FlyingNutcase

Guess the Gigabytes Competition: How Big will the 3.201 update be? [Collector Plane Prize c/- ICDP!]

1 hour ago, ICDP said:

You should limit this to non developers and non testers for obvious reasons.

Quite right but too late:(

15 hours ago, OrLoK said:

2foot 6inches.

See?  Orloks in the beta team and he's given the game away already:biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

When you get the final results, I would bet real $$$ it will be very close to the mean average of all the guesses. Whatever that is...

I would bet closer to the "happier" average...

;)

6.9 GB !

Yes, I am so immature I only wanted to snag that number while it was available.... 😂

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

14.1gb

I see from your edit that you read the rules. 👍 Entry updated.

5 hours ago, ICDP said:

You should limit this to non developers and non testers for obvious reasons.

Added to the rules, thanks. 👍

A tester isn't going to get the final download to test, and even the devs wont know what size it is until its ready to compress and upload

Far too much for the servers to cope with all at once.:drinks:

We will give it a go anyway.;)

Bring it on.:lol:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

don't forget, we testers have signed NDAs so couldn't say even if we knew!

which we don't...or do we...

I'll not risk Jason visiting me in the small hours, joystick in hand to wreak revenge...

Ok let us see. If you take into account the size of the last 100 up dates and the number of line items in each up date. Then we can come up with an average of download size to line item. Then we have to mod (flight sim word) this number by the amount of hype in the forum, witch (night witch, if u can find one) is a good indication of content of the update. Now we have a good place to start. You then have to get rid of the outliers (get rid of influence of forum trolls) X the awesomeness (anytime you have P-38 and P51 together you must use this word)of the update. This gives us a factor to apply to our prime number that we the divide by the number of updates this month will result in the size of the update.

Now you may ask how I know this and what kind of experience do I have in the field of sats , well I was a stats guy in the military (CAMS for you USAF Aircraft guys) for the B-2 Bombers.

Factor comes out to 1(because this is the #1 update) X Prime number of 14.356GB (just a guess) divided by 1(number of updates) = 14.4 rounded up😏

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

don't forget, we testers have signed NDAs so couldn't say even if we knew!

which we don't...or do we...

I'll not risk Jason visiting me in the small hours, joystick in hand to wreak revenge...

Wait, what a tester showed up:o:.  Back to work we need the 3.201 yesterday, according to some.  My guess 6.235.  Oh wait if testers are posting then that means?, soon very soon if 48 hrs plus is soon enough:lol:.

• Like 1

So, adding up all of the various guesses contained within this thread, and averaging it out, gives an update size of 6.73Gb - this is it...for sure...

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:03 AM, Jaegermeister said:

A tester isn't going to get the final download to test, and even the devs wont know what size it is until its ready to compress and upload

Likely I guess but it seems that testers being under a strict NDA don't want to go into grey waters by taking part here anyway, so it ends up as a non-issue. Hooray!

13 hours ago, INVADER_WARHAWK said:

3.14 gb

We've already got that figure. We're going to six decimal places if Pi is your number - 3.141593?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lythronax said:

6.9 lmao gottem

I'm afraid that position has been taken by the intrepid Stoopy.

Please check the sheet; we need a unique number.