Han

Developer Diary 231 - Discussion

Looking good, just hope I can get it up and running when I get back home after updating to Windows 10. 

1 hour ago, Talon_ said:

You can play on any of the maps in multiplayer, so set up your WW1 scenarios there if you want to buzz over 1944/45 Europe.

Thanks for the info, I am aware that that the FC planes can be used over any map as I have taken my camel over the hills of Kuban (that somehow sounds like a euphemism looking for meaning?) but when I do fly I only fly offline which would mean purchasing a WWII plane-set I don't want to get access to a map that whilst idly curious about I'd have no need off...

Still looks good though.

2 hours ago, sevenless said:

Nope. Jagdpanzer IV. Looks like the Ausf. IV / 48 (Sd. Kfz. 162) and not the Ausf. IV / 70 (Sd. Kfz. 162/1).

Actually the perspective is tricking you. If you zoom in you'll realize it is indeed the /70 version built by Vomag. The /L48 always had either a muzzle break or (if lost) you'd see the screw thread. Here none of that exists ... and in fact the second Jagdpanzer hidden behind the first makes the /L70 more noticable.

Thanks for DD WOW :clapping:.  What else can be said now that we have more details.  

I think the "elephant" in the room is how massive this update will be and how long to D/L? I would hope that for those with slower internet connections that it would be broken down into several d/l's if that would be possible, I hope that we will receive more information on the d/l prior to release.

Wow, the new map looks stunning. I can see myself spending hours just doing an aerial tour of the whole thing. Also that Flakvierling is going to give me nightmares.

8 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Thanks for DD WOW :clapping:.  What else can be said now that we have more details.  

I think the "elephant" in the room is how massive this update will be...

Agreed.

No negative intentions here but the upcoming massive update will very, very likely come with a LOT of bugs that will need to be corrected. We should not be surprised about this. :salute:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, csThor said:

Actually the perspective is tricking you. If you zoom in you'll realize it is indeed the /70 version built by Vomag. The /L48 always had either a muzzle break or (if lost) you'd see the screw thread. Here none of that exists ... and in fact the second Jagdpanzer hidden behind the first makes the /L70 more noticable.

Hmm, hard to tell, really because usually the units in the field used L/48s without Muendungsbremse as you can see here from Ardennes and Normandy. Anyways we will learn soon enough and either version is appreciated by me:

Jagdpanzer-IV-1945JagdpanzerIV70tankdest

JagdPanzer-IV-L48-AndySx.jpg

Jagdpanzer_IV_313_france_1944.jpg

I'm liking the pictures in cockpit of all these wholesome, monochrome Gels from the nineteen forties but we will be able to put colour pictures of bikini-clad slappers in too won't we?:) 

• Haha 1

YES!!! update next week/ couple of days? also, will the map also come in all the other mentioned seasons or just summer for now? SO HYPED FOR THIS!! IL-2 BEST SIM!!!

Amazing update. Would it be possible to park a few planes around the airfield? 

4 hours ago, namhee2 said:

Sturmgeschütz andJagdpanzer IV

Sturmgeschutz_iv_Muzeum_Broni_Pancernej_CSWL_2.jpg

9263913710_da0f4779c3_b.jpg

Sturmgeschütz andJagdpanzer IV

Glad you boys came along. On a quick flip through the DEV images I thought it was just a lowly Hetzer :)

This new map sounds stunning together with the newly developed tech to support it👍

Will there be pre-done destruction across any areas of the map?

Glad to see the ground units are getting some love, nice selection there! Will there be British ground units too?

Any chance to see horses or infantry to fire at some day?

Some flak Panzers would be formidable foes for ground attack planes :)

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Looks amazing.........That P38 looks like something from the future!!!!

