Jump to content

Developer Diary 232 - Discussion


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

 

Yes. Blitzkrieg 1940 and battles from June 1944.

 

Well, not unless you avoid the no-man's land area. That's a very, very obvious feature that is completely a-historical for WW2. It's also the most visually stunning feature, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

 

I've re-read it and yes that does seem the intention.

 

I bet they've had to whip the Beta testers!😎

 

Thanks!

 

That's gonna be a big update indeed.

 

Much flying will follow. Might have to get a good bottle to take along, could be a long flight.  :fly:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Outstanding update!

Can't wait for the release.

 

Question, would the Arras map cover any WW2 action areas?

 

I think you'll have great difficulty flying WW2 aircraft out of WW1-size airfields.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the team is going to hit a Grand Slam on this one. Nice work Gents.:clapping:

2 Questions?

1. Is ' the new physiology model' still in the works? Will it be in this update?

2. Not heard anything about the 'AI' rework going on for us SPs? Any progress in this area?

 

S!Blade<><

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

It looks like the team is going to hit a Grand Slam on this one. Nice work Gents.:clapping:

2 Questions?

1. Is ' the new physiology model' still in the works? Will it be in this update?

2. Not heard anything about the 'AI' rework going on for us SPs? Any progress in this area?

 

S!Blade<><

 

Yes the pilot physiology is ready from what the devs have told us. Its clearly visible on the Arras and 'pilot physiology' video. 

 

Not sure about AI, but Im sure they will have some changes with this update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I've been looking forward to seeing how noman's land looked prior to purchasing FC.  Is this final or still work in progress?

 

Nature_2.jpg

 

To be honest.... I'm slightly underwhelmed by the look of the no mans land. Looks like Rise of Flight. And even back then I strongly disliked, how the frontline was displayed, compared to Wings over Flanders Fields. Sorry to mention another sim here. I had high hopes, regarding the no mans land. I just hope, that this single Screenshot don't do the final product any justice. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Winglesschip209 said:

since the beginning ive been waiting to fly my P-51 but now im not so sure i think the P-38 is going to be the first one im going to fly well i cant wait i was hopping today was the day but o well ill be busy this weekend to be doing IL-2 and DCS flying 

There has never been the slightest chance the update would hit the shelves on a Friday. Even less, while a sale is going on. Best guess is next Tuesday. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

I was only expecting the last few airplanes with this. Not the Bodenplatte map. Well, that's terrific, really. So Bodenplatte is a wrap after this update? 

No there's still the career mode and other niggling things to release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome DD guys!!! Great news, I’m so glad to hear everything is going well and we will have some new material very soon. I’m really looking forward to the P-38 but my anticipation for the Europe map and the Arras map is certainly going to divide my attention for a while..

 

20 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

I was only expecting the last few airplanes with this. Not the Bodenplatte map. Well, that's terrific, really. So Bodenplatte is a wrap after this update? 

 

There’s still the offline campaign system, hopefully some static objects we haven’t seen, pay to play campaigns and who knows what else before final release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey... don't get me wrong. I'm totally jazzed about this release... but what is that noise when the Camel starts pulling Gs? Is it supposed to be the pilot doing an anti-G "Hick" breathing maneuver? If so, were they even aware of it back then? Kinda sounds like an old manual typewriter slamming the carriage back and forth. Guess I'll have to wait to check it out, but if it's like it is in the video I hope we can disable it.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Arras map looks amazing. Can't wait!

 

47 minutes ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Hey... don't get me wrong. I'm totally jazzed about this release... but what is that noise when the Camel starts pulling Gs? Is it supposed to be the pilot doing an anti-G "Hick" breathing maneuver? If so, were they even aware of it back then? Kinda sounds like an old manual typewriter slamming the carriage back and forth. Guess I'll have to wait to check it out, but if it's like it is in the video I hope we can disable it.

 

Wondered what that was too. At first i thought flying wire stress.

Sounds could still be placeholders i guess but what did they actually denote?  

 

 

Edited by US103_Baer
Link to post
Share on other sites

And now you hear the Orgial Sound´s from a DB605. "Start the Engine".

It´s from the Messerschitt Stiftung, ME 109, "FM-BB"

 

109 sound 1.zip

 

 

One track more, "Roll Home", at Manching, Germany:

 

109 sound 7.zip

 

And now, at last a fly by.

 

109 sound 4.zip

 

Sorry but I think, the Developer had never heard a DB 605 Orginal.

 

 

Edited by J./ZG15_Siggie
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Han unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...