Han

Developer Diary 231 - Discussion

Is the Rheinland map another map? Because the Battle of Bodenplatte is about the Low Countries and Rheinland isn't a part of that.

The map represents a huge challenge: a mountaineous Ardennes region, huge cities, diverse airfields and Ruhr industry, all part of an age-old European cultural landscape on one single map. Looking forward to seeing how you pull that off!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, hsthhsth said:

Is the Rheinland map another map? Because the Battle of Bodenplatte is about the Low Countries and Rheinland isn't a part of that.

The map extends eastward enough to take in the Rheinland area, or at least a part of it.

Btw, I'm guessing this isn't yet official release (moving out of preorder/early access), but do you guys have that scheduled already?

Mostly in the interest of when the preorder discount ends.

6 minutes ago, hsthhsth said:

It is not another map; northern part of Rheinland is on the Bodenplatte map.

Perhaps Han is a bit confused. ;)

Gott im Himmel!

This update sounds amazing! Besides we get to fly over what looks to be the most beautiful map ever created in gaming history, I am absolutely delighted to read the news about increase in visibility for ground targets!:yahoo:

• Upvote 3

New map and planes already at the end of this month is awesome news. But we heard nothing about fixes and new features like better spotting at distance....

38 minutes ago, Melonfish said:

This is going to Melt my CPU...

Guess i'm going to need a new pc then 😄

I have needed a new build for years and 2020 may have to be the year. I don't look forward to Windows 10 though.

Great job Devs! This is looking spectacular. No mention of the AI work? May we assume that the new coder is still involved in the long slow process of attempting to upgrade the AI?

Can't wait!

S!Blade<><

38 minutes ago, namhee2 said:

No look same a JagdpanzerIV

Sturmgeschutz?

2 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

New map and planes already at the end of this month is awesome news. But we heard nothing about fixes and new features like better spotting at distance....

I think they already said in a previous DD that new spotting is coming at the next update, seeing as how they showed screenshots of it in-game. I believe the FMOD update is supposed to come too if it is ready, hopefully fixing some sound issues some people are having.

2 minutes ago, Jabo_68* said:

Sturmgeschutz?

Gesundheit.

4 minutes ago, Jabo_68* said:

Sturmgeschutz?

Sturmgeschütz andJagdpanzer IV

Sturmgeschutz_iv_Muzeum_Broni_Pancernej_CSWL_2.jpg

9263913710_da0f4779c3_b.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jabo_68* said:

Sturmgeschutz?

Sturmgeschütz andJagdpanzer IV

Really going to enjoy the increase in building view distance which will make lining up on a target much less of a head ache at high altitude.  Going to have trouble deciding which of the new planes I'm going to fly first.  Keep up the great work:good:

36 minutes ago, Jabo_68* said:

Sturmgeschutz?

Nope. Jagdpanzer IV. Looks like the Ausf. IV / 48 (Sd. Kfz. 162) and not the Ausf. IV / 70 (Sd. Kfz. 162/1).

1920px-Panzermuseum_Munster_2010_0449.JP

Image441.jpg

All the planes and new shiny stuff is of course welcome, just keeping thumbs up that mission editor has also gotten some love and attention 😉

Sorry for being stupid but what's left after this patch;  if the new planes, objects, visibility increase and physics mode + the map itself come now, what else was there with the final product? Single player campaigns and air marshal-feature? And no, I'm not complaining but confused with all we are given.

Just now, LeLv30_Redwing said:

, what else was there with the final product? Single player campaigns and air marshal-feature? And no, I'm not complaining but confused with all we are given.

4-seasons on the map, career mode and lots of refinements. Still much work to do. I guess we see final release maybe end of November before x-mas. Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

I don't look forward to Windows 10 though.

You've got to be kidding, Blade. It's the best Windows, yet, for gaming, I think. Most trouble free version I have yet to use. 

But, back to the subject matter...I also didn't realize that we were getting the whole enchilada in the next update. Waiting anxiously!

Wasn't the original release planned for Q1 2020? I am wondering if they are going to finish ahead of schedule.

Thanks for the hard work of the development team,

Some news about the clouds?

