Sign in to follow this  
E69_pienoir

three questions for TF

Since the progress of TF5 is so obvious, I wanted to ask three things

First

Does it come with VR?

Be honest, a little bird said yes

second

Regarding the weather, will we see something similar in clod?

Spoiler

and third
Will the recording system be improved in any way?

Thank you

1. No, VR will come 6-12 months after Tobruk.

2. Highly doubt, at least for now. I am sure they have tons of work, some graphic effect of rain would be on the bottom of things to do.

1 - By "999th" time: No. By "1000th" time: NO!!! :)

2 - No 

3 - No -  probable  require to much work for change the actual, that to be fair is the worst used in any CFS until now with that awkward recording start method.:negative:

The desert is not exactly known for it's intense rain xD

I already find that flying in the rain in BoS is a pain in the ass and I'd rather not fly than fly into this. I appreciate the effect when passing throught clouds tho.

I'm pretty sure that most of the time unless the pilots were already in the air nobody would go for combat sorties during a storm or in rainy weather.

Also about VR it's been said thousands of times that it will not happen unless the expansion sells, kind of a waste of time making this for such a small minority if you ask me.

Third that's a total waste of time knowing the team is small and busy.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

1 hour ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I appreciate the effect when passing throught clouds tho

That is what I meant
But I did not deny the evidence that on the channel map it would be a plus immersion

It is something that should be standard in simulation at this time

Third that's a total waste of time knowing the team is small and busy.

I don't understand that part

nobody would go for combat sorties during a storm or in rainy weather.

in the battle of england?
I do not believe you
I don't see the English having tea and the Germans playing cards because there was bad weather

1. No

2. TBC

3. No, most use GeForce Experience or Fraps. 

22 minutes ago, E69_pienoir said:

It is something that should be standard in simulation at this time

It's not even realistic. Only certain kind if clouds will give you that rainy thing effect. What we have in box with every could doing this has really nothing to do with realism. So might as well not have it at all. Effect is the same. 

23 minutes ago, E69_pienoir said:

I don't understand that part

It means that there are way more important things to do. 

Weather is something between. Sometimes there would be missions in bad weather, sometimes not. I don't believe that in storm or thunderstorm there would be flying. But mist or rain could be possible. Keep in mind that airfields on the ground would be wet and covered in mud. Taking off with fighters could be impossible. Ju87 would have better chance. 

Here is some aftermath of rain.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, E69_pienoir said:

and third
Will the recording system be improved in any way?

In my opinion TFS's top three priorities should be; 

1)  As bugfree and feature complete release of TFS 5.0 in as short a time as possible.

2)  VR implementation.

3)  Overhaul of track recording system.

However,  I fear

9 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

3 - No -  probable  require to much work for change the actual, that to be fair is the worst used in any CFS until now with that awkward recording start method.:negative:

is correct.  Personally, I really would make this priority 3 for the long term future of the game. 

Look at the vast amount of BoS videos available on YouTube now.   The RoF/BoS track recording system is extremely versatile and coupled with ShadowPlay allows all users to produce interesting, informative and artistic videos incredibly easily.  A vast amount of quality eye candy is now out there.

Compare that with what is available for Cliffs.:(     Fast internet connections and easy to use tools have effectively made all of us reviewers and promoters of video games.   At present Cliffs isn't really able to take advantage of these and as a method of promotion across the internet I feel it has suffered accordingly.

Edited by DD_Arthur

1º__________________________NO

2ª__________________________NO

3ª__________________________NO

I woke up from the nap with this bad news

source.gif

lol am I the only one thats worried about the god awful antialiasing the never worked properly in the base game to start with and makes it look bad visually?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

lol am I the only one thats worried about the god awful antialiasing the never worked properly in the base game to start with and makes it look bad visually?

I am pretty sure people already complained about it multiple times and answers was they are working on it.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

It means that there are way more important things to do

to enable a mapping button for track recording

I can not believe you!!

Edited by E69_pienoir

4 minutes ago, E69_pienoir said:

I can not believe you!!

Some things are harder than they look. Just like changing entire main menu which is not easy task. I am not in TF and I am not a programmer, maybe it's easy and fast or maybe it would require figuring out old code and writing new one and this wasting lots of time that is currently needed somewhere else. Little stuff like this are most likely to come after tobruk when it turns out to be a success.

Best solution now is simply recording entire flight. Start recording at the beginning of your flight. It's not really that big of a deal. Is it's single player, you can just click P to pause the game and then go to menu and click start recording. 

It's a shame it doesn't record like the original IL2, so as soon as you start any mission on or offline it automatically records, then when you finish, you decide whether to keep the trk or discard it. 

