Sign in to follow this  
ilmavoimat

Ju52 co-pilot.

Is it just me or has the Ju52 co-pilot turned into a dummy. He no longer moves with control inputs, spotted  it today on WoL.

It's the flight engineer and yes, it's a known issue. 

• Like 1

if you speed it up to x8 speed and watch him, it looks as if he has earbuds in and grooving to some music!

You might tell him to stop rocking out and start watching for Ivan!

;)

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

In fact, he should not have his hands at the yoke and feet at the pedals, anyway. When the pilot flies the plane, the copilot does other things.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:40 AM, LukeFF said:

It's the flight engineer and yes, it's a known issue. 

Thanks for that.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, jimg123 said:

if you speed it up to x8 speed and watch him, it looks as if he has earbuds in and grooving to some music!

Whatever you do, for god's sake DON'T do this with the rear gunner in the FC Halberstadt CL.II.  At least not with wimmen and children around. 

It's... unwholesome...

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, ilmavoimat said:

Is it just me or has the Ju52 co-pilot turned into a dummy. He no longer moves with control inputs, spotted  it today on WoL.

I actually I thought it was always this way, until I saw a youtube video where the co-pilot was moving his hands and arms to keep holding onto the yoke.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, Yogiflight said:

In fact, he should not have his hands at the yoke and feet at the pedals, anyway. When the pilot flies the plane, the copilot does other things.

That seems more plausible, I don't see why he would have to handle the stick while the pilot does his job.

To make the co-pilot not just sit around, as if he was a passenger, the devs could give him a map in his hands and let him look at the map and out of the window, because in the air, navigation was surely his main task. And when the player starts the autopilot, the old animation with hands and feet at yoke and rudder pedals, moving with them, would absolutely make sense, as it would simulate, the co-pilot taking control of the plane.

• Upvote 1

atleast now if he doesen't give me enough emotional support i can ram the yoke trough his hand. Altho he doesen't even Flinch. Very German that boy.

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2019 at 10:40 PM, LukeFF said:

It's the flight engineer

Everyday I learn something more on this forum. 

He did have a set of controls there on the right. Was the engineer trained minimally to fly the plane, say, in case an emergency? Or perhaps there would be flights where a proper copilot was required, like a long flight or something? 

Edited by danielprates

On 9/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, LukeFF said:

It's the flight engineer

But in the manual he is, in section II/02 about the parachutes, also mentioned as co-pilot (flight engineer), so I guess he was a pilot, too

BTW, it is not really a flight engineer. The german expression is 'Bordwart', which is more an aircraft- or flight-mechanic. So something like a flying-house  janitor/caretaker.

8 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

BTW, it is not really a flight engineer. The german expression is 'Bordwart', which is more an aircraft- or flight-mechanic. So something like a flying-house  janitor/caretaker.

"Flight Engineer" is the closest term in English you're going to find. But yes, otherwise you are right. :) 

• Upvote 1