Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

1 hour ago, Kapteeni said:

It is cool that we can use Arras map with ww2 aircarft too. 

I haven't tested Tanks much, but i found 1 bug. When crossing a bridge in Köln (Cologne) , my T-34 is floating above it. Not a big deal, tho.

I'm tempted to to learn mission editor. It  looks complicated, but i want some farms and country villages plus whatever makes missions more impressive for Tank battles.

It is not fun to see empty villages and towns. I know, this is a flight simulator mainly, but Tankdriving game (quite expensive) too. But i'm sure that Tank Crew will be amazingly fun, when it is ready. It is fun already.

For me the best part of Rheinland is South East.

Next thing is to check new AI and all the other newbies. .  

Cheers, Kapteeni

Map is made for air stuff not for tanks, only map that was purpesly build for tanks is Prokhrovka. Its up to mission maker to make it more populated to tank standards if he plans to use it for tanks or not use them where they dont belong, as if others maps are made to tank map standards they would be unplayable, there is reson why detail part of tank map is only ~20km, and not ~400km.

Pleased fill the area between essen and Dortmund with generic City and factory tiles.

And add the Stauder brewery and Villa Hügel (Krupp mansion at the baldeneysee) as Landmarks.

At least the Krupp Villa. That Thing is huge with its own train Station.

Edited by J2-Oelmann
  • Upvote 4

Great Update!

At last I can map my Spitfire gear control correctly instead of the silly toggle :)

..and..trim on an axis!...Bravo devs!

Could somebody post some screenshots of the Arras map please? Not here of course but in screenshot section of this forum. 

I am considering to buy Flying Circus but would like to see more first and there are not much screenshots out there already.

12 minutes ago, PicksKing said:

Could somebody post some screenshots of the Arras map please? Not here of course but in screenshot section of this forum. 

I am considering to buy Flying Circus but would like to see more first and there are not much screenshots out there already.

It's not so much the map that makes Flying Circus,, it's those adorable putt putt planes that dance on a dime and require good shooting skills to bring em down.

9 hours ago, Thorns1 said:

Being retired has its advantages...

I hear that !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blitze said:

It's not so much the map that makes Flying Circus,, it's those adorable putt putt planes that dance on a dime and require good shooting skills to bring em down.

To be honest, for me it would more be the map, as I am not that interested in fighting with WW I aircrafts, but the map looks much more like there is a war going on, which makes a lot of the immersion.

I really enjoy flying P-38 and Tempest.

When Bodenplatte will be released so i can ask for Steam keys?

Thanks for great work Devs AI seems better now.

So far I'm delighted with the update, it looks terrific and the three new aircraft are breathtaking. I can see many hours ahead getting a grip on the new ships, not an unpleasant prospect for sure. Outstanding work, folks, I've been too disabled to even board a full size aircraft for over a dozen years, but this sim is tops for letting me feel like I'm flying again!

Now, I do have one small issue, mostly cosmetic: when in the P-38's cockpit on the ground or in the air, I can't see the nose gear reflected in the mirrors on the nacelles. The ground, grass and runway surfaces display just fine in each mirror, only that nose gear is missing. I'll attach a screen shot where the nosewheel was sitting exactly on one of the runway expansion joints, confirmed from the external view.

Am I neglecting something very very obvious here? I watched Requiem's how-to vid earlier and could see that reflected nose gear just fine. FWIW I'm running a fairly decent setup, an RTX 2070 GPU with a Ryzen eight core 3.2 GHz CPU and other than this issue IL-2 and other current games run smooth as oiled silk on it.

So, what (hopefully) simple factor am I overlooking here?

image.thumb.png.d07eb27f01a9fe84a7f86522c38081b6.png

Edited by =MFC=Gunloon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, =MFC=Gunloon said:

Am I neglecting something very very obvious here?

You have mirrors set to "simple".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, =MFC=Gunloon said:

So far I'm delighted with the update, it looks terrific and the three new aircraft are breathtaking. I can see many hours ahead getting a grip on the new ships, not an unpleasant prospect for sure. Outstanding work, folks, I've been too disabled to even board a full size aircraft for over a dozen years, but this sim is tops for letting me feel like I'm flying again!

Now, I do have one small issue, mostly cosmetic: when in the P-38's cockpit on the ground or in the air, I can't see the nose gear reflected in the mirrors on the nacelles. The ground, grass and runway surfaces display just fine in each mirror, only that nose gear is missing. I'll attach a screen shot where the nosewheel was sitting exactly on one of the runway expansion joints, confirmed from the external view.

Am I neglecting something very very obvious here? I watched Requiem's how-to vid earlier and could see that nose gear just fine. FWIW I'm running a fairly decent setup, an RTX 2070 GPU with a Ryzen eight core 3.2 GHz CPU and other than this issue IL-2 and other current games run smooth as oiled silk on it.

