Sign in to follow this  
RealDarko

Snail slow download??

I'm trying to download the game but even with a fast connection with optical fiber I got stopped downloads or when download it goes no faster than 330kb/s Any idea?

• Like 1

I am using also fiber connection, downloading games within 10 minutes (60 GB Borderlands 3 from Epic Store within 7 min), but only from IL2 game launcher I get ridiculous download speeds of 300-600 KB/s.

Edited by Zeev

Download speeds from Il2 store are notoriously slow, but should at least measure in megabytes rather than kb.

In the past, I've managed to increase the speed just by restarting the download. Sometimes takes 2 or 3 restarts before it wakes up.

I've also seen a recommendation from a member to go to Settings and check 'Prefer web distribution', though I've never tried that.

It's well worth persevering! Good luck.

9 hours ago, RealDarko said:

when download it goes no faster than 330kb/s Any idea?

I was actually surprised yesterday, I had to do a reinstall, deleting everything and redownloading... so I set it, rate was 60mb/s...came back in 20 min and it was done..

was like waaaaaaahhhhhh????

5 hours ago, spartan85 said:

rate was 60mb/s

Amazing!

I'm hoping that's a sign that things have finally changed, and not just an anomaly.

No things have not changed. Our system tries to meter out all the downloads at a fairly fast clip that is reliable. I've never been totally happy with our speeds, but I don't have anyone to change our system at the moment. Even though it can be slow at times, it usually gets done in a reasonable amount of time. We service thousands and thousands of downloads a month.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Luckily it's not like the old days or we'd all be waiting for the update disks to arrive in the mail.

BTW my dl speed for updates isn't bad and I no longer have the fastest bandwidth.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

No things have not changed. Our system tries to meter out all the downloads at a fairly fast clip that is reliable. I've never been totally happy with our speeds, but I don't have anyone to change our system at the moment. Even though it can be slow at times, it usually gets done in a reasonable amount of time. We service thousands and thousands of downloads a month.

Jason

With all due respect to your game I had these download speeds for months.
Here is the comparison from now (Uplay VS IL2 downloader):

CompareDownloadSpeed.PNG

Yeah, I have the same. Drops to 20 kB/s, stays mostly around 200 - 300 kB/s instead of 1300 kB/s. It's just unable to fully saturate bandwidth and keep download speeds constant, instead constant drops prolong the process. Wish I could switch to steam. In the past updater was an advantage, now its just a ball and chain.

Edited by =362nd_FS=Hiromachi

I was initially getting 65-68kbs download speed.  😕

I unplugged my router.... waited a few seconds.... plugged it back in. 2-4 Mbs download afterwards. :yahoo:

Edited by Thad

Yea, life sucks and then you die online.  :(

East Coast U.S. here, got all the download and installed in less than 20 minutes.  Seemed fast enough to me.  

This is on cable network.  

Yes, its quite surprising. I have abysmally slow download in Poland, far below the up limit of the bandwidth while all my buddies in US had no issues with it. I wonder how servers and routing is being handled. 

I'm trying to down load flying circus and getting 30 to 120kb mostly 70kb  and I have fiber optic with 100meg down load.

I have tried off and on. restarting computer, cant find anything in settings on great battles. anyone got any ideas. It will take a week at this pace.

Calling the download speed slow is a classical understatement. Some poor engineer seems to send the bytes via the keyboard one by one. 

I try to upgrade the game for the last 35 hours. When averaging the download speed it is below 1MB/HOUR. In this time I have:

• Restarted the download multiple times by rebooting the PC.
  • Reported download rate was in the range of ~1-20kB/s. But this number seems to be completely bogus as no data was downloaded for a long time even if i.e. 20kB/s was shown. 
  • Rebooted the router just to be sure
  • Run net-tests multiple times to make sure the connection as such is fine
  • After 12 frustrating hours I started DCS. Not having played this game for some time an expected upgrade was performed first, amounting to a whopping 12GB. It was downloaded in less than 80mins, the rate constantly being in the 2.5-3MB/s range...... 

With every upgrade it is - excuse the harsh words, but I am now really pissed - the same shit. When an upgrade starts I will not be able to play for some hours. Yes, sometimes the rate unexpectedly jumps up to 2MB/s and higher, just to go back to some kB again shortly later.

If 1C cannot solve this monumental problem they might ask the Russian colleagues working on DCS.........