Nic727

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020

4 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Does it happen with any bridge, or is it just the GG?

People have been flying under the GG for years. That supposedly includes B-47s

I bet it will work with smaller planes, it doesn't with 747 for sure or i have some option disabled.. i have no idea but the fly through was clean like on couple of other bridges and it turned into blackscreen.

2 hours ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Edit: 

I have tried to fly inverted with the Boeing 747 under the golden gate bridge, but naaaaa the game's hitbox makes it impossible even if you fly normal under it with the 747, not even touching anything with the plane still doesn't work so yeah... fix dis mfs2020! 😒😒😒

Try the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It has a proper model now and there's plenty of room ;)

Will try.

I just put on my red cape and currently DLing the game. Just 90 gig to go...

Let's see if I can get that Rotax engine to quit under negative g 🤪🤘

Well, that is, if all the bytes are finished being morsed over to me by tomorrow morning...:russian_ru:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ace_Pilto said:

Try the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It has a proper model now and there's plenty of room ;)

nope there is non, wtf? 😮

Weird, I saw someone on Twitch fly under it. It might have something to do with updates. 

9pm GMT... 20,338 people in game according to steam.

Not bad numbers despite the many who declared they were going to get a refund for a multitude of reasons... I'd say Microsoft has managed to create something really special here.

That's not to say there weren't many people with problems of course. But most stuck with it, battled through and eventually got it working (me included).

Can't wait to see what the future will bring  :) 

1 hour ago, Ace_Pilto said:

Weird, I saw someone on Twitch fly under it. It might have something to do with updates. 

It is a mod..

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/ihjc78/release_download_sydney_harbour_bridge/

I am having fun.. flying with others is derpy as fuu

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monostripezebra said:

am having fun.. flying with others is derpy as fuu

I tried some landings there with the Caravan. Really hard to get right. 
How did you get that many planes coming. Not yet met one

Btw, this sim take all my available time. 
For some reason I cannot get enough. 
I am sure I get fed up , but until then , what a refreshing sim

• Upvote 3

Has anyone managed to find the mysterious Skull Island? Some say it's a myth but I saw it in a movie.

Latitude: -12° 00' 0.00" S
Longitude: 78° 00' 0.00" E

skull-island2.thumb.jpg.d25e614bbb9a4b35227613bbf2849109.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I've been making my way up the Florida Peninsula and across Georgia in a C152 Aerobat, picking up FSEconomy jobs and navigating through weather and big airports etc. Just made it to South Carolina and about to cut inland to Indiana via Kentucky before heading to the North East and on to Canada. Also using OnAir Airline manager and working in my local area in a Bonanza. I just can't get over how much of a solid foundation has been laid here. This sim is going to be a monolith for years to come.

If anyone is looking to add a little more context to their flying check out FSEconomy and OnAir company, both are really great. FSE is free and lets you for groups/airlines.FBO's etc. OnAir requires a subscription and has a lot more "depth" in the management and very active development.

8 hours ago, Monostripezebra said:

It is a mod..

I am having fun.. flying with others is derpy as fuu

Ahh so that is the answer. Looks like you're doing a Tenerife re-enactment there. I'll have to see about inspecting the underside of Sydeny harbour bridge in the largest plane I can find at some point. 

Edit: I think FSE's servers have melted, currently down for me.

Edited by Ace_Pilto
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Landing in wild places sure is fun.. you can land most scanned buildings, only if the object stands in the water there will be a crash message, so like the aircraft carrier or LHAs in San Diego are unlandable but the helipads and statiums are mostly landable.

Edited by Monostripezebra
  • Like 1

Got some PTO feeling here, Henderson field. Nice weather today.

614060378_hendersonfield.thumb.jpg.b6cf4388c089c33664b2b4f138251d56.jpg

But then went back to the MTO... Rome. Weather sucks now.

Rom.thumb.jpg.1d0d562f50b0f58fbf65ac845d604060.jpg

rom2.thumb.jpg.e1670734dc991156ccdf375557598033.jpg

The manual caching helps with the photo scenery. Yet still it takes a while for the envirmnment to become fully detailed.

