Sign in to follow this  
greywulf

Hotas assignments lacking

Other peripherals disconnected and IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz recognizes my Warthog Hotas right away first try bravo! Not IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad nightmare so far. It recognizes the imput for axis assignments but does nothing with it. What good is it having a awesome set up with Hotas and stands if the devs can't get it working on the Hotas side?

• Haha 1

Countless number of people on here using the same hardware without issues. Hopefully one of them comes forward to help you out.

Until then, try not to blame the devs for something that is most likely a config issue on your end.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greywulf said:

Other peripherals disconnected and IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz recognizes my Warthog Hotas right away first try bravo! Not IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad nightmare so far. It recognizes the imput for axis assignments but does nothing with it. What good is it having a awesome set up with Hotas and stands if the devs can't get it working on the Hotas side?

We need more information. You say the game 'recognizes the input' but does nothing with it. Do you mean that you can assign the axis to the engine throttle or what have you, but then when flying the throttle movement does nothing?  Did you previously have another HOTAS or joystick? Sometimes there's a bug where the game doesn't fully delete the old axis assignments. Someone recently had a similar problem with rudder pedals not being fully recognized by the game. I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

As pfrances says, a lot of people use that exact same rig and do just fine, there's probably something that can be done to fix it if you let us help you.

EDIT: This is the thread I was talking about. Seems like your issue may be similar. It could be an issue with devices.txt in your config files OR windows 10, which tends to be wonky with game controllers. Obviously be careful if you're modifying config files or anything else. But these issues might be worth checking out.

Edited by RedKestrel