216th_Nocke

The Weekly Coconut

Gents I cant tell you how much I miss Coconut's!  And I also miss flying with a lot of pilots I don't see anymore because they haven't found a new home to fly at.  I truly hope you can make it work! Thank You so very much!  Good luck with getting it up and running again!

I am afraid I have to disappoint you - but I do not plan to get a 24/7 server up - see beginning of thread.

This is a slow motion campaign, just 1 or 2 missions a week.

Next Friday will be mission no. 5.

You can have a look at the campaign logs channel of the discord server ( invitation somewhere above) to see how things are evolving so far.

Hope to see you nevertheless.

We need more axis pilots, b.t.w.!

Sorry guys ... I forgot about the change from summer time ... will start at 20:00 UTC, I.e. I 40 minutes from now.

Thx to those who participated  yesterday,  was good fun!

I'll run this from now every friday 21:00 CET, which currently  seems to correspond  to 20:00 UTC.

Unless, of course,  the miracle  of a FNBF should present itself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The update has come ... I guess everyone, including  myself,  will be busy exploring  the new toys, and I will also have to check if everything  is still working.  Therefore: Next mission November 15, 21 CET. See you!

• Sad 1

This is looking interesting and nice one Nocke for bringing Coconut's hard work back to life.

It's going to seem weird flying on a Saturday morning again but I'll aim to be there this week, Sat 9am here, assuming there's space for another. :salute:

Guess this thread is as good as any to maybe give this some airtime for those not on the discord 😁

Unbenandddnt.PNG.a3455e01031f7acc1143a567e72e3927.PNG

He also said that it's going to take time, so keep that in mind. But for that we have dear Nocke and his valiant effort here, eh?

3 hours ago, No.322_Nocke said:

FlyingNutcase, there is is plenty of free slots usually! Welcome!

Cool. What's will the theatre be, or more specifically is the Pe-2 an option? Or the A-20?

Moscow, August 1941. Pe2 is an option. But don't go alone, I ramped the AI patrols up a little.

41 minutes ago, No.322_Nocke said:

Moscow, August 1941. Pe2 is an option. But don't go alone, I ramped the AI patrols up a little.

Thanks. And no, no plan to go it alone. I'm hoping for a co-op level of cooperation, via voice comms. 🙂

It was good flying with you guys last week - Nocke, Biggles, Retnek, Cathoair and Bojack_Horsefly (eeck, I think I've missed someone). That was the closest to a "coop" style session that i've had for a looong time.

Coconut's really created an amazing system.

@No.322_Nocke Is The Weekly Coconut back up this week?

Unfortunately it seems  I messed up my stuff.

Was working on the code and apparently due to mindless clicking around went into the installation I use for running this instead of into the working  copy.

Now nothing works ....

I hope to be back in a week, and hopefully with a new feature, I think I am close!

• Thanks 1

No.322 and Java squadrons are going to run a Coop generated by Syn_Vanders Easy Mission generator as a replacement, scenario is Flying Circus. There will be 16 slots in total, in the unlikely case that too many shoudl show up 322nd and Java will get in first. 21 CET, see ya!

Burnout ...

Currently I don't find the time and energy to finish the work on an extremely cool new feature for the campaign.

Suspended therefore until further notice, but please stay tuned!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, No.322_Nocke said:

Burnout ...

Currently I don't find the time and energy to finish the work on an extremely cool new feature for the campaign.

Suspended therefore until further notice, but please stay tuned!

Thanks for the update - doesn't a week just zip by. Really looking forward to the next Weekly Coconut + "cool new feature". 🙂 

Edited by FlyingNutcase

Im currently running Coconut's campaign on an Il2 server from this friday 7:30pm(just passed) to sunday 6:00pm with the dynamic campaign running round the clock. Im looking at testing this out with up to 16 players. Interested in squads too for a possible meetup. Though its anytime in that time slot. I'm thinking for a committed time allocation fri and sat nights (6:30pm onwards till late! has been expressed so far) would be a goer for maximum participation. If you are interested please accept an invite to 40 Mike Mike Clowns discord server. This is Brisbane Australia UTC +10 time. Please check the #il2-dynamic-campaign channel for info on server details. The plan is to possibly open this up to a more semi public participation. But see how this goes first.... The intent is to try and promote more IL2 community gaming involvement down under in the Australasia region. Though if out of that way you are of course welcome!

https://discord.gg/SxCReN