Naples, like Rome also photoscenery looks nicer. Still good weather today.

neapel.thumb.jpg.9aedd8e8833f01f07bca09a01db89c13.jpg

Now that is a place for real estate!

neapel2.thumb.jpg.a03ed6119cfe9cf1ef3eeeaee36fd2ff.jpg

But the area is good for some great sight seeng via Capri and Ischia.

ischia.thumb.jpg.cfe511c29a9af226960c0a61e70fee2b.jpg

So much looking forward to A2A's Accusim Aerostar. That one will be great to go places with.

• Like 3

Just flown the Cessna 152 into Sedona with a 20 knot cross wind (landing challenge)... give it a go chaps!

42 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Just flown the Cessna 152 into Sedona with a 20 knot cross wind (landing challenge)... give it a go chaps!

Bulgaga in the caravan is a good one too.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Saba is fun, too.. only the airliners are always  blocking the runway..

Edited by Monostripezebra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monostripezebra said:

Saba is fun, too.. only the airliners are always  blocking the runway..

It's a wonder they make it past all the busses/forklifts/trucks adn hi-vis wanderers to be able to get to the runway

Posted (edited)

I flew one off the challanges. Landing in one of the Indonesian off grid strips. It said I came on sixth place in the world?  
Serious ? It was my first attempt

That rank list can’t be real

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Why not? Haven’t you noticed the standard of flying in most of the YouTube videos?😆  If you can reliably land a single seater in BoX or DCS then putting down one of the light planes in this sim isn’t too much trouble.

3 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I flew one off the challanges. Landing in one of the Indonesian off grid strips. It said I came on sixth place in the world?  

Just accept the fact that you are in the top 0.1% of best pilots in the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tycoon said:

Just accept the fact that you are in the top 0.1% of best pilots in the world.

Actually Some planes in GB and DCS require a lot more focus and attention than any I tried in 2020 during landing. 
I figure None of them tried the challenge. 
or the five in front of me. 
But I can hardly believe this to be true, I tried another one, in a french hillside and came fourth. 
I do not remember my nick there. My account name was chosen by that x box thing

7 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I do not like adding things to my software. 
I tend to f**k up big time. 
I would love to know from anyone , more the marrier if it is worth while

I think some people have been porting over planes from FSX. The F-18 is kinda low-res and the cockpit lacks a bunch of stuff.

Just now, CanadaOne said:

I think some people have been porting over planes from FSX. The F-18 is kinda low-res and the cockpit lacks a bunch of stuff.

I read this too had same problem.  
My problem in this sim is like in all others. 
I like slow flying busses. 
Taking on the Dahrer with a stick long enough for me to tolerate. 
Ok I like the Cessna, the old cub and the Icon. I guess the Caravan is ok but I liked the older caravan better in fsx. 

51 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I read this too had same problem.  
My problem in this sim is like in all others. 
I like slow flying busses. 
Taking on the Dahrer with a stick long enough for me to tolerate. 
Ok I like the Cessna, the old cub and the Icon. I guess the Caravan is ok but I liked the older caravan better in fsx. 

I'm doing treetop runs in the Dahrer until someone makes a good WWII plane.

Fun bobping around in the mountains in a slow mover seeing how many ridges and peaks you can juuuuuuust make it over.

Made it to Charlotte NC, the weather was closing in on me so I parked the 152 and rented a King Air in FSE. I'm pretty sure they forgot to model both engines because it seemed to be severely underpowered. Didn't want to start flying but when you got it flying it didn't want to stop. Couldn't get it to pick up an ILS approach so I cheated and turned off the weather.

Also, the Bonanza is missing 2 cylinders by default. There's a fix posted somewhere on reddit that addresses this as well as some drag issues.

Obvious eye-candy. 