Edited by Mysticpuma

11 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Best solution now is simply recording entire flight.

if you edit video you will know how unpleasant it is to not be able to go anywhere on the track using a progress bar

every time you need a new plan you have to put the track from the beginning

and if you go out of place you have to put the track back from the beginning,

you have to put the track from the beginning .............

EDIT 

the engraving button is the least of the problems if one can go anywhere on the track

Apart from a free camera view that does not exist

Edited by E69_pienoir

Just now, E69_pienoir said:

if you edit video you will know how unpleasant it is to not be able to go anywhere on the track using a progress bar

every time you need a new plan you have to put the track from the beginning

and if you go out of place you have to put the track back from the beginning,

you have to put the track from the beginning .............

Yep.  It's a nightmare. 

Unfortunately it would require a very big effort on TSF part as I suspect it would all be tied into the GUI and the major overhaul that requires too.   This was something 1C realised when they were still developing the game but even they were unable to find the time and resources to change it.

I've come to believe NA is being tailored for those who might still be playing CloD online. Things like BoX quality graphics and ease of use are not necessary in that setting. I have no idea how furiously TFS is working and I do not know how much there is left to be done. Why would I hold myself out as knowledgeable about such things if I am not a Team member? It seems that certain fixes that have been requested forever such as anti-aliasing improvements and one-click track recording will be ever forthcoming. VR is not important for online clientele. If anti aliasing correction is not possible why is VR implementation possible? 6-12 months to implement VR after NA is completed? How was that determination made?

19 minutes ago, Dagwoodyt said:

6-12 months to implement VR after NA is completed? How was that determination made?

Purely by the voices within InProgress's head.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

It's a shame it doesn't record like the original IL2, so as soon as you start any mission on or offline it automatically records, then when you finish, you decide whether to keep the trk or discard it. 

Oh well we all know the tragedy that CloD was.

Im confident that a lot more positive changes will come.

Also if it comes to having a simple button working I suppose someone will take care of it at some point. Regardless the new front will be bags of fun.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

I am pretty sure people already complained about it multiple times and answers was they are working on it.

Makes sense 😄

I dont feel the need to complain but I did ask about it, for me such a fix would be THE highlight of 5.0 because visuals are one of my primary concerns when it comes to video games.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

2 hours ago, E69_pienoir said:

The irony about CloD bad track record system is that is in this way due (iL-2:46) players complain, some guys are lazy for search records named e.g. Track1, Track2... and ask - during CloD development, to be able to previous give a name for tracks, and result in that "disaster".  :rolleyes:

I imagine I would have asked for the same thing back in the day. I think the feature is more than reasonable. All came down to the implementation I presume.

In answer:

- Yes, we are changing the cloud systems and weather... but unlikely to have rain or snow implemented immediately...  later in a patch.

- We are changing the Anti-Aliasing to bring the game up to date in this area.

- We will not implement VR for TF 5.0, but hope to see this arrive approx. six months to a year later.

A question for those who use VR:

-  The first cockpit models made by the original developers, as for example the Spitfires and Hurricanes, did not have all gauges modeled in 3D... some were left as 2D.  Later models, i.e. the 109's, etc. did have all gauges in 3D.  Theoretically we will need to go back and make all aircraft gauges 3D in these early model aircraft.  Would those who use VR be willing to tolerate some 2D gauges in some aircraft as a temporary inconvenience in order to get VR implemented sooner?  (on the understanding these gauges would be made 3D for TF 6.0)  Or do they want everything to be converted to 3D prior to release of VR?

If the Spit. mk. V and Hurricane II - along with the other new planes for TF 5.0 - have full 3D cockpits then it will not matter.  After more than eight years of flying them, no one is going to be returning to the early models in a hurry.

If it makes a six month difference to the release schedule,  as far as I'm concerned the early Spits and Hurricanes can be hangered where the sun don't shine whilst we fly the new stuff on a new map. 

5 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

In answer:

- Yes, we are changing the cloud systems and weather... but unlikely to have rain or snow implemented immediately...  later in a patch.

- We will not implement VR for TF 5.0, but hope to see this arrive approx. six months to a year later.

-  The first cockpit models made by the original developers, as for example the Spitfires and Hurricanes, did not have all gauges modeled in 3D... some were left as 2D.  Later models, i.e. the 109's, etc. did have all gauges in 3D.  Theoretically we will need to go back and make all aircraft gauges 3D in these early model aircraft.  Would those who use VR be willing to tolerate some 2D gauges in some aircraft as a temporary inconvenience in order to get VR implemented sooner?  (on the understanding these gauges would be made 3D for TF 6.0)  Or do they want everything to be converted to 3D prior to release of VR?

