Sign in to follow this  
Pre

Visual Acuity impacts of monitors vs VR for gaming

Visual acuity impact: monitors vs VR for gaming   

15 members have voted

1. 1. How has your visual acuity changed over time while using monitors or VR for gaming?

• I use a monitor and have noticed no change in my visual acuity
    • I use a monitor and have developed a refractive error (negative diopters) over time
    • I use VR and have noticed no change in my visual acuity
    • I use VR and have developed a refractive error (negative diopters) over time
    • I use VR and wear glasses, but have noticed an improvement in my uncorrected vision over time

I am not an eye doctor. This is not a scientific poll. I am interested in the impact VR is having (if any) on eyesight. I run the VR program in my USAF squadron (real world), which is part of my motivation for asking this. 

Although VR screens are quite close to your face, the lenses allow your eyes to “relax” like they do when viewing objects in the distance. Some people have anecdotally reported improved eyesight when using VR for extended periods of time. 

Please respond with any experience you’d had with VR when it comes to your vision — whether it’s just something you’ve noticed or it’s been actually measured by an optometrist.