Sign in to follow this  
Jodet

Replacement/Upgrade for CH Pro full HOTAS setup?

I have the Pro pedals, the pro throttle and Combatstick setup from CH.    Love the feel/responsiveness of it.   Hate the programming software.... hate it. 

My gear is getting pretty old and I'm having occasional problems.    

What's a good pedal/throttle/setup these days?  I'm looking for something very high quality, don't want a $69 joystick.   Back in the day it was all CH and Thrustmaster.   Never carred for Thrustmaster stuff, didn't like the feel of it.  

So, any recommendations?    I'm really out of touch with what's available these days.  

1 hour ago, Jodet said:

I have the Pro pedals, the pro throttle and Combatstick setup from CH.    Love the feel/responsiveness of it.   Hate the programming software.... hate it. 

My gear is getting pretty old and I'm having occasional problems.    

What's a good pedal/throttle/setup these days?  I'm looking for something very high quality, don't want a $69 joystick.   Back in the day it was all CH and Thrustmaster.   Never carred for Thrustmaster stuff, didn't like the feel of it.  

So, any recommendations?    I'm really out of touch with what's available these days.  

I think it depends on how high you want to go. I have a full CH setup with a logitech throttle quadrant, and never bothered using the super clunky CH software. They haven't really updated it in a decade or more so its not surprising. But I've been happy with the controllers for the most part. Only problem is with the CH rudder pedals, where I find it is too difficult to get fine control near the centre because of the hard detente there. 

I've been looking at upgrading to the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, but price is pretty steep where I am at about $380 CDN. If money was no object I would get those, they look extremely well built and I've heard great reviews. They can also be customized quite a bit.

Virpil has well-recommended sticks. I can't remember if they have a throttle available or not.

8 hours ago, Jodet said:

My gear is getting pretty old and I'm having occasional problems.   ...  Combatstick...

Can consider in address this problems? 

The more common in CH's i potentiometer worm out and generate noise in axis response, replacement are available in Digikey ~$5 and are "pnp" for replace.

I'm looking for something very high quality, don't want a $69 joystick.   Back in the day it was all CH and Thrustmaster. 

Today the "kings" are VPC (Virpil) and VKB, due their high quality all metal gimbal with bearings, CAM system, with different profiles, different springs and spring tension adjust in VPC and "dry clutch" adjust in VKB. But they are costly - prices start above $250.

VPC/VKB grips are more optimized the games needs than "F-16'ish" layout of CH Fighterstick or Warthog, including having analog brake lever.

The  $89/99 VKB Gladiator is better than $94 CH Combatstick* (I have both), but somewhat limited due their KG-12A (Bf 109) grip, although overall have more buttons.

* BTW - The only difference of CH's that you bough in 2019 from one of 2000 is that actually their Manager software is not more officially compatible with latest Windows 10 updates - may work with some workaround, and seems that will be no made compatible because the programmer author of software retire.

Edited by Sokol1

If you want to keep the ergonomics of the CH Fighterstick, I believe you can get the Thrust master Warthog grip separately and pair it up with a Virpril base either as a desktop or floor length config. Stick extenders are a real game changer for flight sims.