Jade_Monkey

RED TIDE - SP scripted campaign [U2VS, Yak-7B, La-5FN2]

Campaign.png.08e9fe20bb22969c85126e96b83cdd03.png

Announcing the release on my next campaign: Red Tide

This is a non-historical campaign that takes you through the short advertures of a soviet pilot in the Kuban region during the summer of 1943. Join the 6 Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment to drive out German forces to the Crimean peninsula and fly a variety of planes such as the U2-VS, Yak-7B, and  La-5 FN2

Installation: Paste the unzipped folder into the \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Campaigns\  directory.

Tested version: 4.004

Languages: ENG, RUS (by =IRSS=CV72)

Download links:

Edited by Jade_Monkey
Updated for 4.004 and fixed mission 6
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 11

Any chance of a version without the U2VS? Maybe use the I-16 as a substitute? Compared to the other collector fighter planes the U2 has no use in the current game du to the lack of a propper game mechanics. (like observation, artillery strikes etc.) So I and mybe others as well don´t want to throw my money out of the window for a usless extra plane.

Cheers.

Edited by Semor76

In a custom campaign, you can easily replace any aircraft with any one yourself. But, of course, to test the logic of the mission again will have to do it yourself. 😁

Today is the last day of good discounts on U-2. ;)

12 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I will be giving away a key for the U2VS and the La-5FN2 once the campaign has been released.

Wait a second!.. You'll buy me an La5FN if I downloaded your free campaign?  ))

• Haha 1

Like FoxbatRU said, this is a free and open campaign. You can edit and change whatever you want. I just can't make a version for each person's taste.

You should be able to swap the plane without much difficulty.

7 minutes ago, samson said:

Wait a second!.. You'll buy me an La5FN if I downloaded your free campaign?  ))

I only have one key for each plane, so MAYBE you'll win it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

If i remember right ,Jade has made some nice recon missions (P40?) It was fun fly trying to find those targets! U2 is right plane for that kind of missions. 

Edited by Hartigan

Nice to see this being offered up. Thanks for all your hard work. I’m certain it will be a fun campaign and thanks to another forum member’s generosity, I already have both of those collector aircraft!

hope to see it released soon. 👍

On 9/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, Semor76 said:

So I and mybe others as well don´t want to throw my money out of the window for a usless extra plane.

Well I wouldn't be that sure - you'll never know what Marshal Mode will bring to us:

- Imagine recce tasks requested by Marshal Mode?

- Imagine liaison tasks required for the Marshal for further tasks/actions?

- Imagine ground target spotting with instant reporting (like bird dog)?

There are plenty of scenarios where this wonderful plane might be useful. Besides of this, it's absolutely

great to fly this plane. Period.

It's a good thing to have some campaign missions to U2VS. Although I don't own it (maybe I get lucky?), I love these early planes, kind of a "bridge" between FC and BoX era. Performance wise, they remind me the old and slow planes on which I took my first flying lessons. 

To set expectations, there is only a single mission with the Po2 and it's a courier mission in which you have to land in an improvised field. The campaign does not revolve around this plane.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

To set expectations, there is only a single mission with the Po2 and it's a courier mission in which you have to land in an improvised field. The campaign does not revolve around this plane.

Make sure it is raining, then. ;)

Sorry, I've been so busy with other things that I have not been able to do a final pass.

I was considering releasing the campaign without the final check but it doesn't sound like a good idea.

40 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Sorry, I've been so busy with other things that I have not been able to do a final pass.

I was considering releasing the campaign without the final check but it doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'd recommend you to wait BoBP release and recheck all again, there will be a lot of changes in the AI and another things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

I'd recommend you to wait BoBP release and recheck all again, there will be a lot of changes in the AI and another things. 

AHA! There is something you know - something we are eager to know too... :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Officially released campaign, go to first post for download link.

I've done as much testing as possible, unfortunately I've been very busy and time is only going to be more scarce with the holidays coming up.

Since there are two collector planes required for it (U2VS and La-5FN2), I will be gifting a key for each one of them. Just post in the thread if you are interested in any and I will pick at random next weekend if there are multiple requests.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Hi Jade,

I've been looking forward to this campaign! Great work! 

Please sign me in for the U2VS key.

Thanks.

Saluté.

May I ask on how many missions do you put the player into the Po-2?  I´ve changed the player´s plane in the first mission (Courier express) to an I-16 but the game still ask´s me for purchasing the Po-2.

Hi JM,

Thank you for all your hard work creating this campaign.  I don't currently have the 2 collector planes so tried deleting the campaign files to allow me to play missions 2 - 8 with the Yak 7 - but the campaign is still locked with a big padlock on the Campaign icon! 

As a complete novice on the ME how do I go about either introducing alternative planes for missions 1 and 8 - 16, or alternatively, simply amending the campaign to include only those missions for the Yak?

Mike

Good news :) Going to test it today.
I liked your missions pack a lot and I am sure that I will enjoy your new campaign. Thanks a lot for the hard work.
(I have all the collector planes, no need for keys, thanks).

Edited by Zeev

Hi Jade! Thank you very much for this campaign! I love your single player missions very much and therefor I am looking forward playing this campaign. 

Thanks for the campaign JM..... in the read me you mentioned skins, do you know where I can download them, the only thing in my download was the campaign.

Cheers

Hoss

Fantastic !
Just downloaded the campaign and completed the first mission (and translated it into German.)
Can`t  hardly wait to complete the next missions !

Many thanks for your hard work !

Since I already own the U2-VS I would apply for the La-5FN2.

As i also own only one of the collector planes, i had to delete the missing plane in the file  "info.txt"  to see the campaign in the library.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic. Already downloaded and waiting to get home to fly.  Thank you for this.
I'm also in for a key of U2VS or La-5FN2. 🛩️

I have La-5FN and U-2, but I only see a description of the 3rd mission. And it also seems to me that only she has a translation into Russian.

1 hour ago, FoxbatRU said:

I have La-5FN and U-2, but I only see a description of the 3rd mission. And it also seems to me that only she has a translation into Russian.

Yes I see it in the files. They must have been wiped out with the 4.001 update. Let me see if I can find the transalted files from @=IRSS=CV72

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

Thanks for the campaign JM..... in the read me you mentioned skins, do you know where I can download them, the only thing in my download was the campaign.

Cheers

Hoss

Sorry, that part was a leftover from the Butcher campaign readme.

However, there are la-5FN sking by @FoxbatRU in this link. They are integrated to the LA-5 FN missions already if you install the skins.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Jade_Monkey,

I have not the U2 :) So, I 'd like to play your campaign. But maybe it is possible to play this one only with the L5Fn ?

If not, I hpe I will win the Key for the U2 :)

Thank you again.

It looks like I've missed this one, so have now downloaded and looking forward to playing it. Thanks for including the U-2VS, it's a great little plane.

:salute:

Really nice...but without the U-2, no chance to give it a try.

Hi,

I have added the campaign to the Content Downloader (you can find it in the third-party forum).