Nic727

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020

1 hour ago, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Thanks for posting, very good video.  However it sounds like a bunch of trash cans in the back fell over when the plane touched down at 8:49.  Does it really sound like that up on the flight deck?

Edited by Stoopy

1 hour ago, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Nice graphics, but the ECAM auto-page doesn't seem to work.

No cruise-page on approach and no wheel-page upon gear-extension.

One can't see whether the fuel-page is permanently activated, though.

Edited by Bremspropeller

VR support to coincide with HP reverb 2..count me in...I pre ordered that the other day prior to the price hike..ding dong

2 hours ago, Swing said:

The VL-3 is on my "need to fly" list for actual aircraft.

Nice video.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:40 PM, Stoopy said:

For a wife who seems interested in photography (nudge nudge, wink wink) it might even be feasible to get her interested in viewing those pictures (could be taken on holiday, could be) via some type of head set (he said knowingly) and voila, you can both engage in VR antics and activities (whhoooaaaa... right? Whhoooaaa!!!) in addition to handling those crosswinds!  

😁

Say no more squire ;)

Edited by DD_Crash
  • Haha 1

Of all the tons of videos coming out now, this one is fairly notable.   VR Users will definitely be interested in the discussion just after the 16:00 mark. 

• Upvote 2

Can none of these preview guys land their planes?:(

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

VR Users will definitely be interested in the discussion just after the 16:00 mark. 

Excellent!  Looks like I'll be able to use my Rift with OpenComposite:)

1 hour ago, fiddlinjim said:

Has anyone learned whether FS 2020 has any plans to offer a clickable cockpit for their planes?

Cockpits are already clickable, you can see it in many videos.

30 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Can none of these preview guys land their planes?:(

I know, right??! I think they could use some practice RTB'ing with a heavily damaged LaGG-3 or La5, setting it down gently without ending up doing a ground loop on the rollout...

Edited by Stoopy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Can none of these preview guys land their planes?

Looks like they've spent too much time beta-testing kamikaze airplanes.

• Haha 1

S! 

#1 on Steam sales. At least for a while..

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 8:55 PM, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Are some of those clouds painted flats rather than volumetric?

Edited by Feathered_IV

8 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Are some of those clouds painted flats rather volumetric?

Don't know, but the scenery is da bomb!

Two-weeks! :biggrin:

Well I finally got around to pre-ordering the double extra cheese with loaded fries version today on Steam.  Gonna be a long wait until the 18th!

Anyone up for some formation aerobatics in Multiplayer when this thing releases?

8 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Well I finally got around to pre-ordering the double extra cheese with loaded fries version today on Steam.  Gonna be a long wait until the 18th!

Anyone up for some formation aerobatics in Multiplayer when this thing releases?

I ordered the Steam veggie burger edition a week, but I'm thinking of getting a refund and going for what you got. Not sure. 

I did order a Thrustmaster T16000 stick though, should get it today.  My FFB2 has a semi-broken POV hat and an annoyingly large dead zone, and the buttons on the base are dying, and it's taking the fun out of things. I tried out my buddy's 160000 and it was pretty nice. Pondering a Chinese knock off TrackIR. FS2020 isn't out yet and it's eating up my paycheck.

I might take you up on the MP. But then I have to get headphones with a mic. :mellow:

:big_boss: "You want new toys, get yer azz to work, fella!"

• Upvote 1

Does the DelanClip work with the trackir camera?  I've got a trackclip pro, but the thing is flimsy and poorly made, plus the wires are an added source of annoyment.

3 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Does the DelanClip work with the trackir camera?  I've got a trackclip pro, but the thing is flimsy and poorly made, plus the wires are an added source of annoyment.

I made mine wireless, followed this guide:

https://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/blogs/entry/30-diy-wireless-trackclip-pro-mod-for-trackir/

Regards,

M

• Thanks 1

Fantastic, thanks!  I hadn't seen either of those options before.  Much appreciated.  :)

4 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I think you have to use the cam with opentrack/FreeTrack instead of trackIR software then. I've modded my standard delanclip into wireless with 4,8v 4*AAA RC akku. Not a beauty but works great. These cables are really annoying sometimes. As I don't play with audio headset most the time I had to create this piece of hitech.IMG_20200613_194100.thumb.jpg.fa9186de93123083636f0132602a3f4b.jpg

IMG_20200613_194134.jpg

4 hours ago, marcost said:

I made mine wireless, followed this guide:

https://veterans-gaming.com/index.php?/blogs/entry/30-diy-wireless-trackclip-pro-mod-for-trackir/

Regards,

M

Nice, a little more professional than my creation.

