Sign in to follow this  
Sublime

I woke up today..

And really.. No REALLY wanted a F4U.  Even better if it was the C (?) With the 4 20mms.

Oh man. :(

Hmph.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

And really.. No REALLY wanted a F4U.  Even better if it was the C (?) With the 4 20mms.

Oh man. :(

Hmph.

I mentioned that I wanted one and was accused of personally being an existential threat to flightsims, mankind, and the universe as a whole.

Apparently wanting a plane that does not exactly fit with the existing scenarios makes you worse than Satan and all his monstrous minions combined.

Never speak of this again! :angry:

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

Maybe get into 1/32 and buy one in plastic? Might help still that hunger for a bit, and that would definitely help the universe as a whole.

• Haha 1

This is scandalous! Scandalous I say! :banned:

What's next? Cream in tea? Sex on Tuesdays? Dogs lying with cats?

Stop this immediately!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

REALLY wanted a F4U

DCS maybe? There (someday) you can get a F4U, don't fit in the available scenery/"planeset" is a norm.

17 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

DCS maybe? There (someday) you can get a F4U, don't fit in the available scenery/"planeset" is a norm.

DCS?!?

Planes without theaters?

A King without a sword!

A land without a King!

92121883-stock-vector-frightened-man-two

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JtD said:

Maybe get into 1/32 and buy one in plastic? Might help still that hunger for a bit, and that would definitely help the universe as a whole.

Or ask the Disney DVD 'Planes' for your birthday.

And watch it over and over again until the F4U sees daylight some day...

Lmao

No.

Dcs... Is a possibility. I mean the ww2 is looking better nowadays. I have the p51 which is fun to.fly but feels like youre flying in 2019 in a p51.  However that was before ww2 assets normandy map and the spit i16 fw a8. They dont have a corsair though Id prolly cave and get it

As you say Id largely be stuck just putting around in it like.my.p51 or f86. It doesnt "feel" like youre flying the plane back in the day.  Maybe some online joy.

Im came *really* close to spending the hr or 2 of installing 1946 just to play around with corsairs

I woke up this morning,

Dying for an F4U..

Woke up this morning,

Vought I need an F4U..

I rolled over on my GF,

U said "No Chance, no can do".

The Corsair Blues.

Edited by unreasonable
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

This dude is talking about a damned do 17 and I get accussed of heresy. Smh

Awesome.poem.dude

I asked 1c

They said f u 

And your f4u

I posted on the boards

Heresy they cried

F u

And your f4u

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Wait what the heck,

If your want to fly F4U's , go over SAS get up to speed on the latest BAT installtion, 3.7.2.  Then d/l SAS~vampire-pilot USMC career and you will then be able to fly the F4U's inluding the C.

The career for WW11 is 72 missions long which does include some carrier ops, you will need learn how to take off from a carrier.  There is also other campaigns Korea War Tours, Taiwan Strait Incident and the The Vietnam War Tours.

Of course your "fix" would be late WW11 Pacific or early Korea.

Lmao

Im came *really* close to spending the hr or 2 of installing 1946 just to play around with corsairs

Yea it does take a few hours to install.  But might worth it.  Right now I am into mission 56 and I'm getting my Pacific War fix:good:.

3 hours ago, Sublime said:

Wait.. Wait.. Wtf is SAS?

Ops, sorry I thought you knew.  SAS1946.com,  there you will find all the information you need.  I also attached a zip file that should give you a link.   

Special Aircraft Service - Index (1).zip

Just checked the zip file will get you there, and you might want to register on the SAS site as well.

14 hours ago, Sublime said:

Wait.. Wait.. Wtf is SAS?

SAS-BAT for Il2-46 is The Grand ******* Enchilada with extra cheese and hot sauce of flightsim mods. :drink2:

I think my final IL2-46 BAT install was over 80GB. If anyone wants a flightsim with 200 planes, 200 maps, and 5000 objects in the FMB, along with the best Quick Mission Builder evah!, all free, that goes with a flightsim you can buy for $10, this is it.

Im somewhat interested..  I cringe to go back to the old Il2 though. The corsair urge is strong though.

Definitely stronger urge othan anything Dornier made.. 🙄

Gentlemen..

On further thought I think we can skip these 800 mb mods or whatever.  All we need to do is alter the F4u wiki and say they were *all over* the Eastern Front.  Maybe make a dummy website or 2 of VVS Corsair Vet organizations and voila Ill br spendinh 15 for my collectors corsair 😄

• Upvote 1

if you can pretend youre a fighter piltot you can pretend youre flying a f4 instead of a 109, use your imagination

2 minutes ago, raaaid said:

if you can pretend youre a fighter piltot you can pretend youre flying a f4 instead of a 109, use your imagination

Excellent post! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

What,

I thought it was Scandanavian Airlines System?!

00000ecb_medium.jpeg

I cannot quite believe what I am seeing there...

What, a dorsal fin extending over half the fuselage? Totally sprung my eye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, raaaid said:

Well shit in that case we can all sit in silence by ourselves in bare rooms and pretend we.re discussing il2 online. Just be careful of imagination arms races; sex lives have been lost.

Edited by Sublime
  • Upvote 1

I do love the look of the corsair, but I gotta say, them US Navy ww2 fighters, they weren't awfully concerned with being able to see behind them were they? Even the Tigercat. Bearcat, yes, but that's too late to be an actual ww2 bird... 

4 hours ago, unreasonable said:

Father, will we fly camel toe airlines again this year?

Why of course my boy!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Well shit in that case we can all sit in silence by ourselves in bare rooms and pretend we.re discussing il2 online

i used to do that and its fun but i end up putting all my imaginary friends on my ignore list, still love myself whatever freud may say

Hmm. I should have done the ignore list.  I killed my imaginary friends with my flying doghouse one day. This is why I want a corsair.

Nope nope nevermind that was a peanuts cartoon

Edit: the flying doghouse was.

And id be disgusted if we goto Korea. Boo on Korea I say. Boo!!

Only real air combat is f86 vs migs. All the other planes are a2g window dressing. And really we got attack trucks, attack troops, bomb bridges etc.

No my F4U belongs in its proper habitat over the PTO against the Japanese.

No my F4U belongs in its proper habitat over the PTO against the Japanese.

As Canada One and I have pointed out then SAS Il-2 1946 is the way to go.  FYI:  There is also a New Member Safety Area with many old timers there to help a newbe.  Oh BTW you can also get F86's vs Migs  in the Jet Age era.  

Ok I'm now going back to 1945 near the China Sea to see if the flying doghouse is around or the Red Baron.  However I think I might be busy with Zero's, Nates, etc. trying to take out the fleet.

18 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

What,

I thought it was Scandanavian Airlines System?!

00000ecb_medium.jpeg

I normally prefer a window seat, but...

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Seems you can still move the curtains in that seat. :cool:

15 hours ago, Sublime said:

Well shit in that case we can all sit in silence by ourselves in bare rooms and pretend we.re discussing il2 online. Just be careful of imagination arms races; sex lives have been lost.

That is very profound - especially for a man who cannot afford a shirt. ;) 

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

You need to travel in business class, so that your seat can recline right back...

On 9/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, unreasonable said:

A (classic) VW Beetle front hood? 😀

• Haha 1