Hello

Woke up this morning thinking whether Braille keyboards is the answer for replacing keyboards when in VR  ,has anyone had any experience or is using one and could you please comment  since i am seriously contemplating ordering one .

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNSuRzvNzLaxF-YfnLBgNk2Cg3oatQ:1569809908051&q=braille+keyboards&tbm=isch&source=univ&sxsrf=ACYBGNSuRzvNzLaxF-YfnLBgNk2Cg3oatQ:1569809908051&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFprzPvffkAhUIRo8KHUMnA4AQsAR6BAgEEAE&biw=1920&bih=937

Edited by dog1

Personally I just use the markers on the F/J keys as a reference, but then I can type without looking at keys anyway.

Other keys like CTRL/ALT/Space/Enter etc are simple enough to locate by touch.

Whether braille will work - well that probably depends on how much practice you place into learning braille.

My recommendation - Map as much as you can to a HOTAS setup, then stick to using voice communications with others online instead of typing.

TRIPWIRE

I have added the maximum i can to HOTAS and there is so much i could add off course . I believe BRAILLE is just touch so its just memorizing the feeling for say ABC which should come with time . I will explore this and report back if i feel its a plus .  

23 hours ago, dog1 said:

TRIPWIRE

I have added the maximum i can to HOTAS and there is so much i could add off course . I believe BRAILLE is just touch so its just memorizing the feeling for say ABC which should come with time . I will explore this and report back if i feel its a plus .  

Make use of 'shift' buttons on your HOTAS as well if you haven't. Doubles your available button qty.

The other stuff you leave off the HOTAS should not be required during busy combat and you have time and can feel for the keys.

Look for "Voice Attack" - i use it for wingman commands, also great immersion.

4 hours ago, ironk79 said:

Look for "Voice Attack" - i use it for wingman commands, also great immersion.

I second that, fantastic program.