ACG_Flyby

requesting a map mod

Hello Mod peoples of Earth! Take me to your...OK time to get a bit serious. I have a problem with flying and also trying to view the (full screen) map at the same time. On the ACG server, the minimap is disabled, so full screen it is. I also practice single missions with the full screen map. It would be nice to be able to import the IL2 mission-planner map into the cockpit as a small-ish screen that would also allow me to see the world outside the cockpit. I've found a video that loosely represents what I'm speaking of. Its probably apples-to-oranges, but the idea seems to show  the end result I'd like to see. Here's the link to that video (may is stir your creative juices): 

thank you,

Flyby out

If the map you want to display is static, you can try the function of my mod that allow to display your jpg picture inside the game:

hi lefuneste,

Thanks for replying. I will try to wrap my brain around what I'm looking at, but your solution certainly seems to fit my 2d desire for map viewing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but  if I take a screen shot of the intended map (saved as a jpeg), I can import it into my cockpit for my online usage in campaign missions?

thank you again,

Flyby out  

Edited by ACG_Flyby

20 hours ago, ACG_Flyby said:

hi lefuneste,

Thanks for replying. I will try to wrap my brain around what I'm looking at, but your solution certainly seems to fit my 2d desire for map viewing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but  if I take a screen shot of the intended map (saved as a jpeg), I can import it into my cockpit for my online usage in campaign missions?

thank you again,

Flyby out  

Yes. Save it as "image1.jpg" in the folder ReplacementTextures  (it will overwrite my joystick mapping picture), nad maybe update the ResourceKneepadCoord to have a better ratio if needed (see "customization" section) in first post of the mod thread.