Sign in to follow this  
=VARP=Thor_

Detailed maps capture

Is there a way to extract map pictures in let say 0.500 zoom level? The hard way would be to screen capture something like 5000+ pictures (for Kuban) on that zoom level and than merge them in graphic program, but i wonder if there is any tool which would allow map capture  in desired zoom level!?

If such a tool doesn't exist, is it possible at least to put editor in 4k resolution so with desired zoom level i could actually capture bigger area?

Thanks.

What do you want to use it for? If you're just looking for a way to view the maps outside of IL2, e.g. for planning purposes, you may want to visit il2map.info. It's got all the maps in full resolution.

Thanks, but i know for il2map.info. The idea is to build a web based mission planner which would completely remove the need for the game editor. I need more detailed maps for bigger detail level than you can get with those GUI maps available.

Well, the map images themselves are in data/swf/il2/mapstiles/[mapname]/tiles/[zoomlevel] (extract using unGTP). This would only give you some 150-200 images to merge instead of 500. 😉

Then again, for a web based application, you would want multiple small files for different zoom levels instead of one big (~100MB) image. So for a web-based service, you should just need to convert said files from .dds to .jpg or .png, and load them on demand depending on zoom level and location.

I think il2map.info does something similar; they have the same amount of detail as in the max zoom level folders in the game, so if you need more detail than you can get with il2map.info, I think you're out of luck.

Also, I'm not sure about the legality of hosting the map files online (they're the intellectual property of 1C games), so you should probably contact one of the moderators about that.

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed