jollyjack

Flying Circus ... nice, but ..

Since i got it i get this on each online game boot:

server error.jpg

Pressing Close and online again fixes it, but i have no such internet issues with other software, and had no with IL*2 or Cliffs. I use NordVPN in the same settings as always, no problems.

PS flying a WW1 plane over any AAA enemy unit is impossible without getting killed ...... any handmade SP missions out there yet?

Edited by jollyjack
correction

19 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Since i got it i get this on each online game boot:

server error.jpg

Pressing Close and online again fixes it, but i have no such internet issues with other software, and had no with IL*2 or Cliffs. I use NordVPN in the same settings as always, no problems.

PS flying a WW1 plane over any AAA enemy unit is impossible without getting killed ...... any handmade SP missions out there yet?

Hello Jollyjack, i'm sorry for your connection errors but as far i'm aware those are not related to a special part of the Great Battles series. It is your generel connection to the Il-2 Servers that seem to be not working here. Do you have a bad ping atm?  To your second part.

The AA ingame is from WW2 and is far more deady, even the low calibre aa is dangerous. Until we get the WW1 assets with the right aa, Vehicles etc. i wouldn't try it.
But there is a glimps of hope for that. If i'm not wrong, this will come with the FC Map and that is, i think, in the beta. So we have to wait and see what we get in the near future.
Sadly i did not see any selfmade missions right now, but i could be wrong.

42 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

PS flying a WW1 plane over any AAA enemy unit is impossible without getting killed ....

Turn off the AAA?

ps I had the same thing happening to me yesterday as well on opening the game Jack. Like you say, it WILL start up but only after this message. Dunno what it is but my ping AND bandwidth are absolutely fine, also on  NordVPN. If it continues I suggest putting a post in Technical Issues/Bug Reports section. If it's flagged up and it's a game issue then everyone will get the benefit.

Rap

Edited by Raptorattacker

6 hours ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

....  Do you have a bad ping atm?  ...

Hi Al, i know how to ping in command mode, but what's atm.? Always thought one needs an IP for this pinging business ...

Anyway, i think it has to do with the IL*2 software, it started after the FC addition, bofore all was OK, noe i have to choose 'close', after that it works.

6 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Turn off the AAA?

ps I had the same thing happening to me yesterday as well on opening the game Jack. Like you say, it WILL start up but only after this message. Dunno what it is but my ping AND bandwidth are absolutely fine, also on  NordVPN. If it continues I suggest putting a post in Technical Issues/Bug Reports section. If it's flagged up and it's a game issue then everyone will get the benefit.

Rap

Sneak in at a low level from behind with an FC plane? I had my revenge though, took a big fat Spit V instead with an even fatter bomb and dropped it right on his head; bingo.

Yesterday some one mentioned Rise of Flight ... nice, but somehow bit of a downer graphically, planes are ok.

Now i wonder if there are any bombers coming for FC, RoF has a really weird wide winged bird. Ther was one even flyable in IL 1946.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Hi Al, i know how to ping in command mode, but what's atm.?

"atm" = "at the moment"

• Thanks 1

Came home after a week, started the lot; the bug is gone by itself; wonders of the WIindows World ...