Jade_Monkey

RED TIDE - SP scripted campaign [U2VS, Yak-7B, La-5FN2]

@Jade_Monkey

Please, can you post a idiot proof way to swap the plane(s)? Seems like my method is not really working. Game still asks me for the missing Po-2.

(and no thanks, I dont need a key for this single plane)

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Please, can you post a idiot proof way to swap the plane(s)? Seems like my method is not really working. Game still asks me for the missing Po-2.

Under the folder Campaigns/Red Tide, open the info.txt file in a text editor. 

After substituting another plane in the Mission Editor for the U2vs, change this line;

&planes=LuaScripts/WorldObjects/Planes/u2vs.txt, LuaScripts/WorldObjects/Planes/la5fns2.txt

to this;

&planes=LuaScripts/WorldObjects/Planes/la5fns2.txt

If you substituted the La5FN, delete the reference to that plane in the same file.

@Jade_Monkey check your PMs

• Thanks 2

Ahh,thanks. I missed this step. Will try it out ASAP.

Hi Jade,

thank you very much for great cmpaign. It is very immersive.

I have problem with mission 6. A-20s did not attack convoy. Instead of attacking they start circling aproximately 10 km east of convoy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Columbar said:

Hi Jade,

thank you very much for great cmpaign. It is very immersive.

I have problem with mission 6. A-20s did not attack convoy. Instead of attacking they start circling aproximately 10 km east of convoy.

I never encountered that in my testing but that mission gave me all sorts of trouble. Try taking off and landing to be able to skip the mission.

I'll look into it again.

• Like 1

Hi,
The first mission with Yak:
1. My first attempt I went after BF110's, they were just circling near a shore area, shot down some and mission was successful, but they managed to damage my engine and I crashed 50 meters from my home base killing myself -_-

2. On the second attempt BF110's never arrived (I did notice some enemy planes on the map near my home base) but instead there were some BF109's that I shot some and nothing happened afterwards, all the Soviet planes started to circling the area, I have switched to x8 time increase and stayed there for 5 (real) minutes, nothing happened and decided to return to base. Mission was successful on landing.

Second mission with Yak was very fun :)

Just some feedback that I wanted to share.

Cannot wait for the mission "New Toys" 😄 (My favorite plane)

BTW I just love the Yak skin, and it says "For Jora" xD (Some sort of Russian nickname)

Edited by Zeev

I'm glad to see a new mission pack for the Soviet planes.  Thanks for putting this together.   I love the atmosphere of taking off as a group and heading out on patrol.  Too bad for me my little laptop struggles with so many planes and gunners in the air on the second mission.  Time for an upgrade in the new year maybe...

Is it reasonable to expect perfectly smooth performance with this many planes given the right cpu? 

2 hours ago, Sparky_IBEW_353 said:

Is it reasonable to expect perfectly smooth performance with this many planes given the right cpu? 

I have a 7700k and I have good performance.

VR is a whole different story, but using the monitor you should be able to get 120 fps on an average scenario and down to 70 in a big furball.

I never had any performance issues running it on my mid range system with VR and a 4gb video card up until the last mission. (I think that’s which one it was) That slowed down my system to a single digit slide show. For me, lots of tracers in the air is what does it, so attacking airbases can be a problem.

Incredible !
Can hardly believe it !
Downloaded your excellent free campaign AND got a collector plane. :dance:

Many many thanks not only for the gift but also for the fun with your campaigns !

p.s.  sorry for the late reply, couldn´t go online last week,  and just tested the gift,  works like a charm !

I´m going to have lots of fun with it !

THANKS !

• Upvote 1

Hi every body. I tried twice the first mission with U-2 and got twice engine Failure at 2/3 of the mission. Maybe my first mission was to high in rpm (100) but the second one i set rpm 80% and got an engine Failure anyway. I guess I missed Something with that nice old plane...any help? thanks

39 minutes ago, Azdack said:

Hi every body. I tried twice the first mission with U-2 and got twice engine Failure at 2/3 of the mission. Maybe my first mission was to high in rpm (100) but the second one i set rpm 80% and got an engine Failure anyway. I guess I missed Something with that nice old plane...any help? thanks

I think it might have something to do with mixture. 