So, what (hopefully) simple factor am I overlooking here?

image.thumb.png.d07eb27f01a9fe84a7f86522c38081b6.png

Funnily enough I wondered that as well, dropped the gear for my first landing and had no idea if it was down or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

It was almost exclusively used as a strafer, only carried bombs in the last week of the war, never carried rockets during the war.

Yeah, in the "Armed Reconnaissance" role it usually fulfilled, bombs would have been a liability. They were on patrol behind enemy lines hitting multiple targets like trains, trucks, aircraft, whatever they found. Unless they found a target to hit with the bombs right away they'd be toodling around with dead weight vulnerable to enemy fighters. 

14 minutes ago, Feri1976feca1229 said:

Hi!
What do I need to do to update?

Your email is showing which is not generally a good idea.

Open launcher.exe in program files(x86)/1C Games Studios/Il-2 sturmovik battle of something or other/bin/game

That should open a window that will automatically check if there is an update and start downloading it.

• Thanks 1

Until so far I really like the update. However, I had a real hard time navigating on the Rheinland mat when it suddenly struck me. The Rheinland map is just copy and paste with a few iconical rivers, lakes cities and airfields on it. I really appreciate that the devs are working extremely hard for our entertainment and pleasure to play this game. However I feel that this is just very cheap and extremely rushed. I had preffered to wait another month for a better map, rather than seeing this. I genuinly can't look past this.

I understand that they mirror some segments of the map to enlarge it. Especially at the edges of the map so the immersion of the scale of the map is not broken. However, it looks like the developers took a 10x10km grid and just copy and pasted it over the whole map. I know/understand it's essential to fill up the map with some copy and pasting. However, an example shown in the first screenshot makes it look very obvious. You can clearly see a straight pattern.

The second screenshot is much less obvious that extensive copy and pasting has been used. The patterns are a bit shifted and rotated around eachother to achieve a better effect.

Hopefully the devs will work on the detail of the map in the future.

20191001145303_1.thumb.jpg.7f21fa407b4e350d23678afbba114024.jpg

20191001145751_1.thumb.jpg.d53f098d7ce5f5f3c8c2a3db4b883020.jpg

Edited by III./SG77-R_Lehmann
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

You have mirrors set to "simple".

Ah, as I figured. In hindsight it makes sense as a factor to reduce the GPU's workload if needed, but I wasn't aware of it. Thank you, as you likely know, it works fine now!

It's a kinda nostalgic thing for me, the MU-2s I flew in my able days had mirrors on each tip tank so the pilot could inspect the gear in flight. It was also a good confirmation that the gear was down...more than one Mits pilot has landed gear up or partially extended when a pilot who hadn't experienced the 47 kazillion pumps on the handle it took to fully extend it decided he wasn't making progress to pump the gear down after a gear motor failure.

PC161011.JPG

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !!!!

Well done devs!!! Great stuff!!! FANTASTIC!!

Thank you so much

36 minutes ago, III./SG77-R_Lehmann said:

Until so far I really like the update. However, I had a real hard time navigating on the Rheinland mat when it suddenly struck me. The Rheinland map is just copy and paste with a few iconical rivers, lakes cities and airfields on it. I really appreciate that the devs are working extremely hard for our entertainment and pleasure to play this game. However I feel that this is just very cheap and extremely rushed. I had preffered to wait another month for a better map, rather than seeing this. I genuinly can't look past this.

I understand that they mirror some segments of the map to enlarge it. Especially at the edges of the map so the immersion of the scale of the map is not broken. However, it looks like the developers took a 10x10km grid and just copy and pasted it over the whole map. I know/understand it's essential to fill up the map with some copy and pasting. However, an example shown in the first screenshot makes it look very obvious. You can clearly see a straight pattern.

The second screenshot is much less obvious that extensive copy and pasting has been used. The patterns are a bit shifted and rotated around eachother to achieve a better effect.

Hopefully the devs will work on the detail of the map in the future.

20191001145303_1.thumb.jpg.7f21fa407b4e350d23678afbba114024.jpg

20191001145751_1.thumb.jpg.d53f098d7ce5f5f3c8c2a3db4b883020.jpg

It’s still a wip bud kuban was the same before final realease.

There's a bug with the sound of the pilot grunting when pulling Gs:

If sufficient G-force is applied, then lowered, then reapplied and so on, the sound effect will be played each time, which results with something reminiscent of an xxx production.

It's a teething problem I'd imagine and easy to fix, also, any chances of pilot grunting being a tickable option? Not a huge fan of a disembodied voice that's not even remotely similar to my own breathing in me ear.

6 minutes ago, 4./JG26_Onebad said:

If sufficient G-force is applied, then lowered, then reapplied and so on, the sound effect will be played each time, which results with something reminiscent of an xxx production.

There's nothing wrong in expressing joy when you're having fun 😁

57 minutes ago, =MFC=Gunloon said:

It's a kinda nostalgic thing for me, the MU-2s I flew in my able days had mirrors on each tip tank so the pilot could inspect the gear in flight.