Edited by Indianer

47 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

@CanadaOne Take a look at DelanClip too. Using one with FreeTrack and works like a charm.

Have to order from England I think. Don't know what the duty and brokerage fees, not to mention delivery delay, might be.

The Chinese knock-off TrackIR is $180 and apparently works well. And I can have it in a day or two from Amazon, plus the guarantee.

15 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

The Chinese knock-off TrackIR is $180 and apparently works well. And I can have it in a day or two from Amazon, plus the guarantee.

Is that one also with a ps3 cam, like in delanclip-package or does it look like a TIR5 clone? On eBay there is a chinese clip with modded ps3 cam for 49€ incl. shipping.

is it better to buy it on Steam or on official site ?

On 8/3/2020 at 2:53 AM, Feathered_IV said:

Are some of those clouds painted flats rather volumetric?

I'm sure I saw one video that showed them as volumetric and also that they react to the atmosphere around them. Take that as "Bloke down the pub said" kind of proof though...

1 hour ago, Indianer said:

Is that one also with a ps3 cam, like in delanclip-package or does it look like a TIR5 clone? On eBay there is a chinese clip with modded ps3 cam for 49€ incl. shipping.

I think it's a pure knock off.

https://www.amazon.com/TrackIR-TrackNP-Tracking-Professional-Infrared/dp/B08574L6FM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=trackir&qid=1596545326&sr=8-3

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Delanclip works with TrackIR, specifically because the trackclip pro is so fragile. 

EDIT: Just went and double checked since I don't want to give wrong info, from Delanclips website on compatibility:

Compatibility

Our Head Tracking DelanClip is compatible with all available software on the market.. You can use one of the most popular such us:

Edited by RedKestrel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If my track clip pro goes west I know what to get as a replacement... good info on the Delanclip.

This is featured on CNNs website in the video section. I wonder just how popular this will be when it releases. Being dependent on MS servers lets hope they don't get swamped.

what is the benefit of buying it on Steam rather than the official website ?...Usually for good games, i prefer to give my money directly to the developers...

23 minutes ago, Swing said:

what is the benefit of buying it on Steam rather than the official website ?...Usually for good games, i prefer to give my money directly to the developers...

And while buying straight from the developers you are also free from Steam processes that’s eating CPU performance. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, i was also thinking about that Dutch2 ...:good:...I'll definitely buy it on the Site ;)

8 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yes

7 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Yes it is. I have TrackHat (based in UK) both in the Clip (wired) and Cap (wireless) version. The sets including the PS3 camera is 50 EUR (Clip) or 80 EUR (Cap). Works perfect with opentrack software.

Here: https://www.trackhat.org/ and shop here: https://www.trackhat.org/shop-cfk4

Edited by sevenless

4 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

And while buying straight from the developers you are also free from Steam processes that’s eating CPU performance. 

Is it really that big of a hit? I have no real preferences. I pre-ordered on Steam, but can cancel and order direct. From what I can tell Steam does use a little CPU and memory, but in the overall scheme of things is it going to make a difference?

I currently run a I6700K CPU, RTX2080, 32 gig of RAM and have a 300mps internet connection. I'm pricing out a new system with all the bells and whistles and its about $3700. I did see someone say to do nothing until FS2020 is released and then see. His argument was as follows:

FSX might have preferred the 9700k due to raw frequency etc. FS 2020 might well not.

Indeed, because a lot of the work is being done on MS's Azure servers, it could be that an R5 3600 or even R5 1600 is just as good as anything else.

So for now I'm going to just hold off on the new workstation.

10 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yes, this alternative HeadTrack follow NP clip standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IAYjiqsKI4

7 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Does Steam actually chew on your performance?

I tried to buy FS2020 on the MS site, but it refused my disposable credit card - I don't like using the real one on the web - and then it locked my account and wanted my phone number so as to text me a code to unlock my account. And that's before I even bought the game.

Oh yeah, I want to send Microsoft my phone number.... :rolleyes:

Screw Microsoft. Steam got my money.