban. 

Not a game killer but an annoyance.

Not worth a ticket because it's a mods issue.  It doesn't happen with mods off. 

This is the screen I get:

Ship Load Error_Kuban_QM_2.jpg

Edited by Beebop

Outstanding work guys, thank you very much for this update, really appreciated.:drinks:

I am having FPS issues on these two new maps, my usual 60 down to 40, guess I will have to tweak a few things, not sure how full blown missions will perform but considering the size and object density of the Bodenplatte map it was to be expected I suppose.

Still exploring, that is some area, Arras on the other hand is so tiny yet the same FPS issues, maybe the final release will see further improvements.

The aircraft as always are awesome.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Short demo of the new feature.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

Outstanding work guys, thank you very much for this update, really appreciated.:drinks:

I am having FPS issues on these two new maps, my usual 60 down to 40, guess I will have to tweak a few things, not sure how full blown missions will perform but considering the size and object density of the Bodenplatte map it was to be expected I suppose.

Still exploring, that is some area, Arras on the other hand is so tiny yet the same FPS issues, maybe the final release will see further improvements.

The aircraft as always are awesome.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Noticing an FPS drop too. I fly VR and before the update in a 4 on 4 quick mission I was getting a nice steady 70 - 80 fps. Now I'm around 50 - 60 fps. As you say, lets hope the final release sorts it out.

Fab update tho!

:)

28. Object markers can be blocked by landscape and objects, including own aircraft or vehicle;

Has anyone got this to work? Been fiddling around in settings and can't seem to find it. By default I can still see through my plane.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, HappyHaddock said:

I've been holding off from buying a new PC as the 7year old machine I have is more than adequate for my work needs, though I wonder if this update might be the final straw in terms of accepting I merely want a new PC just for this sim

HH

Same here im about to buy a 2k$ rig and a new joystick just to play il 2 hahaha

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, which planes exactly from Bodenplate have G-Suite implemented in-game? Please, no speculation like xxx should have, only confirmed answear, ideally from devs... Thank you in advance.

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

First to all , congratulations to 1C team ! impressive hard work , a mix of art, mastership and technology 👏👏👏.
I have a "small" trouble with the new phisiological G effect and Ju 87 Stuka.... I simply lose consciousness when i leaving the dive! 😵

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Hi, which planes exactly from Bodenplate have G-Suite implemented in-game? Please, no speculation like xxx should have, only confirmed answear, ideally from devs... Thank you in advance.

The P-51, P38 and P-47 pilots will have g suits.

Edit: IRL the FW-190 had inclined pilot seat that helped somewhat with coping with G. 

8 minutes ago, andres43 said:

I simply lose consciousness when i leaving the dive! 😵

Dive brakes down and don't yank the stick too hard 😉

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone experiencing planes disappearing or almost disappearing during mid-zoom? They usually appear OK when zoomed in at 100% or 0%, but in the middle, perhaps 30 to 70%, the dots (even when they are somewhat close) shrink dramatically and some fade into thin air.

It is not the ‘leaf in the wind’ effect, when depending on the position they appear or disappear, but it is linked to the zoom feature.

It greatly disrupts spatial perception. Is this a bug? Several players confirmed this on the server I was on (Hotballs - WWI). I also saw the same thing in Berloga, perhaps even worse, as the targets move fast.

The effect of appearing and disappearing confuses and makes it impossible to track multiple objects.

I have a 2560X1080p monitor.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:
53 minutes ago, andres43 said:

I simply lose consciousness when i leaving the dive! 😵

Edited 38 minutes ago by 6./ZG26_Custard

Throttle back some as well before pulling out of the dive.  Throttle control has a big effect in flying now.

• Upvote 1

I'm more excited to see RRR than the new planes. Am i bad? Nice one devs! Looking forward to trying it all.

Elevator trim doesn't work (on the new planes only). Does it have different name in settings or what am I missing? I'm using buttons, not axis.

Fantastic update, the new pilot physiology model is extremely well done and adds a lot to immersion and tactical decision making.  I also like the icons being hidden behind the cockpit and ground features.  The three new aircraft are outstanding as well.  Really love the P38! 

The map is looking good and I hope some more work is planed prior to final release.  I agree with several posters who suggested adding some farm buildings and tiny villages between the larger cities (if there are concerns about performance an option can be added to disable this).  I really like the new suburban areas around some city's and it would be great to extend these out further so the city's "blend" more organically into the surrounding countryside.  Lastly adding some more variety to the farm field textures would make long flights more interesting and aid VFR navigation.  

Keep up the great work - it is apricated!! 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, SeaW0lf said:

Is anyone experiencing planes disappearing or almost disappearing during mid-zoom? They usually appear OK when zoomed in at 100% or 0%, but in the middle, perhaps 30 to 70%, the dots (even when they are somewhat close) shrink dramatically and some fade into thin air.

It is not the ‘leaf in the wind’ effect, when depending on the position they appear or disappear, but it is linked to the zoom feature.

It greatly disrupts spatial perception. Is this a bug? Several players confirmed this on the server I was on (Hotballs - WWI). I also saw the same thing in Berloga, perhaps even worse, as the targets move fast.

The effect of appearing and disappearing confuses and makes it impossible to track multiple objects.

I have a 2560X1080p monitor.

@seawolf, have a look here and comment - I have the same issue, with the exception that i cant see them at 100% zoom either. Small in the big scheme of things, but an irritant when you are trying to decide whether to engage, or are checking if the contact is alone.

The overall spotting situation is now amazing though, it has to be said :)

Edited by =[TIA]=jnoelcq
minor clarification

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

The P-51, P38 and P-47 pilots will have g suits.

Edit: IRL the FW-190 had inclined pilot seat that helped somewhat with coping with G. 

1 hour ago, blitze said:

Throttle back some as well before pulling out of the dive.  Throttle control has a big effect in flying now.

Thanks! 👍👍. I think that i must return to the training flight camp for debug my dive bomber technique...

1 minute ago, =[TIA]=jnoelcq said:

@seawolf, have a look here and comment - I have the same issue. Small in the big scheme of things, but an irritant when you are trying to decide whether to engage, or are checking if the contact is alone.

The overall spotting situation is now amazing though, it has to be said :)

But this does not happen just with distant planes, and it is not at the end of the zoom. It happens in mid zoom, and other players reported the same issue in the mission. At least from what I'm seeing, the zoom feature is sort of useless now, since you can't use it without losing sight of planes that were perfectly visible with zero zoom or with 100% zoom.

Something went wrong with the spotting fix I suppose. Spotting was difficult already, now we lost the zoom as well so it would be important to ckeck it. I'm not sure if I'll have time to report a bug, but I'm reporting here so that it may be looked at (?). Larner reported the same thing when I was there.

Anyways, 

31 minutes ago, -IRRE-Biluf said:

Remap your buttons to axis trims

Do you mean this will somehow reset it and then I can go back to my original settings, or the new planes don't work with buttons? Spit and K4 work fine with buttons after the update btw. 

Posted (edited)

Great Update so far, really enjoy flying the P-38 and P-51 with my friends. Both are great aircraft and they do not disappoint.

150 Fuel is a welcome addition though I'm disappointed we don't get it for the P-47 also, I understand you're limited on time and resources.

Great Update

Edited by Legioneod

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:31 PM, No74_Cheese said:

GET IN THERE!!!! got my Tempest

only 400 rounds and no rockets. me sad :(