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-08-31-22-09-18-8 

I've ridge-soared a glider in X_Plane along the ridge to the right. It was tempting to head out into the canyon itself, to see whether I could get lift of the rim. Even if I could, I'd probably have been stuck there though, with no way up and out, so I thought better of it. Much safer to bimble around in a light aircraft. Preferably one with a bit of grunt, like this one, if you are heading down into the depths of the canyon, though even then you have to be a bit careful not to take a wrong turn. Having the canyon floor coming up at you with no room to turn around is liable to have less than desirable consequences, as sadly more than a few real-life pilots have discovered.

The near-vertical walls of the canyon look a little odd close-up in MSFS, no doubt as a result of mapping 2-D satellite photography onto a steeply-inclined surface. I don't think there is much that can be done about this though, at least if you are modelling things on the scale that MSFS does.

Why do I have no clouds in this game? Live weather... nothing, preset weather...nothing. i see all these gorgeous screen shots and I get nothing. Im sad and a little miffed. Anybody else get zero clouds?

Portsmouth - one of the two highly detailed cities in the UK modelled by FS2020.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Anybody else get zero clouds?

Nope. Just flew a very short hop from Wasilla (PAWS) to Palmer (PAAQ) Alaska.

Before takeoff weather map using Radar option for lowest tilt. There is a rain shower due west of Palmer.

1903693630_PAWS01.thumb.jpg.7eb42f8949ab019bce7ccbde03a80c53.jpg

Line up and wait.

1358011103_PAWS04.thumb.jpg.5f0467a87a2c6343f66912de4c9850d9.jpg

Eastbound toward Palmer.

1841184885_PAWS06.thumb.jpg.bfad01bf92697c7d9d375ab9e5c60611.jpg

ForeFlight map just prior to arrival. Shower has moved/dissipated to the north.

339944548_PAWS09.thumb.jpg.74a81565acde873cf012d8f136e9949f.jpg

On final...

970428778_PAWS12.thumb.jpg.d716e53b5f9892ddb7547cc274d84bc4.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone else longing for some more cockpits without fancy displays? Give me some more steam guages. I like to practice navigation with my charts but having the GPS up takes away the chance of getting lost, they're difficult to effectively ignore too.

• Upvote 4

I don‘t like the glass cockpits at all. While they are desireable in the real aircraft, in the sim they are a pain to operate. They are clickspot hell.

Edited by ZachariasX
  • Upvote 2

Yes I really would like a faster plane with analog instruments. Like a DC 3 or Beaver or Norseman. And a Twin Otter 

A older jet like Starfighter or DC 9

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

I don‘t like the glass cockpits at all. While they are desireable in the real aircraft, in the sim they are a pain to operate. They are clickspot hell.

Definitely, When I fly I have GPS up because why wouldn't you. In a sim I like to practice old school, a) just in case the electrics go pop and b) it's fun. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZachariasX said:

While they are desirable in the real aircraft, in the sim they are a pain to operate. They are clickspot hell.

Particularly if you are using headtracking.  When flying IFR in the TBM 930, I have to turn off headtracking so that I can key in any altitude changes accurately otherwise the ATC starts complaining that I am not responding to instructions quickly enough. 

1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Yes I really would like a faster plane with analog instruments. Like a DC 3 or Beaver or Norseman. And a Twin Otter 

A older jet like Starfighter or DC 9

There's a DC-3 out.  Haven't tried it but I suspect it is a low res port from FSX.

I think I will wait until aircraft developed from the ground up in the FS 2020 engine come out before I go down that particular rabbit hole.

Edited by Yardstick

I'm waiting patiently for any WW2 warbird to be modeled properly (not a crappy port)

My hours in the game will significantly go up!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yardstick said:

I think I will wait until aircraft developed from the ground up in the FS 2020 engine come out before I go down that particular rabbit hole.

This is my choice too, I buy any payware of interest and some Norwegian terrain. All Special things we have here is left out. 

38 minutes ago, DD_fruitbat said:

My hours in the game will significantly go up!

I like the local flying, a 20 minutes flight of familiar sceenery , But doing so in a vintage plane will improve my motivation. 

I think it is only a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, Yardstick said:

Yes, me too!

I hate the glass cockpits... years ago all my flight training, flying and navigation was with normal instruments.