"implemented sooner" than when?

Sokol1 long ago described the 2D gauge problem. As you are asking about implementing VR in a post TF 5.0 world, we are talking years in the future. I do not think that any "new" flight sim that does not have VR implementation will be marketable by then. It is perplexing that you are able to ballpark completion time for VR  implementation but are contractually unable to ballpark expected completion date for TF 5.0. NA is most easily understood as CloD with new map and plane/vehicle set. That should be enough for those still active in the CloD online world.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dagwoodyt said:

I do not think that any "new" flight sim that does not have VR implementation will be marketable by then.

Lol another one who thinks VR is some kind of holy grail. Only 15% of people in this poll said they have and use VR. 

VR is not a big thing and most likely won't be in near future. It's really getting boring tho, VR won't delay Tobruk because that small group of VR users thinks they are most important. VR will come soon after which was said hundred times. What more is to discuss here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dagwoodyt said:

"implemented sooner" than when?

It is perplexing that you are able to ballpark completion time for VR  implementation but are contractually unable to ballpark expected completion date for TF 5.0. 

There are priorities as in all projects, you don't paint the wall before it's build.
In this case, Tobruk's release is the main priority along with debugging specific points (not necessarily visible bugs) that have been forecasted by the coders.
Inserting new stuff always has an influence on already existing stuff and can create some issues with it.(=Delay)
And those guy's hands are full at the moment with this task.
Never forget TFS is not a full time paid studio like 777.
They are all great guys working in the shadows in their free time so this game can continue to live.
KR

• Like 1

What I've said is that VR is not a relevant issue for the target audience. VR would "delay" TF 5.0. Delay cannot be tolerated even though a completion date cannot not be stated because the initial release must be flawless and the team is only able to work when and as time to work becomes available. As such, pace of development is problematic. I am not able to identify any point of disagreement.

23 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

In answer:

Just bumping this response in case it gets lost. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, E69_pienoir said:

second

Regarding the weather, will we see something similar in clod?

Once a time:

• Upvote 1

Yes, are on release version.

Happens that the effect is more than visual on cockpit Plexiglas - like is in Bo'X' or DCS, in CloD the ice has effect over the carburetor and pitot tube.

And due this when you enter in cloud, the engine "gough" and may plane drop from sky. :)

But, CloD  "vanilla" has only small and medium clouds, resulting a bit strange this ice effect when you cross a small cloud low in middle of Channel, at noon - in "Summer of 1940". 😜

Then TF disable this in one of their "MOD-patches".

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

it doesn't seem very complicated to improve it if it's there

It was logical on a channel map

Yes, it is a very nice effect and gives some use to the redundant 'pitot tube heater' control.

the forbidden video

See it under your responsibility ......

Spoiler

game  2009!!

22 hours ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

Just bumping this response in case it gets lost. 

There is no point in entertaining this question. TF 5.0 does not exist. If it did and TFS were beginning work on a VR implementation they would soon see for themselves whether the 2D/3D gauge mix would be acceptable to VR users. Assuming TF 5.0 were to actually come to pass the team would likely be overwhelmed by urgently needed fixes and would be in no position to begin working on VR. Further, if TFS knows its' target audience does not use VR why would they expend resources on its' implementation? Would any answer re 2D/3D gauge mix given in September 2019 even be remembered by the time TF 5.0 were to surface?

Edited by Dagwoodyt

33 minutes ago, Dagwoodyt said:

There is no point in entertaining this question. TF 5.0 does not exist. If it did and TFS were beginning work on a VR implementation they would soon see for themselves whether the 2D/3D gauge mix would be acceptable to VR users. Assuming TF 5.0 were to actually come to pass the team would likely be overwhelmed by urgently needed fixes and would be in no position to begin working on VR. Further, if TFS knows its' target audience does not use VR why would they expend resources on its' implementation? Would any answer re 2D/3D gauge mix given in September 2019 even be remembered by the time TF 5.0 were to surface?

Mr. Dagwoodyt

I notice it picky

TF5 exists and will leave shortly

Maybe they are the translators or the language difference, but a halo of negativity breathes in their words

You want TF5, don't lie to me

Be constructive please, here people are not known for not entering combat

PEACE

Edited by E69_pienoir
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dagwoodyt said:

Hello Dagwoodyt

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion.

But I am sorry to to have to correct you.

We will release TF 5.0, it will be published by 1C Online Games and anyone who wishes to buy it will have an opportunity to do so.

Thanks  😉

Questions have been answered, thread is being closed.

• Like 1