I'm away for a couple of weeks, maybe soemone else can chime in.

Just a small feedback.

The third mission where you are moving to another airfield as two teams and you are randomaly ambushed by either FW190 or BF109, the 109 is too much for such early mission in my opinion.

With a FW190 squad I had no problem, but the BF109 just kills me under few minutes.

Hope there are no more "mission from hell" like this one in the rest of the campaign ;)

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Another feedback on the next mission - "Taking back the black sea".

This one did not spawn any enemies at all, resulting in a total mess with the friendly AI logic.
We have met the A20 bombers at Waypoint 2, then proceeded towards Waypoint 3.
When arriving near Waypoint 4, before entering the blue circle the A20 bombers started to circling endlessly (while(true) loop)

I have recorded this if you want I can provide a recording, then I had to stop the recording because I wanted to speed up to see what happens.
Nothing happened for 5-10 minutes at 8x game speed.
Then I have entered the blue circle and only then the A20 bombers started to return towards Waypoint 4.
When passing Waypoint 3 (not near) a label appeared saying that we are returning to base.

The mission was resaved for the previous patch at 16/12/2019 if that helps.

Mission debriefing flight path:

1520526558_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_12.30-22_31_32_67.thumb.png.7d600b3eac687b0e794a0829384f2e40.png

Edited by Zeev

I experienced the same as the above in the Taking Back the Black Sea mission.

Other than that, this campaign has been really great so far (about 2/3 through). Great variety and action. Thanks so much for putting this together.

• Thanks 1

same problem here on the "taking back the black sea" mission...

Great campaign, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

I think I just finished the 5th mission. I had to be the wingman to a major someone, on a patrol. The weather was amazing, I stuck to his wing through beautiful cloud formations with the help of the modding community. On the way to the 5th nav point, the major suddenly decided to cut the throttle drop the flaps and slowly descend from 2000m into the ground.,Weird AI behavior or was this simulation of a heart attack?

Anyway the missions have been amazing, my favorite scripted campaign so far. Thank you so much for the hard work. Really appreciated.  

Edited by JohnHolmes

32 minutes ago, JohnHolmes said:

I think I just finished the 5th mission. I had to be the wingman to a major someone, on a patrol. The weather was amazing, I stuck to his wing through beautiful cloud formations with the help of the modding community. On the way to the 5th nav point, the major suddenly decided to cut the throttle drop the flaps and slowly descend from 2000m into the ground.,Weird AI behavior or was this simulation of a heart attack?

Anyway the missions have been amazing, my favorite scripted campaign so far. Thank you so much for the hard work. Really appreciated.  

If you are playing with HUD off, then you probably missed the text.

The flight lead's engine seizes and dies on him. He asks you to return to base and provide location for the rescue party. When you return to base there is a little surprise.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

hahahahaha thanks JM. Totally makes sense, I play with HUD off so need to learn Russian fast

Hi All

Here I present, this great campaign completed.

I can only say that for me, it is an excellent Campaign.

I've completed all 17 missions, and it's really great! I will not reveal anything, I just leave here the link in case some curious wants to know a little more about the campaign.

Sorry for my bad speak english. i am no remember the words in the just moment. enter in spiral to stuttering. hahahaha 

PS: Remember that if you are subscribed to my channel, every 500 subscribers, I do a raffle of products from the store, for IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles. from airplanes, to expansions. I will advance this draw to the 850 Subscribers and will raffle 3 products. Two planes. an FW190 D9 and an Hs129 and an IL-2 Battle of Kuban standard edition.

I do not seek fame. I am doing this, because I know that many people still cannot pay or would like to have, or know someone who needs it and cannot. I only put the requirement to be subscribed to the channel. Subscribe it's Free. Salute and go to the Raffle 👁️ 

Edited by III/JG52_Lothar29
  • Upvote 1

Still same problem in mission 6 Jade...:(...The A20s make circles and don't attack ships....:mda:

Edited by Swing
  • Like 1