BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 60

Got the "invalid checksum" message again.  Now its downloading another 78 mbs, lol. :wacko:

Edited by arthursmedley
  • Upvote 1

Does this mean i should delete everything in the updates folder?

Don't know what <parent folder of the game>\updates means.

Got the "invalid checksum" message again.  Now its downloading another 78 mbs, lol. :wacko:

Same here, was able to connect once though...

ATTENTION!

Just now, we have allready completed our necessary tests in Multiplayer with your help, now please exit your game and run UPDATE (this is 3rd update for today). After that you may enter game server again - now we will try to maintain 100 players in one game session but with turned off detached plane parts fly away (64 players were ok in 1st test).

Followed Han's instructions (emptying update folder) :salute: :

01: Started launcher
02: Update downloaded
03: Update download completed
04: Update Installation started & completed
05: "Play" option appeared
06: Clicked "Play"
07: Filled in user name & password gubbins
08: 10006 invalid check sum :o:

WHOOPS! :huh:

09: Shut down launcher
10: Re-open launcher
11: Downloading game client (79.98 MB), 0.58 kB/s :angry:
12: Go and cook evening meal 
13: Select a decent wine to complement the meal
14: Watch a couple of good movies with sufficient beer to do the job.
15: Have a nice single malt as a nightcap :biggrin:
16: Come back in morning nursing slight hangover to see if download has finished yet. :unsure:

Edited by Rivet
  • Upvote 1

:lol:  good :lol:

Gruß

Wow!

So early and already so much incredible features and detail!

You are doing a wonderful work guys!

Simply BRAVO!!

I am so amazed by the passion and dedication you put into this sim, 

Simers really need a dev team like you to make the simulation going forward!

I wish you all the best from France!

Please continue!

Just watched the stream and wanted to mention that I have also started having problems with TrackIR in BOS the last couple of patches. There is also a thread about this in bug reports.

parent folder means where you have IL2 installed,and there you have updates folder.

like X:\IL2BOS\updates

and just wipe out what is inside updates folder.

easy peasy lemon squeezy :salute:

Thanks for taking the time to finally adjust Anti-Aircraft...it was a game braker before.

Hope to stay in the sky a little more now  :)

Thanks for taking the time to finally adjust Anti-Aircraft...it was a game braker before.

Hope to stay in the sky a little more now  :)

Yes, and it certainly sounds like part of the reason for doing so was listening to the feedback of the community here - a very good thing!

Very nice to see that.

The game uploaded finally.

Now, I'm getting a message that my email or password is not correct.

Game will not start.

I have taken all the steps to change password.

Same message. Game will not stat.

Ideas?

Since I'm 75 (76 next month) I tend to get tired flying for long distances. It will be great now that I can climb on board a plane and sleep in one of the turrets.

• Upvote 6

Well after a good dozen or so attempts at installing this update as per Han's instructions, I'm going to have to try the complete game install from scratch method yet again as this launcher/update business needs some serious fixing.

As soon as it gets to the "downloading game client" stage the whole thing just freezes. When that happens (like every time) the only way to shut down the launcher is by task manager and ending the process there.

I'll try the full game install from scratch method tomorrow as that at least should have a decent chance of working. I simply can't be arsed tonight.

With DL freeze rebooting seems to fix it for me , but it has asked/tried to update when already up to date twice this evening and then this freeze comes....

• Upvote 1

Since today, I suddenly have an erratic server list!

When I click on Multiplayer the server list opens, but it is incomplete. Sometimes only two, three or four servers are in the list. Shortly thereafter servers start to disappear and others suddenly pop up again in the list at random.

I reinstalled from scratch, but I still have the same problem! I don't know what's going on! My internet connection is working normally and prior today's update there was no such problem.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any other reports like this, so I fear I'm the only one with that issue!

same here -  but human gunners work great !

Edited by Quax
  • Upvote 1

Since today, I suddenly have an erratic server list!

When I click on Multiplayer the server list opens, but it is incomplete. Sometimes only two, three or four servers are in the list. Shortly thereafter servers start to disappear and others suddenly pop up again in the list at random.

I reinstalled from scratch, but I still have the same problem! I don't know what's going on! My internet connection is working normally and prior today's update there was no such problem.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any other reports like this, so I fear I'm the only one with that issue!

Happening to me too.  Listed servers flick on and off in a random manner.

• Upvote 1

Han isn't giving you much info, but what he means is we have been running some tests on different optimization ideas to see if we can isolate the areas that need improvement so we can have stable servers with a many players as possible without degrading the experience. This is why the server list has been changing etc.

Jason

• Upvote 2

On this 3rd update, do we need to delete the stuff inside the Update folder again before doing that update?  I ask because my update seems to just be sitting at "Downloading game client (78.89 MB), 198.57 kB/s" and I normally get very good download times with the updates.

• Upvote 1

Mine sat there looking like it wasn't downloading for quite some time so I closed the taskbar icon. When I restarted the game, it started normally so I guess it was downloading without it showing. Strange behavior.

Edited by Rjel

Mine sat there looking like it wasn't downloading for quite some time so I closed the taskbar icon. When I restarted the game, it started normally so I guess it was downloading without it showing. Strange behavior.

Thanks for that.  I closed it like you suggested (actually, had to kill Launcher in the Task Manager), then restarted the launcher.  It did a quick check then displayed "Play".  I was able to click that and get into the game, although I had to reenter my credentials, something I haven't needed to do with recent updates.  

Will check things to ensure my control settings weren't some lost, but looks like that did the trick.  

Worked fine here after following file delete instructions..  Just an FYI, the majority of the DL was at about ~700 kB/s.  By the end it was at 2.51 MB/s.

As im away from my pc this week. Im really interested in someone putting up a 100 player youtube vid.

Thanks to who ever does it first!

Edited by SYN_Hooves

Ran into my first little foul-mouth nazi fanboi today. Rather less inclined to be bothered with MP now.

• Upvote 1

Ran into my first little foul-mouth nazi fanboi today. Rather less inclined to be bothered with MP now.

I would not let that get you down, such things sadly happen in any public server situation, perhaps that is why I am waiting until I can host my own servers for my friends.

So when is the new section of the alpha test?

I haven't been here for a long while due to university studies. But it seems I can never download new patches no more.

I hope I didn't miss anything important.

After reading some of those comments before, it seems that I have to delete some of my file before I can update.

Can any one help me please? I haven't been here for a long while.

Can any one help me please? I haven't been here for a long while.

Please, uninstall your game completely, then download it again from your profile page and instal with the actual launcher.

Just curious, but since this update my launcher refuses to properly shut down after I leave the game. The little X-Button (that used to and ought to shut down the program) does nothing and I have to force the process launcher.exe to be ended via Task Manager. Anyone else?

Edited by csThor

Just curious, but since this update my launcher refuses to properly shut down after I leave the game. The little X-Button (that used to and ought to shut down the program) does nothing and I have to force the process launcher.exe to be ended via Task Manager. Anyone else?

Yes, this happend sometimes to me too. 

Here's what has worked for me:

1. Delete the update folder, like Han said
  2. Download the new installer from the web site
  3. Run the new installer; once it's finished it will run the updater automatically.

Note that I didn't uninstall the whole game, just the update folder. I've been doing steps 2 and 3 every Friday for 3 or 4 weeks now, and it has worked well every time so far.