The terrain is ok,  The Clouds have the rendering problem.

The only way to have clouds without render problems is to set the game in ultra  quality and the clouds to the maximum.

Sorry but I have to say. :(

The terrain  is ok , please fix clouds.

I play in ultra now without any problem, But I had to buy a new video card the last month simply and ONLY because of the cloud render problem.

From my youngest years, I built models of the p38, I think it's the plane I've been waiting and looks beautiful , GRAEAT WORK !

Fork-Tailed Devil 🦄🏄‍♂️🐜🥐🧛‍♂️

Spoiler

Edited by [LAS]URU-Panzer
  • Upvote 1

Oh crap, Flakvierling! As an (mostly) Il-2 pilot I'm really not impressed. 😨

Jokes aside - thanks, I can hardly wait. 😊

New building draw distance looks incredible. New PC for me next year!

Edited by [_FLAPS_]Diggun

Wunderbar!

I would like to see a short video showing the process of making a map. That is fabulous.

22 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Wasn't the original release planned for Q1 2020? I am wondering if they are going to finish ahead of schedule.

IIRC they never published a firm release date. All we had was speculation from the community.

Thanks for this update.  It's looking very polished and the news about increased rendering is definitely something to get excited about.  I wouldn't be surprised it this feature alone propels the series forward.  So much to see and experience in this patch.  Thank you.

11 minutes ago, sevenless said:

IIRC they never published a firm release date. All we had was speculation from the community.

I think the closest thing to official dates is in @ShamrockOneFive's Product Roadmap. Gleaned from various announcements, interviews, and DDs.

https://stormbirds.blog/product-roadmaps/il-2-battle-of-bodenplatte-product-roadmap/

I wouldn't be surprised to see final release in November of 2019.

So we are getting all that plus pilot fatigue and plane visibility next week? That must be the biggest update so far. Outstanding. 🛩️

• Upvote 3

Well I've no particular interest in WWII and would probably never fly any of the aircraft, but the Bodenplatte project seems to be coming together nicely and the map sure looks tempting... if only to use for composing screenshots.

I just have to keep telling myself I don't need it... just be patient and the WWI Arras map will come along soon enough and it should be far more suitable for screenshots of WWI aircraft.

Others have asked before and it will probably never happen but  if the devs ever decided to sell the maps without the aircraft myself and possibly many others would surely part with cash, though I suppose when all and said and done the price is not extortionate such that it wouldn't be unreasonable to see the full cost as simply paying for the map with the unwanted aircraft as a free bonus.

2 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

Others have asked before and it will probably never happen but  if the devs ever decided to sell the maps without the aircraft myself and possibly many others would surely part with cash, though I suppose when all and said and done the price is not extortionate such that it wouldn't be unreasonable to see the full cost as simply paying for the map with the unwanted aircraft as a free bonus.

You can play on any of the maps in multiplayer, so set up your WW1 scenarios there if you want to buzz over 1944/45 Europe.

33 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

HappyHaddock, you will be able to use the Rhineland Map with FC1 Planes, as you can already use the Moscow map with FC1 planes and we will also be able to use the FC1 map with all planes. That is one of the great things with this sim. Everything is compatible with each other.

Edited by sevenless

Great update!

This:

"Rendering at such distances because of the enormous amount of buildings visible at the same time required heavy use of multi-threaded tech to prepare the data. We have made this feature optional for simmers that have a weaker PC. "

Is really great news!!! Also it is convenient having the option to toggle off the complex scenery for lower spec machines.

HI all, just to say great work ,ive been playing in vr off lately, and I take it all back what ive said ,the game is totally fab it only till you play in vr that this game come in to it own, really, looking forward to the new update , still would like to add more planes in single mission hopefully will come at a later date, was good to see the team out and relaxing and having a beer they have in deed earned it, again thank for your great work.  just keep on keeping on... salute.

I'm finally going to break down and buy a multi-engine controller AND a flying yoke; these new aircraft have pushed me past the point of "making-do" with my old flight controller setup.

Which Allied AI tanks will come with BoBP and will we also get British ground units?