You flew the Mits? You're my personal hero! Awesome airplane! 😀

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 4./JG26_Onebad said:

There's a bug with the sound of the pilot grunting when pulling Gs:

It's a teething problem I'd imagine and easy to fix, also, any chances of pilot grunting being a tickable option? Not a huge fan of a disembodied voice that's not even remotely similar to my own breathing in me ear.

It is.

1 hour ago, Feri1976feca1229 said:

Hi!
What do I need to do to update?

If after successfully downloading the update.... click on ENTER a second time. 😑

Edited by Thad

1 órával ezelőtt ésszerűtlen azt mondta:

Az e-mailje azt mutatja, amely általában nem jó ötlet.

Nyissa meg a launcher.exe programfájlokat (x86) / 1C Games Studios / Il-2 valami vagy más csata csata / bin / játék

Ennek megnyílik egy ablak, amely automatikusan ellenőrzi, van-e frissítés, és elkezdi letölteni.

Thank you it works fine!
  • Like 1

The new update is brilliant!

The things I like the most are:

• New spot and sunreflect sistem. Finally!!!! This is the BEST thing about this update! The multiplayer server now really feels like an online game! I flew to an objective and saw so many planes! It was terrifying! I didn't feel alone at all (happened alot before this update). I was tense with the constant cons I was spotting it was great!!!
  • The new Physiology is awesome! This add a whole new skill you have to master in dogfights. Now you must know your body limits, not just the plane's. This made dogfight so much more realistic. This feels like real life now, not a game! 
  • The new map is stunning beautiful! The big cities are awesome and very optimized! Can't wait to have real missions on them! I'm a WW2OL veteran and it was great to fly over antwerp again!
  • Picture on the cockpit. Awesome detail and personalization, great feature!

Of course the new planes and all other features are really great too!

I think this update real made IL-2 BOX go to the next level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Feri1976feca1229 said:

Thank you it works fine!

1 hour ago, unreasonable said:

e-mailje azt mutatja, amely általában nem jó ötlet.

Nyissa meg a launcher.exe programfájlokat (x86) / 1C Games Studios / Il-2 valami vagy más csata csata / bin / játék

Ennek megnyílik egy ablak, amely automatikusan ellenőrzi, van-e frissítés, és elkezdi letölteni.

Awesome, I can speak Hungarian! Always thought it was a cool country. ;) 

Glad you have it sorted.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Why, computer problem or something else, as you can mail OK ...

I moved to a new town and I was supposed to have internet from day one but the ISP [Edited] massively so i‘ve been living without internet since end of August, all I have is my phone 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language

22 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

Has the mystery collector plane announced yet?

Hurricane and Yak9(and 9T).

• Thanks 1

Any Devs can give us some information how the refuel/rearm/repair feature works? Step by step? Many of us dont really understand some points in the sentences

"to the object" wich one?
"set to On" how to do so?
If we are talking about the spawnpoints, it doesnt works.

• Upvote 1

The devs did a great job on this update and it takes the sim to a new level.  Really enjoying the improved view distance and new physiological modeling.

1 hour ago, 4./JG26_Onebad said:

So this is when he tugs back and forth on his joystick?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, [GDG]Andreher said:

• The new map is stunning beautiful! The big cities are awesome and very optimized! Can't wait to have real missions on them! I'm a WW2OL veteran and it was great to fly over antwerp again!

As another wwiionline veteran, I am also excited to see this.  

This patch is so big and there have been so many tweaks and improvements it's really difficult to fully appreciate.  That's a good thing.

I've flown 38's, 262's (hey they are available on maps now), ponies and tempests, as well as enjoying the Arras map in some ww1 action.  There is still rearm/refuel, a myriad of mods for the new planes, corners of maps, various cities and landmarks to explore... Tanks in those cities... I guess I'll have to quit my job to be able to experience all of it....

Edited by JG51_Beazil
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anyone else notice this skin is not available for mustang....arguably one of the most import squadrons to part take in bodenplatte???

bob_premium_ea_Xnx6Kmq.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elem said:

It is.

Pilot's physiology system is tickable as an option and I fully intend to keep it on, I really like the system.

The audio cues aren't tickable and I'd love if they were.

• Upvote 2

Ok, so after getting home, and mucking around a bit in the new planes.

Very nice, well modeled, good sounds, believable....just sensational.

Pilot physics get a HUGE 👍

Extremely well implemented!!! I cant find a thing I dislike about it. Well done!!

The new DB605 engine sounds will take some getting used to.

Spotting distance...also well done. I see the loss of resolution when zooming....but the sim did that before. It's just a bit more pronounced now.

Building distance I didn't care about because I'm a dive bomber and had no desire to use video resources I didnt need.

New map...cant comment, didnt see it.

From what I've seen...this is a TOP NOTCH update. The only things I saw were small and already been reported. The achievements this team has made, JUST SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE is astonishing. Considering the size of the team, they move mountains to make this sim better. I've made a sound investment here.

Now.....ON TO THE PACIFIC!!!!!!!!!       *please*

• Like 1