Unfortunately,  it appears to be the JadgPanzer IV,   which has the wimpier gun  75  L/48 ,     Wish it was theJagdPanzer IV/70  with the 75 L/70 gun,    which by the way was the more produced of the 2.   I'm still  hopefull that the Ferdinand will become available  soon, part of the original  set

The pic is  confusing though.   It appears to be the shorter barrel 75,  looking at it relative to the vehicle,   but the L48  had the muzzle brake on it, the L70  did not have the muzzle brake.   SO which is it ?

Edited by WaNTRD
add info

42 minutes ago, WaNTRD said:

The pic is  confusing though.   It appears to be the shorter barrel 75,  looking at it relative to the vehicle,   but the L48  had the muzzle brake on it, the L70  did not have the muzzle brake.   SO which is it ?

It's probably the WIP model.

48 minutes ago, WaNTRD said:

Units which were equipped with the L/48 didn´t use the muzzle break either because it produced lots of dust clouds and gave away position and made target observation very difficult, so they removed it in the field. We need a proper side view to know for sure if it will be L/48 or L/70 in the game.

Devs, you just made this mud-mover’s day 👍

Edited by Manstein16

6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Nice map!  Party like its 1939.

".........The sky was all purple, 109's dropping everywhere. Try'n to run from my destruction, you I didn't even care. They say one, nine, three, nine, party over -oops outta time!"

It is L70. You seem to be so interested about it like a new player controllable plane)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, danielprates said:

This is probably the best looking map ever made for any game. Ever.

Looks better then expected, Kuban map raised the bar prety high already (just map is worth buying BoK) it will be close call betwen thouse two, it dosent look like bobp map will be just flat from pictures shown

10 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

It is L70. You seem to be so interested about it like a new player controllable plane)

Thanks. We are interested in everything you guys create 🙂 Keep up the excellent work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Massive indeed. And you've tripled the building rendering distance? Bravo!

Ouch, the Quad Flak 38 could be a problem. :hunter:

If it's as ridiculously over effective as the rest of the flak we'll stand sod all chance of getting anywhere near a target!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Talon_ said:

Looking great! Though hopefully the RAF Tempest & Mustang skins are not final yet as they are not accurate. Can't wait for the update!

What's wrong with the Mustang skin?

4 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

What's wrong with the Mustang skin?

Both are missing the sky coloured tail band required with B type wing roundels. The tail band was deleted in January 1945, but the upper wing roundels changed to C1 or C type. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I'm liking the pictures in cockpit of all these wholesome, monochrome Gels from the nineteen forties but we will be able to put colour pictures of bikini-clad slappers in too won't we?:) 

I want to see how long it takes for people to guess who the lady is in the American cockpit photo. 😃

Again, as I've said before....you guys are a riot. They show you an incredible new update with the coming map, and absolutely beautiful looking new aircraft models. And guys are going on about the muzzle break on a tank destroyer, and another is complaining about the color of a roundal. Jason has to be shaking his head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

Again, as I've said before....you guys are a riot. They show you an incredible new update with the coming map, and absolutely beautiful looking new aircraft models. And guys are going on about the muzzle break on a tank destroyer, and another is complaining about the color of a roundal. Jason has to be shaking his head.

The entire team shakes their heads sometimes, not just me. Regular day.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Upvote 4

This is why Jason keeps his hair short, otherwise he’d have pulled it all out a long time ago. ;)

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

See it from the positive side; as long as people discuss the details  it means they do like the upcoming map and its planes. :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Uufflakke said:

See it from the positive side; as long as people discuss the details  it means they do like the upcoming map and its planes. :)

You hit the nail on the head. You only discuss something you like and are passionate about. If you don´t like it you ignore it. So yes, discussing game details is a compliment for the devs. They need to start worrying once nobody cares anymore.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

The entire team shakes their heads sometimes, not just me. Regular day.

Jason

The whole the whole team is knocking it out the park Jason amazing work as per.

53 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

I want to see how long it takes for people to guess who the lady is in the American cockpit photo. 😃

Will that picture be in the P-38 cockpit by default? I tried to zoom in on the picture but it got too grainy to see the face clearly.

Sweet update BTW.

Edited by Rjel