FlyingNutcase

Guess the Gigabytes Competition: How Big will the 3.201 update be? [Collector Plane Prize c/- ICDP!]

Now we have a pretty good idea of what will be in 3.201 (i.e. Arras map too), what's your best guess for the total download size for the update?

Rules:

1. A single GB (gigabyte) number per person; no second chances; no ranges; feet and timeframes do not compute!
  2. No testers, no devs, chivalry please (don't ask your tester friend or dev). 
  3. Your guess needs to be unique, so check the online spreadsheet below.
  4. Based on the non-Steam download size.
  5. The winner will be the one who's closest.
  6. Your prize: Being a recognized smarty-pants. 😄
  7. Update: We now have a real prize of a (current) Collector plane thanks to competition sponsor & Tester ICDP! See below for how this will be executed.

Collector Plane Prize - Execution

1. Winner gets a (current) Collector plane of their choice.
  2. If this person already has all the BoX Collector planes, the next closest person gets the prize (and so on until we get to someone who doesn't already have a full hangar).
  3. This is a bonus extra to the competition so you'll need to take it on the chin if you're a 'well hangared' member (:huh:). You'll still be the recognised smarty pants, with all due fame & glory. :dance:

Track the results here, ranked highest to lowest, updated periodically:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/193ST2tE_zme_bqxFu8f1r2Ppt58E8Wf6ud9oqpScQF8/edit?usp=sharing

Be in to win!

Edited by FlyingNutcase
Added link to Google Sheet; Improved the title; added prize info
  • Upvote 4

3 fully modeled planes, the BoBP map and ground assets, the visual effects form the new black/red out as well as the code backing it up, new sound engine stuff, 1 exterior modeled plane, the tank stuff, the flying circus map and ground assets, 2 4k skins for BOS planes, the code changes for the view distances being extended... Supposing all that is in I'm thinking 7 or 8 gigs. The two maps alone might be a hefty file drop.

1 hour ago, /SF/Disarray said:

3 fully modeled planes, the BoBP map and ground assets, the visual effects form the new black/red out as well as the code backing it up, new sound engine stuff, 1 exterior modeled plane, the tank stuff, the flying circus map and ground assets, 2 4k skins for BOS planes, the code changes for the view distances being extended... Supposing all that is in I'm thinking 7 or 8 gigs. The two maps alone might be a hefty file drop.

Officially recorded as 7.5GB unless you wish to specify a specific number. No shotgun approaches here I'm afraid. :hunter:

Maps are as low as 150mb to as high as ~600. Single seaters are around 70-80mb. Not that any of this matters as the game is mostly made up of large archives, and oftentimes these archives are updated even when just a small number of files has been changed.

• Upvote 1

10.1gb

i think it will be pretty heavy with the view distance, planes, skins, maps, ground assets, and the sound fix.  

I cant wait to try everything.

Edited by Hajo_Garlic

Is this like Price is Right? You know, if you go over in your bid you lose? If so, I'll say 1kb.

4 hours ago, Rjel said:

Is this like Price is Right? You know, if you go over in your bid you lose? If so, I'll say 1kb.

Maybe we could do that for the release version. Your guess has been recorded as 0.000001 GB. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Less than 5

"Less than 5" :scare:

Recorded as 4.999999 GB.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Willy__ said:

2 weeks

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

It will be huuuuge...

;)

2 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Whole game would not fit into 44GB partition.

You gotta be in to win fellas. The results to far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/193ST2tE_zme_bqxFu8f1r2Ppt58E8Wf6ud9oqpScQF8/edit?usp=sharing

Based on the theory that the average of a group of people making random guesses is usually quite accurate, I’m gonna go with 6.2 gb 

30 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

Based on the theory that the average of a group of people making random guesses is usually quite accurate, I’m gonna go with 6.2 gb 

Indeed that will be an interesting result to check.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

14gb

Oh, this brings up an issue of there needing to be only one winner. We already have a guess of 14GB. Would you like to adjust by a bit? One KB either way will be enough, i.e. 14.000001 or 13.999999 or anything else that's not already on the sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/193ST2tE_zme_bqxFu8f1r2Ppt58E8Wf6ud9oqpScQF8/edit#gid=0

Adjustment to rules made!

13 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I don't give a hoot...

This one does, hooting the hurray when she comes, and big is better?

hoot owl.jpg

Edited by jollyjack

24 minutes ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Indeed that will be an interesting result to check.

When you get the final results, I would bet real $$$ it will be very close to the mean average of all the guesses. Whatever that is...

You should limit this to non developers and non testers for obvious reasons.